The future of Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franksixer View Post
    Does anybody have any news on what went down so far? Did anything happen in the last couple of days?
    You didn't miss a thing, unless you were hoping to catch Daniel Rashid, Shvan Alladin, Philippe Alexander and Ellie Gall talking about being hungry -- LOL'd so hard during that live feed. And I got a mention out of it so I was grinning like crazy this morning. I love my oddballs.

The stargate panel with Chris Judge, Tony Amendola, Darren Read, Darryl something and Kieran something will be up on Stargate Command's Youtube page at some point. Nothing was said about any future plans except a future cooperation with Tongal.

Man I still have my fingers crossed... A man can dream right?
    A man can certainly dream but if it's about stargate, I'd say keep it small.

If you are Stargate command member check your email.
    I unsubscribed from their mail service because they don't distinguish between all-access members and no-access members, therefore I got mails send to me about all-access and why I'm not in it -- BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT ME! wasn't considerd an appropriate and polite answer so I unsubscribed.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 20 July 2018, 06:18 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If anything comes back as a series I am hoping for more SGU. I think they have the best option of getting most of the cast together or if they need to leave some of them in the freezer. SG1 would almost have to be a new cast with old ones worked in. I had also read about Joe Flannigan wanting to buy stargate at one time and get things going perhaps on another network or streaming. As for SGA they barely touch how much tech they could learn about in that city ship. I think a combo of SG1 and SGA since the Atlantis is on earth now and seperate SGU with some tie in. No matter what it's going to moving at a snails pace (If it happens at all)for us fans and it is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by bschultz View Post
        If anything comes back as a series I am hoping for more SGU.
        I think it's save to assume that ship has sailed.

IF anything is ever announced, it'll probably be something entirely new and hopefully within the SG-1/SGA/SGU timeline/universe.

However, I have the distinct feeling MGM would rather start fresh and ignore 17 years of stargate in favor of a completely new story. Origins followed 1994 canon for the most part, and ignored pretty much everything after it.

(even if SG-1 altered some events and characters, it stayed somewhat in line with what came before and expanded on it)

And if MGM likes what it sees with Command, then it will continue to ignore half the fanbase and will continue to cater to the few, which won't bring in any new fans and will not keep fans around who have no access to their exclusive content.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have to agree with you. But as a fan I have watch them cancel sg1 and sga. It's sad that they ended them but was able to live with it. SGU has left us hanging and i really liked it but not better than the other 2. To them it is just a show they put on sell commercial spots for and make money. Not much caring for fans in that way. I believe that the writers, special effects, actors and every one else who make the shows wants what we want. Perhaps a mini series to finish off SGU at the very least with a re-release of the series before it. There is also so much more they can do with the other 2 series with all the tech they have to use or discover in Atlantis and what they got from the Asgard. As Larry the cable guy would say. "Get er done"

Comment

I must say thank all of you for your responses! And thank you for welcoming me so much to this place it's literally the greatest Stargate Nexus of all time and everybody here is so friendly.. I'm so happy that I decided to step out of my shell and talk to you guys.. who would have thought there is so many like-minded people that have a passion for this just like me
            I apologize for the late response but better late than never... I definitely HAD to thank you guys for the warm welcome! Thank you so much..

Cheers
            -Frank
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X