Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASA Discovery July 13!

Taken from NASA website

For the first time ever, our Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope has found the source of a high-energy neutrino from outside our galaxy. High-energy neutrinos are hard-to-catch particles that are believed to be created by the most powerful events in the cosmos, like galaxy mergers and material falling onto supermassive black holes. Fermi traced this neutrino back to a blast of gamma-ray light from a distant supermassive black hole in the constellation Orion. It travelled 3.7 billion years at nearly light speed before being detected by an international team of scientists using the National Science Foundation’s IceCube Neutrino Observatory.

Asgards confirmed!
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

We are not alone
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Blackholes, are absolutely a horrific possibilty, theye basically break space time as we know it.... i mean maybe it all makes sense... but those things move so fast its to horrible to think about if it suddenly collided with a opposite force what they would do

Comment

i always worry because we can detect stuff under light speed, but what if a blackhole somehow hurls things beyond our detectability, perhaps some radiation is more then we realize what it is, perhaps its all we can detect of somethingthats been pushed out of our phase of existance :/

Comment

but those things move so fast its to horrible to think about if it suddenly collided with a opposite force what they would do
          The unstoppable force vs the immovable object kind of thing?

Anyone on this forum able to translate this news for a dummy such as me Does this basically confirms that blackholes can transfer particles in between vast distances in Space? Apart from the fact that you die a horrible death, does that means blackholes = wormholes?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
          X