• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BluePrincess View Post
    Good. So I'm free to try new riffs and I will not hear you complain

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
      I do knit as well-- I just like knitting when watching shows.
      Oh my goddess, I have mad respect for people who can multitask...

I remember I tried watching Voyager once while connecting my chainmail links but err... several holes later I gave up.

I have a guitar (can't play) but BluePrincess is right about the tutorials online. And perhaps she would be willing to do a masterclass through video once... the stargate tune seems like a good start.

(also own a bodhran -- also can't play, and a djembé which I can play)
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I absolutely cannot stand idle hands, I have to always do something with them. I probably have ADHD, it just has never been diagnosed. My youngest has diagnosed.

When I knit watching a show, it is usually with a simple pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I have a guitar (can't play) but BluePrincess is right about the tutorials online. And perhaps she would be willing to do a masterclass through video once... the stargate tune seems like a good start.
          My royal indulgence considers your proposition The stargate tunes are awesome (both SG1 and SGA). But I confess that the easiest song I like to teach, it's Smell like teen spirit (Nirvana) ***which I can't relate to any SG character, sadly
          John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

I absolutely cannot stand idle hands, I have to always do something with them. I probably have ADHD, it just has never been diagnosed. My youngest has diagnosed.
            ADHD is heridetary so chances are higher that either you or your husband have it too. Or someone else in your lineage.

I have ADD and a light form of autism (diagnosed only a year ago). My cousin has ADHD.

I literally have the attention span of a gnat.

My royal indulgence considers your proposition The stargate tunes are awesome (both SG1 and SGA). But I confess that the easiest song I like to teach, it's Smell like teen spirit (Nirvana) ***which I can't relate to any SG character, sadly
            Oh, Nirvana is okay too. Excellent taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              ADHD is heridetary so chances are higher that either you or your husband have it too. Or someone else in your lineage.

I have ADD and a light form of autism (diagnosed only a year ago). My cousin has ADHD.

I literally have the attention span of a gnat.

Oh, Nirvana is okay too. Excellent taste.
              I hear you folks... I think we get well along all together. I have dyscalculia, a kind of mathematical dyslexia. I can't make complicate calculations, my sens of direction is messed up, and I misjudge distances and mesures You can imagine how challenging and exciting it gets when I go hicking alone all day long in the woods ! LOL I have other means to find my way though. Well, I wasn't able to reach my dream to become a scientist (biologist), but I'm very strong in other matters.

About Nirvana, thanks I'm a badass rockN roll chick. And will always be

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

I play music (guitar and bass), I read and I love documentaries. I also like to be outdoor and I enjoy (a lot) nights in brew pubs

Knitting is very creative Beth, I like homemade stuff ! An art to keep alive
                I used to sing way back in a group, only played covers though... Let's get Beth in, she could be our master knitting flutist and we could start a band! I'm from Canada too!

Although I'm not sure if my style would fit your genre
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

My great grandparents emigrated from Canada. Does that count?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    I used to sing way back in a group, only played covers though... Let's get Beth in, she could be our master knitting flutist and we could start a band! I'm from Canada too!

Although I'm not sure if my style would fit your genre
                    Yeah let's have a jam all together haha !! Jelgate will keep us in tune LOL
                    About the music style, let's see

I'm glad to meet you, Chaka Canadian fellow

Jelgate : the more the merrier Your canadian origins may explain why you are always right... (which I doubt)...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Jelgate could play the tamborine. .

I have visited both Toronto and the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.

Comment

Jelgate could play the tamborine. .

I have visited both Toronto and the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.
                        Beautiful Ah Niagara Falls... a must !

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

I have no sense of time -- on top of that fabulous attention span.

Yup, we'll definitely work well together. This is going to go great.

Comment

Yep I am just in the middle of season 3

Still love this show
                            ~~~~~~
                            Romana Belmont

Comment

Yeah let's have a jam all together haha !! Jelgate will keep us in tune LOL
                              About the music style, let's see

I'm glad to meet you, Chaka Canadian fellow

Jelgate : the more the merrier Your canadian origins may explain why you are always right... (which I doubt)...
                              Music style was Metal, so we'll need an electric banjo in there.

Jelgate must be lying, I've never seen him apologize. His great grandparents probably got kicked out because of that.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by romanabelmont View Post
                                Yep I am just in the middle of season 3

Still love this show
                                Awesome and welcome! Falcon Horus put links to jigsaw puzzles and quizzes on each episode's threads up to season 5 ep 16 so far. They are watching three episodes a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X