Human Offspring from Parents of Both Ancient and Wraith Heritage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Offspring from Parents of Both Ancient and Wraith Heritage

If a human with the ATA gene had a child with a human with Wraith DNA, both parents having very strong abilities, might the child be able to fly both Ancient and Wraith ships?

Thoughts?

PS: John and Teyla can fly these ships, but I didn't name them to keep shipping out (bad pun intended). This could apply to children of similar people as them, as there are plenty of other people with such abilities.

PPS: Please keep comments respectful to all the Stargate races. This thread is about possible multiple inherited abilities and these would be characters' heritages and therefore families. Thank you.
    Last edited by WraithTech; 17 July 2018, 08:03 AM. Reason: adding request to keep comments respectful

Maybe, if both genes were same as strong, if one was more dominant then rather not because the dominant genes are likely to "cover up" the other genes.
    but on the other hand it could als be a mix then that they could not use any of the two

Comment

I never liked how they treated the ATA genes in Atlantis. You know genetic skills are never random. They are inherited through genes. Maybe some of them are dominant, some of them are recessive, maybe the local environment can influence how it is expressed, but it will never ever be a random "skill". If somebody has got ATA genes, then the descendants must have inherited them or at least to carry them. So technically if a bunch of Ancients live in a society then probably their children will have a higher chance to have the Ancient genes.

The same reason I didn't like the genetic memory of the Goa'uld. If they were so worried that a common descendt of two Goa'uld will create a Harsiesis, that it means that some Goa'uld DNA or even memories must be inherited by the human hosts. Because it is differents when the Goa'uld Queen gives or denies her genetic memories from the next junior sized symbiontes, but in this case the human host must father such genes with his child which will cause a bigger biological effect together with the inherited matriarchal DNA sequence.

I don't really remember what happened with the Wraith or how Teyla was affected in the first place, but probably her son also has got the skill what was part of the main metaplot in season 4-5.

I have even written a little fan fiction a few weeks ago :
      Spoiler:
      I have rewatched the Harsiesis related storyline. I believe something is still missing from the timeline. What could happen with the Goa'uld why they don't want to remember their past crimes? They are evil anyway, so what can be even worse than them? There must have happened some serious events, but unfortunately the SG shows have never really explored this area of their past. I have imagined a little quick backstory. We know that they were taken the Unas as hosts. Then maybe some other visitor race was also taken as host so they could leave their planet through the stargate or some spaceship. Maybe The Great Alliance has seen a great potential in them as they wanted the "good" Goa'ulds to look after and guide the human worlds while they were escaping to the Pegasus galaxy. That is the reason they were named as System Lords, as literally one Goa'uld was guarding one solar system. Maybe the Great Alliance has already fallen apart that time and this step looked like a good idea as they Goa'uld hosts looked immune to the brain infection, but no Ancients was willing to unite with them, I don't know. They were spreading and they could controll easily most of the galaxy. There were complete worlds where everyone were Goa'uld! Then they have meet an alien race on a distant world who wanted to stop them and they rebelled against the Goa'uld rule. The free Titans have used advenced technologies (like laser firing satellites), but they couldn't defeat the complete Goa'uld as there were so many of them and they infected so many races in the galaxy. One of the minor Goa'uld Queen (Mnemosyne - goddess of memory and in this case literally the genetic memory) made a biggest evolution jump for the Goa'uld. She has taken a Titan as a host. She learned that host and the symbiote can share memories and experiences, so these essential information can be coded into genetic memories. They learned all the technological defences of the Titans this way, so more and more Goa'uld wanted a Titan host as they were jealous to each other. The Titans were really effective enemies in the past and most of the Goa'uld worlds have been wiped out easily. What Mnemosyne and the other Goa'ulds couldn't know that the Titans decided to have an evil long term plan how to defeat the Goa'uld society from inside. They artificially engineered Titan bodies which directly sacrificied themselves as hosts, so the first Titan was misleading Mnemosyne (her host name was Gaia). We know that the Goa'uld Tel'chak (Mayan rain god from the season 7 Evolution I-II) found that cube like device in 900BC which helped to create the first Goa'uld sarcophagus what ruined the souls of the Goa'ulds. The Titans directly wanted the Goa'uld to find it, so while the Goa'uld could heal themselves, now they could heal their vulnerable aliens hosts as well with the cube. Later the developed sarcophagus technology what looked very-very adventageous in a galaxy wide war. The proud Goa'uld haven't realized the side effect of the technology in time. They became more and more depent on the Titan technology as every Goa'uld wanted to live forever. They became more and more suspicious and hostile to each other, while the genetic memories made sure that all the future generations of the Goa'uld were the same as well. They almost killed each other completly as they were fighting for more and more power. Not to mention that they symbiontes became parazites. Unfortunately the other side effect of the technology was that their life can be only extended if they were consuming other Goa'ulds, so that is how the cannibalism started. Meanwhile the Goa'uld Ra discovered the Tauri, where they found a new, easier controllable host race : the humans. Most leaders of the Goa'ulds all changed to human hosts as this race looked perfect to repopulate the galaxy under their own terms and they killed most of the earlier host races. (The legends would come from here as the first generation of gods in Titans bodies, then the rebellion of the Titans etc.) The Goa'uld made an agreement that the Queens should not pass the Titan DNA to the future symbiote generations. They couldn't control the reproductive system of their own human hosts, but at least they could completly control their bodies not like the earlier host races. So they also discussed they will not allow of two Goa'uld humans hosts to have a common child (the Harsiesis) as even the human hosts were carrying some part of technological memories in the Titans DNA (in the quiet part of the human DNA) what was more stronger if it was doubled in the DNA of the common child. Some Goa'uld tried to use the Harsiesis as hosts, but they couldn't complete control on such hosts and they became completly mad (as a genetic revenge of the Titans), so most of them have rather abadonned and killed the forbidden childrens. Even these became such myths what they never ever talked about again. So eventually the Titans were defeated and a few survivors were imprisoned, but their mission was basically successfull. The mind (and the genetic) of the Goa'uld was infected forever and even the Queen couldn't stop of spreading it. They never tried to take a Titan as a host again. An advanced and safe human host was always a long term plan of the Goa'uld. They really made them dependent on the sarcophagus technology and their numbers greatly decreased because of the civil war and the cannibalism. What the Titans haven't calculated in that millions of humans suffered from slavery and Goa'uld civil wars because of their genetic memories and revenge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemosyne

I know it is not the most exciting mini-story, it is just a quick improvization. We know that even Ra has had a strange alien host, maybe that was the reason he could gain power as he was the one of who found Earth and the humans. Mnemosyne could be left out completly and he could be the one who has taken a Titan as a host, but Ra has never been a Goa'uld Queen as he had Hathor, so it would look a bit odd how his actions had an effect on every other Goa'uld around him. I know I don't have to expalin everything all the time, just I don't like plotholes.

And we should explain what happened with the earlier humans in the galaxy? Were they all Ancients? Or have all of them died out / ascended / escaped? What if Ra's host was a Vanir (see the small flashback at his death in the Stargate movie)? What if they wanted to ruin the Alliance with the viral infection of the Ancients? That would be also a big revelation that they have been manipulating even the biggest races for a while now.

I guess the writers of SG shows haven't dug themselves into biochemistry, but if two Goa'uld human hosts can pass genetic memories to create a Harsiesis, then it means that the Goa'uld host bodies are directly passing genes to future generations. So maybe a Goa'uld host could supress the "genetic memorial poison of the Titans" and they could kill all the Harsiesis, but what if they fathered a child with a "normal" human? It means that every descendant of active human hosts could carry such DNA sequences which are part Goa'uld or Titan. And that means lots of affected people in the galaxy. That would be an interesting new "genetic" discovery (for example the Ashen could extract some Goa'uld memories to gain new gate addresses and that how their story as a hostile galactic civilization could start...) You know the human DNA has got lots of quiet genetic sequences / parts which are not used for anything in our body, but it is still being copied to every cell. It is like an evolutionary heritage, but these part of the DNA never used to synthetitize any proteins (what is needed for enzyms). Or if you have seen how an embryo develops, then there is a stage when all humans had a little tail like body part like a genetic heritage from the reptile times, but then this tail disappears within a few days. I hope you can still follow me. Imagine it like copying a book all the time, but everybody would put an empty page in without informations, then soon it or later most of the book would be empty and just a small portion would be really useful. So my idea would be that if the Goa'uld had genetic memories about earlier host races, then maybe it was accidentally given to human descendants. And don't forget that even the Ancients coded their precious high-tech stuff with genetic coding. There must be a really good reason why the Goa'uld has never found this "biological key", maybe it shows up on Earth as a gift from Merlin or whatever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-coding_DNA
      Last edited by Platschu; 24 August 2018, 01:32 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
        if one was more dominant then rather not because the dominant genes are likely to "cover up" the other genes.
        Maybe the Ancients would have wanted the ATA gene to be recessive to Wraith DNA no matter what.

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
        but on the other hand it could als be a mix then that they could not use any of the two
        They would just have to be like all the rest of us then.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        if two Goa'uld human hosts can pass genetic memories to create a Harsiesis, then it means that the Goa'uld host bodies are directly passing genes to future generations. So maybe a Goa'uld host could supress the "genetic memorial poison of the Titans" and they could kill all the Harsiesis, but what if they fathered a child with a "normal" human? It means that every descendant of active human hosts could carry such DNA sequences which are part Goa'uld or Titan. And that means lots of affected people in the galaxy. That would be an interesting new "genetic" discovery (for example the Ashen could extract some Goa'uld memories to gain new gate addresses and that how their story as a hostile galactic civilization could start...)
        This has some amazing implications.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
          If a human with the ATA gene had a child with a human with Wraith DNA, both parents having very strong abilities, might the child be able to fly both Ancient and Wraith ships?

Thoughts?
          Good question WT, I would say yes, if said child retains strong Wraith DNA. As for flying ancient ships, it always baffled me that considering how intelligent Wraiths are they never figured out the ATA gene therapy. What's stopping them exactly?

I guess the writers of SG shows haven't dug themselves into biochemist, but if two Goa'uld human hosts can pass genetic memories to create a Harsiesis, then it means that the Goa'uld host bodies are directly passing genes to future generations.
          I always thought that it wasn't the host, but the symbiote that chose to pass along the genetic memories (through the host obviously). Perhaps it is a conscious choice of the Goa'uld to do so just like the Queen of the Tok'ra chose not to pass along hers to her offspring, or maybe that's something limited to Queens only?

That raises another question, would the offspring of two Harcesis maintain these memories ?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            What's stopping them exactly?
            It could be a Wraith cultural bias against anything having to do with the Ancients, but, then that could seem incongruent with the Wraith making their language a derivative of Ancient.

Maybe there is something to what Az'ryel suggested about one gene overpowering the other. Maybe the Ancients deliberately designed their ATA gene to be recessive to those of most other races as a failsafe? EDIT: SGU suggests some sort of genetic marker detection: "We know in other cases with their later technologies that the Ancients used sensors that restricted access by detecting specific genetic markers." Dale Volker

I still wonder about characters of majority human heritage, though, because the Wraith and Ancient DNA would be a smaller part of them and might be a loophole for all the abilities to be expressed. I am not sure either the Wraith or the Ancients forecasted the existence of humans having some of their traits any more than the Goa'uld might have also overlooked the possibility of their descendants Platschu brought up.

(I'm not as well-versed in SG-1 knowledge but still eagerly await theories on Goa'uld.)
            Last edited by WraithTech; 11 July 2018, 08:38 AM. Reason: adding SGU quote

Comment

The wiki, unreliable as it is sometimes, has some interesting things in the Possible section, such as Michael may have been able to incorporate the ATA gene into himself, unless he hotwired the Ancient tech, and Anubis may have used Ancient tech after partially ascending.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ancie...ctivation_gene

These possible loopholes are great. This makes me appreciate the complexity of the world-building even more.
              Last edited by WraithTech; 11 July 2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Maybe the Ancients deliberately designed their ATA gene to be recessive to those of most other races as a failsafe? EDIT: SGU suggests some sort of genetic marker detection: "We know in other cases with their later technologies that the Ancients used sensors that restricted access by detecting specific genetic markers." Dale Volker
                Good point, now that I think about it, I think it's safe to say the Ancients indeed integrated such markers in their technologies. What better way to ensure Wraiths don't get their hands on powerful weapons? That was the only edge the Ancients had against the Wraith swarm.

One example that comes to mind would be Thor's Hammer. Granted it is Asguard tech, but one could assume they superseded the Ancients or adapted this tech to fit their needs (using the Head-Sucker repository perhaps).

My theory: Humans are empty slates that can retain the characteristics of their ancestors, whereas Wraiths and Goa'ulds (possibly even Ancients considering their level of evolution) have distinct genes that cannot be supressed and easily identified by such technologies. Therefore, inoculation is easily processed by humans for those that do not possess Ancient heritage, but isn't compatible with Wraith/alien lifeforms.

I am not in total agreement with Plat's theory in regards to the Goa'uld host bodies retaining DNA sequences that would be passed off to each generations. It is my hypothesis that blending must occur in order to pass along these memories OR direct procreation via two Goa'ulds parents, which would explain why Apophis needed her mate to blend with Sha'rae prior to conceiving a child. As I mentioned in my other post, the Tok'ra Queen was able to make a conscious choice as to transmit the genetic memories or create a ''blank slate symbiote''. This leads me to believe that such knowledge is not transferred automatically by DNA to the descendants of Goa'uld origins, but rather is a conscious choice of the snakeheads in question.

Plat seems well versed in genetics, so I may be wrong on this in scientific terms. But on the other hand, as far as I know, we have yet to see the last report on Goa'uld effects on human anatomy

I am not sure either the Wraith or the Ancients forecasted the existence of humans having some of their traits any more than the Goa'uld might have also overlooked the possibility of their descendants Platschu brought up.
                Are you suggesting that in all the millennias the Goa'ulds ruled the galaxy, none of them would be aware of this after countless blendings? If that was true, why did the Tok'ra not use this procreation method? Why not simply have natural children if they maintain these memories?
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Are you suggesting that in all the millennias the Goa'ulds ruled the galaxy, none of them would be aware of this after countless blendings? If that was true, why did the Tok'ra not use this procreation method? Why not simply have natural children if they maintain these memories?
                  The original post wasn't mine so I will let Platschu say more if needed. I was looking at post #3 and found fascinating the possibility about the Ashen and if the Goa'uld didn't know the biological key. Apologies to Platschu if I misinterpreted something.

Comment

Didn't mean to sound condescending, my apologies, I was more or less thinking out loud.

That brings another possibility, what if, through conscious choice a Harcesis is conceived makes it so these children are now able to pass along these memories to their descendants? That would certainly explain the aversion of the System Lords towards Harcesis and why they hunt them to extinction.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

The original post wasn't mine so I will let Platschu say more if needed. I was looking at post #3 and found fascinating the possibility about the Ashen and if the Goa'uld didn't know the biological key. Apologies to Platschu if I misinterpreted something.
                      This is only my fan fiction. I talked about this Titan story in my "Milky way in 2020" thread. I definately would like to bring back the Aschen and the Vanir, but you have go there to read more about it. Aschens were a master of genetics as they could forge biological weapons. I know that thread looks a bit messy, but I was brainstorming new races, new spinoffs, new stargate networks there. Maybe I wanted too much and even if I reached 3000+ views only 3 people have responded.

Well.. I am a pharmacist, so I like biology and I like believable science fiction where you can mix the fiction with real science. Basic genetic laws are even educated in secondary school for everyone in Hungary. I try to look dumb now, but in the last year of our high school (at age 18) we learn about the Mendelian inheritance laws:
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance
                      Or how the blood types of the colour of your eyes changing regarding your genotype. Or X chromosoma related illnesses etc. So these things are general knowledge in Hungary or maybe my gymnasium was really strong in education.

You know Juniors can inherit informations from the Goa'uld Queens. If you remember that disgusting scene lots of larvas were flooting in Hathor's bath water. So that is how the symbionte directly inherits their "Queens" memory.

But the Harsiesis story was a combination as two Goa'uld human hosts are creating a Harsiesis. So it means that whatever happens with the hosts, the parasite must modifiy the DNA to inherit some genetic memories or the hosts would have a normal child.

But it also means if the Goa'uld changes the host's human DNA than that change can be studied. Maybe even memories can be learnt. That is what they tried with Vala in Memento Mori or when they "cloned" Sahmet in season 7. So even if it was not directly confirmed the hosts must have been "infected" by the Goa'uld memories on a genetic way.

If you read my little fan fiction in spoiler tag, I tried to blame a new alien race, the Titans for turning the Goa'uld evil. We knew from the First One episode (the Unas episode from season 4) that those Goa'ulds haven't had any naqadah in their body. Maybe the official writers could find out a good background story what happened and it has influenced not just the Goa'uld anatomy but also their thinking as well.

So Harsiesis... We could explain it that they are dangerous only if two ACTIVE Goa'uld host creates a new child. So ex-Goa'uld hosts or if the symbionte was removed it doesn't matter. I believe I have made quite a good job to try to fill the plot holes in this genetic tale.

And don't forget that a horrible amount of our own DNA also doesn't code anything as I have written above. It is not logical from nature that it spends so much time to copy something what hasn't got any biological activity. So no enzymes, no proteins, nothing expressed from there. Probably it must have been some genetic "rubbish" from the evolution, but every organism are still copying them.

If you watched the finale of BattleStar Galactica they also pulled a nice genetic trick. They have revealed
                      that mitochondrial DNA is actually CYLON DNA
                      , so every humans carry this particular energy creating DNA section.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrion
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiogenesis
                      It happened in the past somewhere that eukaryotic cells has got such cell parts (mitochondrions) which inherited always from mother to mothers as fathers can not pass this genes with sperm cells. So basically even our evolution jump had a "symbionte". And that is the reason I love this clever solution from BSG.

And who knows? If we want to talk about the quiet section of our DNA, then they can put a little fiction in it as these DNA sections would be perfect for a Stargate tale. Unfortunately I am not so sure the audience would understand it.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-coding_DNA

So back to the ATA gene sequence. That is the reason it was not logical that it is a random characteristics. Maybe the dialogue was a bit unpolished in Rising (as they even jumped million years in the first scene). But if you know genetics than there is not such things as random. Maybe you can carry a gene which is not expressed (like a recessive allel), but it will never ever show up randomly in a population. It must be inherited then it means that previous and future generations must carry it as well.

If you remember they even used a retrovirus in Atlantis, which sounds as a cool technoblablabla, but technically they have injected ATA genes into each other. That is how McKay became a carrier of genes. But it also means that the potential future baby McKays will also carry it as well.

Obviously such genes would express more if both parents would have the ATA genes, so if you lock up some Ancients on a planet then all their future childrens should have it. That is the reason it was a bit weird to accept that less and less people can use Ancient technology in the Pegasus galaxy as technically all human populations are the descendants of the Ancients.

But who knows? Maybe they brought some "normal" humans to the Pegasus galaxy. It is still a question what they were doing there for million years. If Daedalus could fly between MW-P galaxies for 3 weeks, then the Atlantis cityship also must have done this journey quickly. Then what were they doing in the Pegasus galaxy for million years?

I always wanted to see an Origin story about the Iratus bugs. I wanted to understand how the Wraith was created. That is the reason I believe we should hear a story how an Ancient expedition was "captured" by the Iratus bugs then this Ancient Lady became the first Wraith Queen. It would be amazing to bring back Andee Frizzell as she is the key character of the Wraith. This little Origins story could explain why the Queens look the same as well....
                      https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0969160/
                      Last edited by Platschu; 24 August 2018, 01:40 PM.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I always wanted to see an Origin story about the Iratus bugs. I wanted to understand how the Wraith was created. That is the reason I believe we should hear a story how an Ancient expedition was "captured" by the Iratus bugs then this Ancient Lady became the first Wraith Queen. It would be amazing to bring back Andee Frizzell as she is the key character of the Wraith. This little Origins story could explain why the Queens look the same as well....
                        https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0969160/
                        That sounds perfect for Andee! She goes to a lot of cons, seems to care about the fandom, and would probably be up for the role. So, being an Iratus bugs Origin story, do you think the Ancients created the Iratus bugs and/or the energy being from "Hide and Seek"?
                        Last edited by WraithTech; 13 July 2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I am just a fan, so it is not my job to write this Atlantis story.

We only know that they have encountered an unexpected enemy in the galaxy. The viewers could imagine that the hologram must have talked about the Wraith, but what if it was the Iratus bug? Ancient explorers underestimated this little local animal, so they were "consumed" by the Iratus. Then these Ancients turned into the first Wraith, while the only female became the Queen. It was a perfect match as their strong will and inhuman skills rapidly increased the evolution of this new race. Just we have to find a really good reason why they haven't looked for the lost scouts. Maybe the new race was just hiding as the Iratus bug found so much mental willpower that it was their "bio ZPM". So technically every Wraith have got the ATA gene as they are modified Ancients....
                          Last edited by Platschu; 24 August 2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I was hoping for a fanfic and an Origins film. This is a good idea.

Comment

I am better at creating ideas and links between already established story elements. I am too shy to write fan fictions.

What I always missed about the Wraith that they haven't revealed any real Wraith name for individuals and for the tribes. If you remember originally Atlantis would have been on Earth, while the Wraith would have been slept in the Milky Way. They were planning to give them wings or telepathic flying skills, but they had to give up such concepts because of the budget reason.

I also wanted to hear more about Wraith projections, why this skill was developed, how it helps the hunt etc. So basically more about their skills, about their society.... Somehow they always reminded me to the zergs from StarCraft, so I expected we will see more about their pets. Or even the Iratus bugs could have used as bio-replicators in a few stories.

I still want Todd (the odd) to be a regular guest star in a new SG spinoff.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 24 August 2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X