Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 199
  1. #161
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    "Jar Jar Binks is the key" ~ Lucas
    what key could he have been talking about - the key to making good comic relief? the key to our hearts? the car keys?

    also the fact Lucas tended to be rather pugnacious in the face of Jar Jar haters lol

  2. #162
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    if so why didn't he reclaim his throne from Snoke all these years (or conversely why didn't Snoke ever challenge Sidious for control of the empire)
    Maybe to allow his enemies and rivals (rebels and other imperials/ crime syndicate) to wear each other down?

    i am just hoping there is no time travel in any shape or form

  3. #163
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I'm thinking Thrawn.
    He has the capability, and the knowledge to do it.
    could be. and if it is, has he corrupted Ezra over the years?

    last we saw either of them, they were both on the same ship being dragged through hyperspace to who knows where

  4. #164
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    Maybe to allow his enemies and rivals (rebels and other imperials/ crime syndicate) to wear each other down?

    i am just hoping there is no time travel in any shape or form
    time travel dont sound like a Star Wars thing

    if there is time travel it'd have to be in a very specific context & the result of a unique set of circumstances (not something that can be replicated any time by any conceivable science)

    like a phenomenon made possible by a "force storm" or something

  5. #165
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    "Jar Jar Binks is the key" ~ Lucas
    what key could he have been talking about - the key to making good comic relief? the key to our hearts? the car keys?

    also the fact Lucas tended to be rather pugnacious in the face of Jar Jar haters lol
    The full quote is "Jar Jar's the key to all this, if we get Jar Jar working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the movies," and it's from roughly 1997-99, during the production of The Phantom Menace.

    So, your grand behind-the-scenes theory is that....over 20 years ago, they were making a character they weren't even sure would work technically (first fully-CGI character), weren't sure would land comically, for a movie they had no idea how it would be received, at the start of a prequel trilogy of films they had no idea how long would take them to make....so that said character could become a villain in a sequel trilogy of movies that George was vocally adamant about never ever being made? Okay then.

    I suppose the saucer people and the reverse vampires are also in on the conspiracy.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  6. #166
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    time travel dont sound like a Star Wars thing

    if there is time travel it'd have to be in a very specific context & the result of a unique set of circumstances (not something that can be replicated any time by any conceivable science)

    like a phenomenon made possible by a rare "force storm" or something
    There was the "world between worlds" in Rebels that one might kind of view as a sort of time traveling....but then, as you say, that was a very unique set of circumstances which couldn't be replicated again by any conceivable (SW) science.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  7. #167
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The full quote is "Jar Jar's the key to all this, if we get Jar Jar working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the movies," and it's from roughly 1997-99, during the production of The Phantom Menace.

    So, your grand behind-the-scenes theory is that....over 20 years ago, they were making a character they weren't even sure would work technically (first fully-CGI character), weren't sure would land comically, for a movie they had no idea how it would be received, at the start of a prequel trilogy of films they had no idea how long would take them to make....so that said character could become a villain in a sequel trilogy of movies that George was vocally adamant about never ever being made? Okay then.

    I suppose the saucer people and the reverse vampires are also in on the conspiracy.
    good so you're saying Lucas' idea basically failed (it did but then given the backlash did he have a choice? I for one found Jar Jar moderately entertaining but not annoying either)

  8. #168
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    good so you're saying Lucas' idea basically failed (it did but then given the backlash did he have a choice? I for one found Jar Jar moderately entertaining but not annoying either)
    "Lucas's idea" was to make a funny CGI character for the film he was making at the time, Episode I. Whether that succeeded or failed is a matter of taste.

    'Darth Jar Jar' is a stupid internet thing that took off in 2015, which was never George Lucas's idea or intent.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  9. #169
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    "Lucas's idea" was to make a funny CGI character for the film he was making at the time, Episode I. Whether that succeeded or failed is a matter of taste.

    'Darth Jar Jar' is a stupid internet thing that took off in 2015, which was never George Lucas's idea or intent.
    so all his talk of a key was just for that '_' mucho underwhelming (but maybe he always was the eccentric sort of chap even before old age set in)

  10. #170
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    One thing that caught my attention: that shot of the hundreds (thousands?) of Star Destroyers.

    Those aren't First Order Star Destroyers. Those are Imperial Star Destroyers, and not even recent ones.

    The First Order Star Destroyers (Resurgent-class) appeared in TFA and TLJ, and look like this.

    The ones in this trailer are Imperial-I class Star Destroyers, which we've only seen depicted on screen in Rebels, Rogue One, and ANH. By the time of ESB/ROTJ, they had been phased out in favour of the Imperial-II class (note the different comm arrays atop the bridge tower - you can clearly see the -I type comm towers in this new TRoS teaser).

    And with the TFA/TLJ being set 34 years post-ANH....why on Earth is a fleet of 40+ year old warships appearing here? Something to do with Palpatine's return? Maybe something to do with the Contingency/Operation Cinder?

    I can't wait to find out!
    it probably does have something to do with the empire's contingency ops and establishing a presence/last bastion in the unknown regions. of which, it would of had to be a generational mission-at least one generation, yes?

    but

    in ep 8 when Leia said they were headed to the outer rim to find some possible allies, it is possible it could be the Mandalorians.. as in official military of, not bounty hunters

    the empire did have a presence there when mandalore was still loyal to the empire (seen in rebels), could be possible that they kept and maintained whatever ships were left there when they became independent

    but then, i guess JJ can just make them be whoever he wants them to be


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and the 'dark Rey' with the double sided sabre? any thoughts on whether this is 'real' or a force vision/dream?

  11. #171
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,125

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    it probably does have something to do with the empire's contingency ops and establishing a presence/last bastion in the unknown regions. of which, it would of had to be a generational mission-at least one generation, yes?

    but

    in ep 8 when Leia said they were headed to the outer rim to find some possible allies, it is possible it could be the Mandalorians.. as in official military of, not bounty hunters

    the empire did have a presence there when mandalore was still loyal to the empire (seen in rebels), could be possible that they kept and maintained whatever ships were left there when they became independent

    but then, i guess JJ can just make them be whoever he wants them to be


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and the 'dark Rey' with the double sided sabre? any thoughts on whether this is 'real' or a force vision/dream?
    I admit it would be cool to see some other force than Imperials using ISD.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  12. #172
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I admit it would be cool to see some other force than Imperials using ISD.
    according to this 'leak' those ships are full of red

    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-theories-date

  13. #173
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    FINAL TRAILER

    Last edited by DigiFluid; October 21st, 2019 at 07:08 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  14. #174
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,125

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Ok... Feeling the hype now.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  15. #175
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    A handful of thoughts....

    - I bet that was meant to be Leia's (or possibly Luke's) Endor helmet at the beginning
    - three films in and Rey and Ren's lightsaber fighting still looks awkward
    - more Palps and I still can't figure out how he fits into this
    - ooo the Star Destroyer rising up out of the ice/water!
    - holy crap, the Ghost is in that giant fleet shot!
    - Mark starting--and Carrie finishing--"the Force will be with you, always" -- ow, my heart
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  16. #176
    Captain Kilgharrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    OMG, I think I'm lost. HELP!!!!
    Posts
    1,540

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    The Ghost? Where? I don't see it.

  17. #177
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    The Ghost? Where? I don't see it.
    Right at the beginning, leading the fleet till the Falcon swoops in

    D41C88DC-122E-41A2-9DF7-07D2087ECAFF.jpg
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  18. #178
    Captain Kilgharrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    OMG, I think I'm lost. HELP!!!!
    Posts
    1,540

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    1:00?
    Right side of the screen?

  19. #179
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,952

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    I mean, I attached a screenshot where I circled it in lime green, not sure what else you want from me
    Last edited by DigiFluid; October 22nd, 2019 at 10:24 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  20. #180
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,046

    Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

    Booked my tickets

Similar Threads

  1. We Will Rise (406)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Four Episodes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2017, 11:00 PM
  2. If Anakin Skywalker hadn't fallen in love with Padme?
    By General Jumper One in forum Star Wars
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 5th, 2011, 03:44 AM
  3. Anakin Skywalker's descent to the Dark Side
    By aretood2 in forum Star Wars
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: December 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM
  4. A Time To Rise (201)
    By Alex Rubit in forum Season Two Episodes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
  5. A Different Anakin Skywalker ?
    By Buddhawasanancient in forum Star Wars
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 29th, 2007, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •