X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You mean like the end of Enterprise?
    That exact thought crossed my mind while I was writing that but I decided to go in another direction
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

oh i agree

let ep9 have its skywalkers, etc. then lets be done please

i mean i really do not want to see a Skywalker or C3PO wander into some cantina in THE MANDALORIAN

Comment

You mean like the end of Enterprise?
        i loved enterpise but the ending was probably the worst ever made..sad, the show had more to offer,even if only for 1 more season

would have liked to see the Earth Romulan war and the rise of the federation and all who were part of it at the time

i mean, you can never get enough of the Andorians, right?

Comment

We are discussing episode 9 of Starwars aren't we?

You (Magi 877) have brought Rogue one into the discussion, & now seem to be discussing future episodes beyond episode 9 (as in quote "i mean i really do not want to see a Skywalker or C3PO wander into some cantina in THE MANDALORIAN" /quote.
          Who or whatever THE MANDALORIAN is I believe it has its own thread.
          But if we are going off topic Mandorallan was a character in the Belgariad. Now there is a series they should have made into movie.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            We are discussing episode 9 of Starwars aren't we?

You (Magi 877) have brought Rogue one into the discussion, & now seem to be discussing future episodes beyond episode 9 (as in quote "i mean i really do not want to see a Skywalker or C3PO wander into some cantina in THE MANDALORIAN" /quote.
            Who or whatever THE MANDALORIAN is I believe it has its own thread.
            But if we are going off topic Mandorallan was a character in the Belgariad. Now there is a series they should have made into movie.
            so..guessing you are not a Star Wars fan if you don't know what/who a 'mandalorian' is

my bringing in other star wars topics to this was in response to, or to show examples of why I can't wait till ep 9 is released and done

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
              so..guessing you are not a Star Wars fan if you don't know what/who a 'mandalorian' is

my bringing in other star wars topics to this was in response to, or to show examples of why I can't wait till ep 9 is released and done
              Well I have looked up Mandalorian & I must apologise for my ignorance.

I base my answers and comments on the Star Wars movies, not on American TV show spinoffs which we do not seem to get here in Australia.

I have no idea of the future plans of Disney Studios for the Star Wars Movies, but I suppose there could be plans for a Star Wars 10 (or Star Wars X as they like Roman numerals) & even XI, XII, and so on, without the Skywalker family, but including more R2D2 & C3PO. And at one point I think there were discussions of further Star Wars characters getting their own spinoff movies after Hans Solo, and they too could give us Movie fans more droids.

A sudden thought as just occured to me, is it just R2D2 & C3PO you dislike, or is it all droids?)
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Head-desk.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Much as I like Star Wars, Star Trek and such, I simply don't have time to keep up with all of the various incarnations published in the various media. There are simply too many books, cartoon series, and other officially produced productions.

So out of necessity, I pretty much consider what happens on the screen in the movies and major TV series as my definition of canon.

Yes, for example, Grand Admiral Thrawn's antics are entertaining, and there are many other very good books and such from many franchises. But there are simply too many of them to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Much as I like Star Wars, Star Trek and such, I simply don't have time to keep up with all of the various incarnations published in the various media. There are simply too many books, cartoon series, and other officially produced productions.

So out of necessity, I pretty much consider what happens on the screen in the movies and major TV series as my definition of canon.

Yes, for example, Grand Admiral Thrawn's antics are entertaining, and there are many other very good books and such from many franchises. But there are simply too many of them to keep up.
                    Here is the thing.
                    You don't have to "keep up", but what you need to understand is what "your view" of Canon is not actually accurate. This is not a dig in any sense, you know more about engines and cars than I ever will because, that's your thing.
                    My view of an engine is incomplete, much like people who do not watch or read all the accepted canon is incomplete. When "lay people" tell a MECHANIC how to fix a car, the mechanic -rightly- calls them ignorant.
                    Your view of SW is incomplete, in the same way.
                    Do you understand?
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Here is the thing.
                      You don't have to "keep up", but what you need to understand is what "your view" of Canon is not actually accurate. This is not a dig in any sense, you know more about engines and cars than I ever will because, that's your thing.
                      My view of an engine is incomplete, much like people who do not watch or read all the accepted canon is incomplete. When "lay people" tell a MECHANIC how to fix a car, the mechanic -rightly- calls them ignorant.
                      Your view of SW is incomplete, in the same way.
                      Do you understand?
                      Absolutely, and I agree. I'm just saying that for those who can't immerse themselves in a universe, it can all be too confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        Well I have looked up Mandalorian & I must apologise for my ignorance.

I base my answers and comments on the Star Wars movies, not on American TV show spinoffs which we do not seem to get here in Australia.

A sudden thought as just occured to me, is it just R2D2 & C3PO you dislike, or is it all droids?)
                        no, i don't hate all droids.. that would make me what? A "speciesist'?

i guess it is a thing with all major characters; seems the studio just has to put them in, no matter how pointless the appearance (rogue 1) just to try and make sure they have all the 'lures in the water', so to speak

like it is a recipe they are following-- "leave out r2 and c3po!?!?! no way.. do that and the cake won't rise!"

i would just like to see the franchise move on to the new 'promised land'---Skywalker and Palpatine free please

and those shows (Mandalorian) is not out yet. like REBELS and whatever the new animated one is ( i have no interest in it as it is set in the new trilogy timeframe) it will be on a DISNEY streamer. i think the new one for all disney, SW's, MARVEL and FOX (USA) TV is going to be called DISNEY PLUS (??)

If I remember right, GF76 watched REBELS so he would know how t catch all the tv shows in Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Absolutely, and I agree. I'm just saying that for those who can't immerse themselves in a universe, it can all be too confusing.
                          there's a fix for your ailment!!!

wookiepedia

a handy site where no purchase is necessary and where one can find out all the 'in between' stuff that is canon.

so, want to know how the FIRST ORDER got its start but don't have time to read the AFTERMATH trilogy of books? wookiepedia it!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Spe...th+Vader+%2325

I too, do not think it 'necessary' to know all of this stuff, BUT it irks the hell out of me when certain someones (not you ANNOYED but someone on a website far, far away) keeps making statements about DISNEY retcons and other 'changes' and so many 'i want to see how they did that..." or "when did this happen?" kind of questions

you give them the answer then get told your'e making it up or it just never happened cause it was not on film and the tv shows don't count because there were animated

anyhow, i digress.......

Comment

ok, this is connected to ep 9 as we saw it happen in ep 8 and the 'process' may come into play in ep 9

in ep 4 we saw Kenobi disappear when he was fighting Vader. He, we found out later, basically ascended body and soul (hey isn't that like SG 'ascension'?) to become a force ghost

but WHY does a ghost need a body?

Anakin also became a force ghost but his body remained. so, taking your body with you is not a pre-requisite

in EP8 we see Luke disappear as well. BUT he (at his physical location) was not in any imminent threat of death, like Kenobi was with Vader. So why would he be dead?

Or is this a new Jedi/Force wielding power revealed (Like galactic Force presence and Leia's damned silly space walk sans EVA suit)?

on this wookiepedia site, it only explains what a force ghost is nothing about why the body disappears (also, it says that a SIth cannot become a Force ghost and that Anakin 'learned the secret from Kenobi". Ok, when?)

so, might we see TPTB's apply handy monkey wrench to script and have this tech now become available in reverse, for Luke or any other jedi ghost to return with their body (again, why did they need their bodies?)?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_spirit

Comment

also on the new trilogy

why do so many people want to dig on Rey's abilites vs her 'lack of training'?

I'd say her time spent with Luke gave her just as much time as Luke did with Yoda

and, the 'brain burners' out there just cant seem to realize that a person does not need to be force sensitive or a trained sith or jedi to use a light saber. a LS is not magic it is just a weapon,a tool

Rey could have self taught the use of the LS

and while on the topic of feats performed without training--

just how was it that Luke could pilot a INCOM T65 XWING fighter, the equivalent of our F-18 fighter bomber?

in fact, in the anthology novel FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW, Luke is heavily criticized by all of the highly trained rebel pilots, including those who got bumped so he could fly. He wasn't just given a plane, he was put in command of his own squadron!

that would be like a 20 yr old kid, with no training in flight or combat tactics, walking onto a Air Force base and jumping into the seat of a fighter bomber bumping the pilot

"i got this, trust me... i used to shoot squirrels from my all terrain side by side going cross country through the woods back home"

if he could do that without training, then Rey is a master Light Saber duelist.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                                and, the 'brain burners' out there just cant seem to realize that a person does not need to be force sensitive or a trained sith or jedi to use a light saber. a LS is not magic it is just a weapon,a tool
                                Disagree with you here. According to what was introduced in the original movie, currently titled "A New hope", the abilities the force gives a sensitive, one of which we would call preconception, or the ability to sense things around them is what allows a Jedi to wield a lightsaber effectively. Hence Luke's training with the remote with his blast shiled down in the wardroom of the Falocn.

Comment

Working...
                                X