X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ‘teaser’ from D23, released to the public just now:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1165962999720370176

(Will replace with a better link once one’s available)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I gottcha Brother:
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

One thing that caught my attention: that shot of the hundreds (thousands?) of Star Destroyers.

Those aren't First Order Star Destroyers. Those are Imperial Star Destroyers, and not even recent ones.

The First Order Star Destroyers (Resurgent-class) appeared in TFA and TLJ, and look like this.

The ones in this trailer are Imperial-I class Star Destroyers, which we've only seen depicted on screen in Rebels, Rogue One, and ANH. By the time of ESB/ROTJ, they had been phased out in favour of the Imperial-II class (note the different comm arrays atop the bridge tower - you can clearly see the -I type comm towers in this new TRoS teaser).

And with the TFA/TLJ being set 34 years post-ANH....why on Earth is a fleet of 40+ year old warships appearing here? Something to do with Palpatine's return? Maybe something to do with the Contingency/Operation Cinder?

I can't wait to find out!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm thinking Thrawn.
          He has the capability, and the knowledge to do it.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            One thing that caught my attention: that shot of the hundreds (thousands?) of Star Destroyers.

Those aren't First Order Star Destroyers. Those are Imperial Star Destroyers, and not even recent ones.

The First Order Star Destroyers (Resurgent-class) appeared in TFA and TLJ, and look like this.

The ones in this trailer are Imperial-I class Star Destroyers, which we've only seen depicted on screen in Rebels, Rogue One, and ANH. By the time of ESB/ROTJ, they had been phased out in favour of the Imperial-II class (note the different comm arrays atop the bridge tower - you can clearly see the -I type comm towers in this new TRoS teaser).

And with the TFA/TLJ being set 34 years post-ANH....why on Earth is a fleet of 40+ year old warships appearing here? Something to do with Palpatine's return? Maybe something to do with the Contingency/Operation Cinder?

I can't wait to find out!
            Based on how the scene is shot and how they're shrouded I'm not a hundred percent sure that isn't some sort of dark side vision.

However. That being said. If Palpatine did have a contingency plan if the Empire ever fell he may well have hidden a fleet somewhere.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              However. That being said. If Palpatine did have a contingency plan if the Empire ever fell he may well have hidden a fleet somewhere.
              if so why didn't he reclaim his throne from Snoke all these years (or conversely why didn't Snoke ever challenge Sidious for control of the empire)

Comment

btw I sort of like the idea of a dark C3PO (initially the big villain was supposed to be Jar Jar as some sort of counterpart to Yoda but Lucas backtracked on this)

he'd have to be renamed darth K4PO ('kapo' hehe)

Comment

Darth Jar Jar was never a thing, that was just internet stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Darth Jar Jar was never a thing, that was just internet stupidity
                    Lucas must be incredibly stupid then *_*

(though there was internet stupidity so much that Lucas changed his mind apparently)

Comment

Lucas has done a lot of dumb things, but that wasn't one of them. Darth Jar Jar was not a Lucas thing.

Comment

"Jar Jar Binks is the key" ~ Lucas
                        what key could he have been talking about - the key to making good comic relief? the key to our hearts? the car keys?

also the fact Lucas tended to be rather pugnacious in the face of Jar Jar haters lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          if so why didn't he reclaim his throne from Snoke all these years (or conversely why didn't Snoke ever challenge Sidious for control of the empire)
                          Maybe to allow his enemies and rivals (rebels and other imperials/ crime syndicate) to wear each other down?

i am just hoping there is no time travel in any shape or form

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            I'm thinking Thrawn.
                            He has the capability, and the knowledge to do it.
                            could be. and if it is, has he corrupted Ezra over the years?

last we saw either of them, they were both on the same ship being dragged through hyperspace to who knows where

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                              Maybe to allow his enemies and rivals (rebels and other imperials/ crime syndicate) to wear each other down?

i am just hoping there is no time travel in any shape or form
                              time travel dont sound like a Star Wars thing

if there is time travel it'd have to be in a very specific context & the result of a unique set of circumstances (not something that can be replicated any time by any conceivable science)

like a phenomenon made possible by a "force storm" or something

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                "Jar Jar Binks is the key" ~ Lucas
                                what key could he have been talking about - the key to making good comic relief? the key to our hearts? the car keys?

also the fact Lucas tended to be rather pugnacious in the face of Jar Jar haters lol
                                The full quote is "Jar Jar's the key to all this, if we get Jar Jar working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the movies," and it's from roughly 1997-99, during the production of The Phantom Menace.

So, your grand behind-the-scenes theory is that....over 20 years ago, they were making a character they weren't even sure would work technically (first fully-CGI character), weren't sure would land comically, for a movie they had no idea how it would be received, at the start of a prequel trilogy of films they had no idea how long would take them to make....so that said character could become a villain in a sequel trilogy of movies that George was vocally adamant about never ever being made? Okay then.

I suppose the saucer people and the reverse vampires are also in on the conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X