Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When that trailer drops at celkebration; I do not plan to see it. I will do as I did with the other films and stay spoiler free as much as possible. and with JJA at the helm it will be a good movie and will hopefully fix what TLJ broke

I take it we still do not have the title ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

We do not.

I expect that to be the climactic moment of the trailer--serious dialogue over black screen (probably Leia), scene, scene, scene, scenescenescenescene with music build, pause on dramatic shot of one character (probably Rey), TITLE CARD, Christmas 2019.
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 26 March 2019, 04:01 AM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

TRAILER!!

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok... I’m excited now.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Strange title, but looks good!

You were kinda right with your guess Digi haha, is it celebration already?
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 12 April 2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Strange title, but looks good!

You were kinda right with your guess Digi haha, is it celebration already?
              It is indeed! Today was the first full day of Celebration, and the Episode IX panel was the big event. I may or may not have watched the 1+ hour livestream here at work....

Comment

So, question is... its in the trailer but Ill tag it anyway

Spoiler:
                Is that Palpatine at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  So, question is... its in the trailer but Ill tag it anyway

Spoiler:
                  Is that Palpatine at the end?
                  Yes it is.
                  Spoiler:
                  They ended the panel with saying they'd go to the teaser. It played, and then the cackle at the end....and then the stage lights came back up again and Ian McDiarmid walked out onto the now-empty stage. In his Sidious voice, he goes "roll it...again," and they played the trailer a second time, and then that was the real end of the panel.

Comment

Interesting... was great to see Lando again too!

Comment

I'll spoiler tag it

Spoiler:
                      OH MY GOSH IAN!!!! I loved him in Revenge of the Sith, its so amazing to see how the cl.one wars had started, and how he acted as TWO guys at once, on oine side hes the reluctulant leader taking on all this mess, on the other he's the bad guy moving the pieces for the ultimate goal

I think he's still pulling the strings. Honestly I'm happy to see him back! I now have something to look forwards to this christmas!

On another note I now thing Last Jedi can be unstickied and this thread be sticked

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Sorry guys, but this is bad. Really bad. I can't believe this franchise ended up like this. "Only" desert, then a dark world... No alien landscape, weird new races or ecosystem. Nothing special or amazing, just a "normal" scifi movie.

What Skywalker are they talking about? Will there be a family connection between Rey and Luke? Luke hasn't got a child (officially), while Han's son is called Ben Solo before he turned into Kylo Ren. So no Skywalker exists anymore.

The only good is the Wadi Rum. I have been there 3-4 weeks ago and the tour guide said they have shot the Episode IX there.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Sorry guys, but this is bad. Really bad. I can't believe this franchise ended up like this. "Only" desert, then a dark world... No alien landscape, weird new races or ecosystem. Nothing special or amazing, just a "normal" scifi movie.
                          Sorry Platschu, not saying you're wrong cos obviously it's your opinion and what you get out of SW, but that just kinda seems a little strange to me... I mean if we're talking Environments in Star Wars I almost exclusively think of sand worlds and jingle planets closely followed by spaceship interiors. And other than Yoda and Chewie my mind doesn't really jump to aliens except for those that serve as background filling.

What Skywalker are they talking about? Will there be a family connection between Rey and Luke? Luke hasn't got a child (officially), while Han's son is called Ben Solo before he turned into Kylo Ren. So no Skywalker exists anymore.
                          My theory is that either
                          Spoiler:
                          Ben will either retake the Skywalker name after he discovers that he is being manipulated somehow OR Rey, since she has no last name, will take it up as being the last of Luke's legacy, perhaps after finding out that she was another ejaculate conception like Anakin.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

The only good is the Wadi Rum. I have been there 3-4 weeks ago and the tour guide said they have shot the Episode IX there.
                            I'm not saying you're dead wrong, but...you're dead wrong.

This is a first teaser. It's meant for hype, not to tell you the plot or give you every last detail. That's what the actual movie is for

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              My theory is that either
                              Spoiler:
                              Ben will either retake the Skywalker name after he discovers that he is being manipulated somehow OR Rey, since she has no last name, will take it up as being the last of Luke's legacy, perhaps after finding out that she was another ejaculate conception like Anakin.
                              Yes...that's generally how it works....

(Excuse me while I die laughing at the greatest Freudian slip I've seen in 15 years on GW )

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                My theory is that either
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X