X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    time travel dont sound like a Star Wars thing

if there is time travel it'd have to be in a very specific context & the result of a unique set of circumstances (not something that can be replicated any time by any conceivable science)

like a phenomenon made possible by a rare "force storm" or something
    There was the "world between worlds" in Rebels that one might kind of view as a sort of time traveling....but then, as you say, that was a very unique set of circumstances which couldn't be replicated again by any conceivable (SW) science.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      The full quote is "Jar Jar's the key to all this, if we get Jar Jar working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the movies," and it's from roughly 1997-99, during the production of The Phantom Menace.

So, your grand behind-the-scenes theory is that....over 20 years ago, they were making a character they weren't even sure would work technically (first fully-CGI character), weren't sure would land comically, for a movie they had no idea how it would be received, at the start of a prequel trilogy of films they had no idea how long would take them to make....so that said character could become a villain in a sequel trilogy of movies that George was vocally adamant about never ever being made? Okay then.

I suppose the saucer people and the reverse vampires are also in on the conspiracy.
      good so you're saying Lucas' idea basically failed (it did but then given the backlash did he have a choice? I for one found Jar Jar moderately entertaining but not annoying either)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        good so you're saying Lucas' idea basically failed (it did but then given the backlash did he have a choice? I for one found Jar Jar moderately entertaining but not annoying either)
        "Lucas's idea" was to make a funny CGI character for the film he was making at the time, Episode I. Whether that succeeded or failed is a matter of taste.

'Darth Jar Jar' is a stupid internet thing that took off in 2015, which was never George Lucas's idea or intent.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"Lucas's idea" was to make a funny CGI character for the film he was making at the time, Episode I. Whether that succeeded or failed is a matter of taste.

'Darth Jar Jar' is a stupid internet thing that took off in 2015, which was never George Lucas's idea or intent.
          so all his talk of a key was just for that '_' mucho underwhelming (but maybe he always was the eccentric sort of chap even before old age set in)

Comment

One thing that caught my attention: that shot of the hundreds (thousands?) of Star Destroyers.

Those aren't First Order Star Destroyers. Those are Imperial Star Destroyers, and not even recent ones.

The First Order Star Destroyers (Resurgent-class) appeared in TFA and TLJ, and look like this.

The ones in this trailer are Imperial-I class Star Destroyers, which we've only seen depicted on screen in Rebels, Rogue One, and ANH. By the time of ESB/ROTJ, they had been phased out in favour of the Imperial-II class (note the different comm arrays atop the bridge tower - you can clearly see the -I type comm towers in this new TRoS teaser).

And with the TFA/TLJ being set 34 years post-ANH....why on Earth is a fleet of 40+ year old warships appearing here? Something to do with Palpatine's return? Maybe something to do with the Contingency/Operation Cinder?

I can't wait to find out!
            it probably does have something to do with the empire's contingency ops and establishing a presence/last bastion in the unknown regions. of which, it would of had to be a generational mission-at least one generation, yes?

but

in ep 8 when Leia said they were headed to the outer rim to find some possible allies, it is possible it could be the Mandalorians.. as in official military of, not bounty hunters

the empire did have a presence there when mandalore was still loyal to the empire (seen in rebels), could be possible that they kept and maintained whatever ships were left there when they became independent

but then, i guess JJ can just make them be whoever he wants them to be

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            and the 'dark Rey' with the double sided sabre? any thoughts on whether this is 'real' or a force vision/dream?

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
              it probably does have something to do with the empire's contingency ops and establishing a presence/last bastion in the unknown regions. of which, it would of had to be a generational mission-at least one generation, yes?

but

in ep 8 when Leia said they were headed to the outer rim to find some possible allies, it is possible it could be the Mandalorians.. as in official military of, not bounty hunters

the empire did have a presence there when mandalore was still loyal to the empire (seen in rebels), could be possible that they kept and maintained whatever ships were left there when they became independent

but then, i guess JJ can just make them be whoever he wants them to be

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              and the 'dark Rey' with the double sided sabre? any thoughts on whether this is 'real' or a force vision/dream?
              I admit it would be cool to see some other force than Imperials using ISD.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                I admit it would be cool to see some other force than Imperials using ISD.
                according to this 'leak' those ships are full of red

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-theories-date

Comment

FINAL TRAILER

Last edited by DigiFluid; 21 October 2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Ok... Feeling the hype now.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

A handful of thoughts....

- I bet that was meant to be Leia's (or possibly Luke's) Endor helmet at the beginning
                      - three films in and Rey and Ren's lightsaber fighting still looks awkward
                      - more Palps and I still can't figure out how he fits into this
                      - ooo the Star Destroyer rising up out of the ice/water!
                      - holy crap, the Ghost is in that giant fleet shot!
                      - Mark starting--and Carrie finishing--"the Force will be with you, always" -- ow, my heart

Comment

The Ghost? Where? I don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                          The Ghost? Where? I don't see it.
                          Right at the beginning, leading the fleet till the Falcon swoops in

D41C88DC-122E-41A2-9DF7-07D2087ECAFF.jpg

Comment

1:00?
                            Right side of the screen?

Comment

I mean, I attached a screenshot where I circled it in lime green, not sure what else you want from me
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 22 October 2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Booked my tickets

Comment

Working...
                                X