Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Unfortunately,
    Spoiler:
    that's the only crossover we got.

I don't know the ones from TCW, but the only Jedi voices I recognized were Luke, Yoda and Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    Unfortunately,
    Spoiler:
    that's the only crossover we got.

I don't know the ones from TCW, but the only Jedi voices I recognized were Luke, Yoda and Anakin.
    Spoiler:
    It's not often that crossovers flow 'up' from TV to movies. I mean heck, prior to this the only TV-to-movie SW crossover we had were splitsecond cameos of Chopper and the Ghost in Rogue One.

Oh and I suppose Boba Fett technically debuted in the Holiday Special, but it's best if we all just agree that the Holiday Special never happened
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I never noticed the Ghost on Rogue one.

I believe there's an aerial shot looking down at the parked Rebel ships on Yavin where part of it is visible, but it's most noticeable just as the Rebel fleet is arriving at Scarif:

https://i.imgur.com/Y4mk6kC.png
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I would never have noticed it even if I'd watched the movie a million times.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Spoiler:
    Oh and I suppose Boba Fett technically debuted in the Holiday Special, but it's best if we all just agree that the Holiday Special never happened
    That never happened. I made thje mistake of looking it up and holy heck the CGI is terrible

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

...CGI? That wasn't a thing in 1978

...CGI? That wasn't a thing in 1978
    That explains why it was so terrible

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Interesting bit of trivia to come out of the TROS Visual Dictionary: the planet that housed/was Starkiller Base in TFA was actually Ilum--the location of the Jedi temple with all the kyber crystals in it, which was visited in the Younglings arc of The Clone Wars, and then again in Jedi Fallen Order.

The idea, apparently, is that the kyber crystals that make up the planet's core were the magnifying element through which solar radiation/material was filtered, turning it into a planet-killing death ray.

Like the
    Spoiler:
    ships on Exagol that destroy planets?

Interesting bit of trivia to come out of the TROS Visual Dictionary: the planet that housed/was Starkiller Base in TFA was actually Ilum--the location of the Jedi temple with all the kyber crystals in it, which was visited in the Younglings arc of The Clone Wars, and then again in Jedi Fallen Order.

The idea, apparently, is that the kyber crystals that make up the planet's core were the magnifying element through which solar radiation/material was filtered, turning it into a planet-killing death ray.
    Aren't Kyber crystals an integral part of making a lightsaber work also? I think I recall reading such in some of the books.. The Jedi Academy series?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Aren't Kyber crystals an integral part of making a lightsaber work also? I think I recall reading such in some of the books.. The Jedi Academy series?
    Correct. The pre-2014 books may not count in the new regime, but that function of the crystals has been carried over into nuCanon, eg: the Younglings arc of the CGI Clone Wars series, them being described in Rogue One as powering lightsabers, etc. The kyber crystals are the focusing element, whatever energy the mechanism in the hilt generates is fired into the crystal and the blade comes out the other side.

Somehow or another, the Empire found a way to modify that so a destructive energy beam came out the other side and could be used to destroy planets (Rogue One, the Death Star). Now it seems, according to the new TROS Visual Dictionary, apparently the First Order skipped mining and putting them into a constructed space station and just turned a whole damn planet into the focusing lens.

It cant be possible because Ilum was always barren lifeless frozen rock like Hoth, only with less if any daylight. So why was there trees ?

Ah well, I am now at the "Believe what is canon as you will" stage, the new stuff is good yes, but I like the original stuff just as well if not better

Cant please everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    It cant be possible because Ilum was always barren lifeless frozen rock like Hoth, only with less if any daylight. So why was there trees ?
    The only part of the planet surface we've seen in any media (prior to TFA) has been the area in walking distance of the Jedi temple there. Despite what [pretty much every other film in the series] would have you believe, it's just not believable that there's a single climate/ecology on an entire planet.

The only part of the planet surface we've seen in any media (prior to TFA) has been the area in walking distance of the Jedi temple there. Despite what [pretty much every other film in the series] would have you believe, it's just not believable that there's a single climate/ecology on an entire planet.
    Well, I am always at the point now of "Believe what you want" which again everyone can do if they want to do so. So for me, I believe that Starkiller Base was a failed project using a moon. I like Ilum to just be roped off from the public and/or entirely lost to hyperspace routes, thanks to Palpatine when he became Emperor.

But that's just me, you dont have to believe what I believe as canon, that's what so great about Star Wars!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112