Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"GATEWAY - A Salute To Stargate" - Chicago, June 21-23 2019..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I went to the Chicago area Stargate convention was in 2009 when it was held at the Wyndham O'Hare(now Hyatt Place O'Hare) off Mannheim Rd. Airlines passed right over the hotel. I took a picture of one on approach to landing from my hotel window. Don't know why it was moved to the Westin but my guess there were complaints.

Comment

Last edited by Zylek; 26 June 2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Did consider going to this con, I had a great time when I went in 2014. It was an adventure as I hadn't been to any Stargate conventions outside Vancouver. So venturing out on my own to Chicago was really getting out of my comfort zone.

Unfortunately the cost of the tickets, flights from Vancouver which are ridiculously expensive and having to book a hotel room was just too much.

I hope you all have fun and I look forward to reading about your experiences.

Comment

Krisz, I feel the same way. I haven't travelled in more than 20 years, so heading to Chicago alone is seriously outside my comfort zone and yes, it's costing a pretty penny, but I have the money saved up and this is something I wanted to try. I'm just hoping to meet some fella fans that I can hang out and chat with during the trip.

Comment

Last edited by Zylek; 26 June 2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hi, everyone. I'm newly registered to this forum after being a viewer for some time.
              I have tickets to the upcoming convention in Chicago that I would like to sell. I have 2 tickets for Saturday, general admission, and 2 tickets for Sunday, general admission. I also have reservations at the Westin at the convention rate for one room that can possibly be transferred. Of course I can cancel the hotel reservation, but the tickets are nonrefundable. I paid $400 total, and would like to get $300 for the tickets. You may email me directly (presuming it's okay for me to list my email here) at: [email protected].

Comment

Feel free to make me an offer on the tickets. Also, they are fully transferrable, and, I will be happy to sell them through StubHub so that you have their purchase protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyper View Post
                  Krisz, I feel the same way. I haven't travelled in more than 20 years, so heading to Chicago alone is seriously outside my comfort zone and yes, it's costing a pretty penny, but I have the money saved up and this is something I wanted to try. I'm just hoping to meet some fella fans that I can hang out and chat with during the trip.
                  How did it go? I hope you had a great time and I'm sure you met a load of great people, fellow Stargate fans are the best, always friendly and welcoming.

Comment

Working...
                  X