Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character would you move to a new SG spin-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. An AU Atlantis would be interesting for an SG:A movie adventure or maybe for a new Atlantis season, but a new SG spin off needs something bigger and fresher. Like discovering a new stargate network, new major gate related technologies or maybe to meet some new allies and enemies. As much as I loved the Atlantis what else have left in the Pegasus galaxy to discover? They slightly hinted that maybe there are some other intelligent alien races who were hiding so far, maybe those could shake up things within the galaxy whether they will support the Wraith or the Humans in the escalated conflict. I still believe we haven't seen enough of the Wraith culture. It could have been nice to give proper names to the different tribes or fractions, maybe to introduce different motivations, cultural differencies, selective evolutionary ways, but I know such things could work in a book or in a game, but there was not enough screen time for such things. By the way Michael killed a horrible amount of people. How could we change a villain into a believable protagonist? Because it would be hard even for Todd, but Michael was a "necromancer", so he definately made lots of bad experiments even if his motivations or intentions were good in the beginning.
    Last edited by Platschu; 01 July 2018, 02:08 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

But that is what alternate universes, timlines are for, you can change things, just to try out if people might like them better than what you have given them before
      Like when you don't like Daniel left SG1 then you can have an alternate reality where he does not, you hate that Carson dies, you do not let him die in the other reality...and so on

Also for a possible spin off, would be a thought to make a kind of crossovers of SG1, SGA and SGU and add some new components to it, having the best liked characters of all three shows in one

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
        I'm surprised no one mentioned Jennifer Hailey. I quite liked her.
        I always liked her character, too, and wished she would make another appearance in the show. She's appeared several times in some of the official Stargate novels, though, so that helps.
        Last edited by hedwig; 16 August 2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

there are many but the ones that come to mind are:
          Tommin-returns to his new life in his now post-Ori galaxy
          Jacob-life out in the galaxy as a Tok'Ra, on missions etc
          Egeria-developing her beliefs, starting a rebellion against Ra
          Janus-building his time machine for a 2nd time on Earth
          the unnamed Alteran who invented the gate(in Ark of Truth)
          Sara and Stephen Young-some of the first children born on Novus
          Hermiod-separated far from his species on assignment on the human ship Deadalus; spare time in Atlantis he checks the Ancient database for knowledge to help the Asgard fix the procreation issue.
          Chaka-leading the uprising of Unas; meeting the Unas from multiple planets

Comment

Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
            Chaka-leading the uprising of Unas; meeting the Unas from multiple planets
            You. I like you.

I really would love to see more of Rush, he was my favorite character. Such a narcissist character, a bit of a sociopath and a magnificent bastard.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

There would be so much options for Origins stories as well...

Stargate : Origins - Aiyana

A little story what happened with the Ancient outpost in the south pole and how it was lost for humanity.
              http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ayiana

Stargate : Origins - Omoroca
              What happened with her and her race in the ancient Babylon. What if Belos was Baal? Then his exhost could lead us into a new adventure.

Stargate : Origins - Ra
              How the Goa'uld raised up from the planet of Unas.

Stargate : Origins - Lya
              A Nox centric adventure about the past of the Four Great Alliance

Stargate : Origins - Icarus
              How dr. Rush found the 9 chevron address.

Stargate : Origins - Quetzalquatl
              A story about a Chrystal skull / arm / treasure in the Pegaus galaxy.

Stargate : Origins - Iratus
              A Pegasus galaxy story about the creation of the first Wraith from a lost Ancient expedition

Stargate : Origins - Vanir
              An Asgard story about the Vanir-Asgard conflict.

Stargate : Origins - Midway
              The return of the expedition to the Pegasus galaxy.

And a little 5mins fan fiction:
              The Unas as a race could be "upgraded" if they could introduce a smaller Goa'uld or ex-System Lord, who still has got a Unas host or all his/her Guards are Unas as well. Plot twist would be that they know about their master that he/she is not a god, but they could learn so much from him/her and he was willing to educate them as their leader. This way we could introduce a smaller galactic empire where everyone is Unas. They could learn how to fly spaceships and how to build their own technology or culture and they would even learn how to communicate with other alien races. And it could be interesting what would happen if this "civilized" Unas would meet with the "barbaric" Unas group. Would they merge into a big Unas tribe? And how the world would treat the Unas after they can not be slaved anymore? etc.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'd say that, if there was to be a new Stargate series, the only plausible way to include any of the original cast would be in a role akin to General Hammond's, or Catherine Langford's. Sam, for example, could be featured as a General in command of the SGC, or Daniel could have a role as an advisor.

I think that the lead characters would need to be new to the franchise.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

If there is a new Stargate series I just hope they won't have the Wraith, the Ori, the Replicators or Ancient ones, and that can devise a new way of telling the story in a moderately realistic way. The Gou'ld were enough of a bizarre alien "race." Ripples in time, time warps are great stuff. Parallel universes are fine. But I am sure they won't ask me when they do it. SGI could have ended well in the 7th or 8th season, and we could have done well without Universe altogether. Atlantis?? So-so as a possibility.

Comment

As far as the Asgard are concerned, I wasn't crazy about that story line, but it would pass in a new series.

Comment

FURLINGS

well someone had to say it

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                        As far as the Asgard are concerned, I wasn't crazy about that story line, but it would pass in a new series.
                        I want a Thor action figure. Anybody know if there is one?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          And a little 5mins fan fiction:
                          The Unas as a race could be "upgraded" if they could introduce a smaller Goa'uld or ex-System Lord, who still has got a Unas host or all his/her Guards are Unas as well. Plot twist would be that they know about their master that he/she is not a god, but they could learn so much from him/her and he was willing to educate them as their leader. This way we could introduce a smaller galactic empire where everyone is Unas. They could learn how to fly spaceships and how to build their own technology or culture and they would even learn how to communicate with other alien races. And it could be interesting what would happen if this "civilized" Unas would meet with the "barbaric" Unas group. Would they merge into a big Unas tribe? And how the world would treat the Unas after they can not be slaved anymore? etc.
                          They don't even need to limit themselves to the Unas. When the first one was introduced back in "Thor's Hammer," Teal'c explained that there were a number of races older than humans who had served as hosts for the Goa'uld. Returning to not just one, but a diverse line-up of past and new alien hosts could revitalize the Goa'uld as an enemy. If the lesser Goa'uld are capable of banding together and creating a hierarchy where the majority of their population agrees to serve as warriors (this has traditionally been a problem for the Goa'uld because their genetic memory makes them all think they are equals and thus they had been severely limiting their own population to prevent insurrections), they can be a real threat again. And if producers take advantage of new technology and a hopefully bigger budget, they can substitute the varied mythological hook with having Goa'uld inhabit vastly different aliens with their own unique abilities.

Comment

Honestly the Goa'uld had a good run in SG-1, but a new spinoff would need new enemies. But it would be nice to keep the Goa'uld as "secondary" enemies. There would be so many options to introduce new races through them or maybe in Origins stories etc. The SG lore is quite rich, but we can always find new hidding alien allies or enemies. Even new gate networks, new gate protocolls, new discoveries could shake up this franchise.

Comment

Well, by taking advantage of new innovations and a penchant for giving programs like this higher budgets, the Goa'uld could be reinvented as a new enemy. There would be a level of familiarity, but if they're running around in many different alien bodies with different capabilities and their power structure has changed, it would be a very different Goa'uld.

Having a new enemy just to say it's new, when the Goa'uld have potential to morph into something fresh isn't necessarily the best approach.

Comment

I have always been a Goa'uld fan as they could introduce so many different aspect of Earth based cultures. I love the Erich van Daniken books, so the Stargate always reminded me to a possible alternate past. That is the reason I have felt in love with this show a long time ago.

The Wraith was okay, but I have never felt the same excited state when they told that they will announce a new Goa'uld every season. Even if the Wraith had different tattoos, I always considered them as Wraith hive 1, Wraith hive 2 etc. They have not even named the tribes or something. They could have been a more exciting enemy, if the Wraith could have fallen into different nations or fractions which have got a galaxy wide war with each other for food. Then we could learn more about their philosophy, their origins etc.

And there would be so much more mythology related creature which could be introduced as "aliens" in Stargate. If you check my "Milky way 2020" thread in the fan fiction section, I have tried to brainstorm a few ideas there.

Comment

Working...
                                X