Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Which character would you move to a new SG spin-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Az'ryel View Post
    Oh yes, exactly that needs to me made, can someone draw a comic book based on this idea please, I totally love it
    Seeing the Lanteans as hybrids would be fun, even if Jennifer looks suspiciously like Ellia. Todd was mentioned several times in here, but Michael would be a more complex shipmate because the he and the Lanteans would have to live with one another after each altered the other without their permission. Also, Michael has the experience of having lived as a Lantean and could better translate to his new crew what is happening with their new abilities.

Also, yes, someone else feel free to do comics, fanfics, etc. because I certainly don't have a flow for making comic books.
    Last edited by WraithTech; June 30th, 2018 at 08:46 AM.

Yes I agree it would be so interesting to see how Michael, or the others too find ways to put aside their former problems and work together. Michael is such an interesting character that's why I say I would love to see him back

Center Back

Without taking the actors into account? (A lot of them have moved on probably!)

Hm...Ok, here we go:

- Samantha Carter (What can I say? I just like Sam! Damned, I had a crush on her when I was younger, not to mention that a non-whiny, competent woman who probably doesn't like feminism (she made it on her own merrits, so she IMHO would not want it to cheapen her accomplishments!) and isn't into handbags, shoes etc. and would rather do research or ride her motorcycle than go to clubs etc.? Damned, sign me up!)

- Daniel Jackson (Come on, Daniel is everywhere in Stargate and he would probably have loved to go to Atlantis if there wouldn't have been all sorts of things happening in the Milkyway! Frankly the only series where he would have been next to useless is SGU because there's no mythology involved with Destiny, not to mention that most people on board can read ancient it seems!)

- Cadet Halley (spelling? - Well, she's kind of Mini-Sam, so yeah!)

- Clone Jack (can't get RDA and a 60+ year old General going offworld? Come on, probably not...unless they dig out the Dargol (that drug that makes you younger and deletes your memory - till you are given the counter-drug for that!) and then we could go with the clone in the first place)

- Maybourne (would like the show to do what the SGC never did: Have their own intelligence department! Without the Goa'uld out there you can't "outsource" that to the Tok'ra anymore and they can now build ships, so why not make some sort of Asgard-Alkesh (better then the Goa'uld version in every possible way!) and use that as a spy-craft?)

- Major Davis (contact to the Pentagon and not a totall douchebag)

- Colonel Cameron Mitchel (think he got shafted with 2 Seasons and having to kind of be O'Neill 2.0 -.-)

- Cassy (maybe not as the new doctor - I kind of think Cassy looks up to Sam more, especially after Janet was killed - but as a soldier!)

- ...will have to think some more

As for the setting? Sam's ship (or even better: A new ship with her running it! Sorry, but I don't like the Daedalus-Class all that much, they are underpowered IMHO (that's why a ZPM improves performance of all installed systems, because everything else makes no sense! More power only helps if your systems aren't getting all the power they need!), that overhang (over the hangars!) looks stupid (seriously, why does that exist? It serves no purpose!) and I absolutely hate the exposed bridge! Why would you build it like that? The bridge should be in the center of the ship, protected!)...or: That second City-Ship (I can't see the Atlantis guys not returning for it to either use as a new base (if Atlantis is not going back!) or to fix it up and use it otherwise (it is WASTED lying on that planet and used by primitives! Damned, give them prefab-structures in return for the ship!))

With the setting being a ship you can also have stuff be in Pegasus, the Milkyway etc. without changing the crew (just tell us where the ship is ATM at the start of the episode!)

greetings LAX

ps: No Michael, please! That slime should be dead IMHO - Sadly the Atlantis team had too much of a conscience not to wipe out the turned Wraith )
    Last edited by Laxian of Earth; June 30th, 2018 at 10:37 AM.

I have written down a few story, character and technology idea here :
    https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...galaxy-in-2020

I believe Michael had an epic end. Just think logically, not as a Wraith fan. Even if we could bring him back with a magic saving then how would you write him out again? I mean he had controlled Atlantis, he almost managed to kill the team. So he clearly reached the peak of his "lifecycle".

Honestly I could have imagined him as a genious mastermind, who turns everyone against the expedition in the galaxy. I loved the idea to have his little pets, but the episode was accepted by the fans so badly, that they have never returned to them. He could have been the first Hive King and controll the Iratus bugs or any other animal species (like the Zerg from StarCraft). They could have told an interesting Todd vs. Michael Wraith civil war setting, where we could have learnt much more about the Wraith and their politics and long term plans etc.

So as much as I liked Michael, he was maxed out. The only reason I was sad that he was written out in the middle of the season as I would have kept him as a main antagonist for the end of the season finale what should have been 2-3 episodes long. Imho.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
    - Samantha Carter [...] probably doesn't like feminism
    Depends what you mean by feminism. Each generation has its own definitions and there are so-called waves. She did have lines, such as "I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle."

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Just think logically, not as a Wraith fan.
    Joe Mallozzi wasn't thinking logically when outlining season 6 and having Michael reappear?

Also, no need to insult other fans based on which characters they like. How is sharing one of Joe's blogs and offering a spin-off idea from it, which is on topic, evidence of thinking illogically? Additionally, my favorite Wraith character is likely at odds with Michael, so I am trying to see all character sides and find joy in other people sharing their fandom favorites.

Other Stargate fans may not want to see Michael back, but that is an opinion, not a reason to insult anyone. Love Michael or hate him, Joe, as a writer, knows how to create characters who stay on peoples' minds.

Center Back

Second wave is peachy (I agree with them, except for radical members!), third wave is not (that's the current female supremacy movement and I bet that Sam doesn't like that one bit and she is probably also not in favor of women's quotas because frankly they cheapen achievement (if you are just the quota ***** and are just at the table because of the quota, not because you are qualified? Yeah, no I don't think Sam would want that!))

greetings LAX

"Logically"... I have meant as a writer not as a fan. You take everthing too seriously. I also continued how I would have used Michael in season 5 as his role was too short. Joe was teasing the fans, but "what if" scenarios are not equal to real seasons. I doubt that they have brought him back from the fall. An AU Michael would have been different.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

"Logically"... I have meant as a writer not as a fan. You take everthing too seriously. I also continued how I would have used Michael in season 5 as his role was too short. Joe was teasing the fans, but "what if" scenarios are not equal to real seasons. I doubt that they have brought him back from the fall. An AU Michael would have been different.
    I accept your word you meant this version, but retain my right to react to posts and to have my own speculations about if Joe was teasing or not or what writers should do with Michael. We have our differing opinions.

Full Back

Another thing: What if season 6 panned out as the writers imagined it, but used the AU Atlantis storyline to conclude a long-running storyline from previous seasons? Like re-visiting some episodes in early seasons or take a character and a certain long-running plot from previous seasons, end S6 with an AU Atlantis two-parter and have the last scene of season 6 MacKay or Zelenka figure something out - that something or someone needs to be taken care of in our (i.e. main) universe? After the relevation of that fact, fade out straight to a "TO BE CONTINUED" sign than then BOOM - the AU Atlantis is re-visited a couple of times in S7 and the last two episodes (7x19 and 7x20) become the series finale.

OR

The AU Atlantis idea is not made into a full season, the S6 finale becomes the series finale and future SGA movies deal with the AU Atlantis expedition team, lead by Michael.

I like the first idea better. Atlantis definitely deserved two more seasons at least!

Though those what if scenarios give the greatest material to work on spin offs, just let it be another reality and we might even see characters who in one reality have been enemies be friends in the new one, people who died live and the other way around

Ronon could be back to be a leader of an Atlantis team that has Wraiths and humans in it or such things, have Jack back to be in charge of Atlantis and Janet and Carson are the doctors there

Well. An AU Atlantis would be interesting for an SG:A movie adventure or maybe for a new Atlantis season, but a new SG spin off needs something bigger and fresher. Like discovering a new stargate network, new major gate related technologies or maybe to meet some new allies and enemies. As much as I loved the Atlantis what else have left in the Pegasus galaxy to discover? They slightly hinted that maybe there are some other intelligent alien races who were hiding so far, maybe those could shake up things within the galaxy whether they will support the Wraith or the Humans in the escalated conflict. I still believe we haven't seen enough of the Wraith culture. It could have been nice to give proper names to the different tribes or fractions, maybe to introduce different motivations, cultural differencies, selective evolutionary ways, but I know such things could work in a book or in a game, but there was not enough screen time for such things. By the way Michael killed a horrible amount of people. How could we change a villain into a believable protagonist? Because it would be hard even for Todd, but Michael was a "necromancer", so he definately made lots of bad experiments even if his motivations or intentions were good in the beginning.
    Last edited by Platschu; July 1st, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

But that is what alternate universes, timlines are for, you can change things, just to try out if people might like them better than what you have given them before
    Like when you don't like Daniel left SG1 then you can have an alternate reality where he does not, you hate that Carson dies, you do not let him die in the other reality...and so on

Also for a possible spin off, would be a thought to make a kind of crossovers of SG1, SGA and SGU and add some new components to it, having the best liked characters of all three shows in one

Quote Originally Posted by StargateMillennium View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Jennifer Hailey. I quite liked her.
    I always liked he character, too, and wished she would make another appearance in the show. She's appeared several times in some of the official Stargate novels, though, so that helps.