Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character would you move to a new SG spin-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which character would you move to a new SG spin-off?

Just a theoretical question: Which formerly known or established SG character would you cross-over to a new SG movie or spinoff? Why? What could we learn about that character what we haven't known before? What would his/her main attributes in team dynamic?

My votes :

1. Cassandra Fraiser - the adoptive daughter of dr. Fraiser. They could recast the character and then they could introduce any profession now as she must be around 25-30 years old now. She could be a direct connection to Sam Carter and the rest of SG-1. My only regrets are that she has lost her family and her planet, the Hanka was destroyed. So if anyone wants to write stories about her family then it would be rather Earth related.

2. Todd - I love this Wraith character, just I am not so sure if his character could work in a new spinoff, where would be new enemies. Because we could learn new things about the Wraith through him, but if the Wraith wouldn't play any role in a new spinoff, then he would be only just an exotic alien in the show.

3. Jonas Quinn - He still has got lots of potential, if Corin Nemec would like to return. Maybe he has established a family and he started a political character, so maybe his role could be changed because of the changed family status of Jonas.

4. Eli - Most of the fans still would like to see him.

So anyway what are your suggestion? Which character could stepup to be a new main character like McKay did?
    Last edited by Platschu; 25 June 2018, 02:30 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Major Davis was in a fair amount of episodes, but I think he would be good in a spin-off.

Also, Lt. Cadman. I always liked her.

Amd Dr. Bill Lee. Always liked him.
    Last edited by hedwig; 26 June 2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Bates? Kavanagh? Just joking.

Great list so far. Giving Todd and Eli closure AND spin-offs would be double nice. Todd is one of MGM's most underused assets, as he is easily recognizable, ageless, and can be portrayed by various actors in time and still keep his general look through the years. How there is not more merchandise of him, such as action figures, is baffling.

I would add: Amelia Banks, Carson clone, Zelenka, and also Lorne as General and leader of SGC, as hinted at in "The Last Man."

Comment

Vala : I love Claudia Black, so I wouldn't mind to see her again.

Tommin : Maybe he could return if we could explore the rest of Ori galaxy.

Christopher Heyerdahl could portay Todd as human occasionally if they could put the mimicri hologram on him which was used by Foothold aliens. So he could live his life as a free "man" on Earth while CH wouldn't need the make-up all the time. Or Teyla ccould comment that he looks like Halling as a human...

Mike Dopoud (Varro) : he is also such an actor that he played different characters in all 3 SG shows. I would like to see him again. Maybe they could forge a little explanations how he could be in the Pegasus and the Milky Way as well.

Amelia Banks: The actress is really pretty, but I believe she would have settled down with Ronon Dex now.

Alec Colson (from season 8 Covenant) : He looked like a promising character who was meant to be returning, but then we have never seen him again.

Shifu : Return as a Harsiesis, who would reveal some mystery for the SGC what could lead to new adventures.

Telford : He could be a leader after Landry. But his storylines were too connected to the SG:U. Maybe they could use his knowledge what he has learnt in the seed ship.

Heimdall : I wouldn't mind to see an Asgard again. Maybe not all of them died in the explosion or some Asgard fraction hasn't agreed with that plan. Maybe she could show up as a holo-Asgard together with Loki and Thor.

Jill Wagner (Larrin) : The leader of Travelers. Maybe they could fly to the Milky Way galaxy, so we could see her people again.

Nicholas Ballard : He could return as a younger version as a gift from the Giant Aliens.

Janus : He is also a fan favorite. Maybe he still continued his studies and experiments of time travels.
        Last edited by Platschu; 26 June 2018, 04:02 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wouldn't add any more characters than you mentioned, except for - maybe - Elizabeth Wier. Have Torri come back and explain what really happened to her and to the FRAN version of her. Maybe Elizabeth could also reveal a HUGE secret involving the Pegasus Galaxy, Atlantis and Wraith, which would led Teyla into creating her own SG team made of the remaining Athosians (well, maybe the children of those Athosians by now), which would have led to new adventures for the re-united Atlantis expedition.

Also, bringing back the real Carson trough a multivirse storyline wouldn't be a bad idea since everyone could learn important new info about the Wraith too.

Comment

Oh yeah, I wanted to add her on the list. I doubt that Torri would like to return after what happened on the Atlantis. And her character belongs to the Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy. So she could be used in a new Atlantis story if the city returns to the Pegasus Galaxy, but I doubt her new role could work in MW stories... But now as you said, maybe RepliWeir could destroy the Ancients in the ascended bar. Hmmm... Interesting idea.

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned Jennifer Hailey. I quite liked her.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I liked her character, but the actress, Elisabeth Rosen has hardly appeared in any project in the last 10 years:
                https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0741960/

Maybe the clone-Jack could return, but we have learnt everything about that character and I doubt that a Jack O'Neill 2 would work.

The same reason I wouldn't use Rya'c even if I was thinking on him too. We have learned almost everything about the Jaffas, so it would be nice to see him as a guest star together with Teal'c or Bra'tac.

Or maybe bring back the little boy who stays with the Rhee'tou or the young guy from the SG-1 season 4 "The Light".

I wouldn't mind to see Dr. Volker or Dr. Park from SG:U, but it would be hard to explain how they could be rescued if we will never get a closure to Universe. Maybe some alien could visit the ship while they are sleeping, so some characters could be removed from the board of Destiny, but it would sound a bit forced. And if I remember well they blocked the stargate, so nobody could dial Destiny. The obvious candidate would be some Vanir troops (the evil Asgard), who maybe had the right amount of energy to make such an energy requiring wormhole. Or maybe even RepliWeir could go there and talked to the "ascended" Franklin. Or just simply bringing some part of the Ashard legacy, so they could create a few ZPMs or food or clothes or whatever, but this is already a fan fiction and it is never going to happen...

It could be interesting to see an old Tok'Ra face back, but the Tok'ra was also belonging to SG-1. A new spinoff would need new main heroes, new enemies, new allies.

Comment

I agree. The new spin-off would require new crew, new cast, new sets, new costumes, new props and new writers. I doubt that Cooper, Malozzi and Wright could come up with anything new for Stargate. I mean they always seem to come up with a problem that main characters have to resolve and the solving of that problem usually includes some kind of a time-travel. Season 8 finale, Season 10 finale, the old Wier episode (although they could've easily turned it into a multi-season storyline), the old Mackay episode, Continuum, Time, Twin Destinies. That's at least 7 times since SG-1's 8th season a time travel plot was used to resolve a main issue instead of the main characters actually having to investigate how to resolve the problem on their own. Reading Malozzi's blog, it sounded like that the Atlantis movie would also use a time-travel plot.

Also, SGA had a set of great characters, however, the writers failed to reveal their true potentials and missed out on any great opportunities to tell some really great stories. Instead, what we got was re-cycled SG-1 stuff in the final two SGA seasons with recycled SG-1 ideas showing up in early SGA episodes. SGU had pretty much the same problem --- only 7 episodes in and the 8th is already an episode with a time travel plot.

With that said, Stargate definitely needs new writers who will bring some new ideas for the franchise in either TV series or film format. SGU started two soon and it pretty much became the recycling place for stories already told back and referenced to MULTIPLE TIMES in SG-1 AND SGA.

Sure, bring old characters back, however, only as a guests in a multi-part episodes and have the show focus on the new SG-team and/or expedition, with old characters making a cameo appearance from time to time. Use the multi-parters to wrap up the character arcs from the three previous shows and extend their story in a way so it puts some new powerful wind to the backs of the new characters so new and better plots could be used on the show and new & fresh stories told.
                  Last edited by Mnikolic; 27 June 2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I mostly agree with your opinion. I am also not a big fan when they just got a miracleous solution for every problems.... Even time travel gave the first ZPM, so this is a bit too easy way from the writers. On the other hand, SG always suffered from not achieving any useful technologies. I mean they upgraded the ships, new shields, new rectors or what so ever. But every time they could find something on a planet, then they had introduce a reason why it can not be used on Earth or why we have to give it back, so the illusion can be maintained that our heroes are still on the same tech level where we live our life.

I believe the SG:U was good and really different. I enjoyed it much better now as I watched the episodes after each other. Just the fans were not prepared for the change and then SyFy also bleeded it out too early.

I still believe RCC or BW could find out something clever and unique. This scifi realm has got so much potential. They could introduce new stargate networks, different eras, lots of new allies and enemies, lots of mythology basec alien races and pure adventure. As I said before the Stargate is such a good plot device that they can tell any type of stories, while other scifi shows haven't got these opportunities.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 29 June 2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

well, I would also like to see Carson Beckett back, even though his clone was bit different from himself but that could also offer some opportunities

and I would also love to see Michael back who by some miracle or coincidence could have probably survived his fall

Todd would be great as well

and Dr Perish, I could imagine him as a permanent member of an SG team as scientist

Comment

Michael had a big fall. It would be hard to explain how can he still be alive. Maybe he could come back from an other reality where he rules in the Pegasus galaxy. Or he goes back in time to be the father of Catherine Langford!

Comment

I know that about Michael but what if that was just a Michael clone and the real one is still alive and now with Atlantis gone can go after his research. I mean he is clever and counted in that he could die when trying to get Teyla's Baby

But if he would be Catherine's father then she would have to have some Wraith DNA in her, interesting...very interesting thought

My bad luck is I tend to like the guys who die best but yesterday, of course I forgot I would love to have Sam back, and Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            Michael had a big fall. It would be hard to explain how can he still be alive. Maybe he could come back from an other reality where he rules in the Pegasus galaxy. Or he goes back in time to be the father of Catherine Langford!
                            For Michael to go back in time and become the father of Catherine Langford, he would have to use either a Stargate wormhole affected by solar flare or a modified version of the alternate reality drive that MacKay wanted to make but was rejected by John. That or somehow use Atlantis's wormhole drive and drive Antlantis close to a sun or a star so he'd be able to do that after taking everyone hostage. But that's impossible since even if he was from another reality, his fellow Wraith would not accept him because of the final effects of Carson's treatment.

Comment

Well, bringing alternate realities into the game in such case leaves room for so many ideas that would totally derail this thread

What I also would like to se though is Todd getting a main role in a Wraiths focused SGA spin off

Comment

Working...
                              X