Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I was worthy of my title today (points at "coach") -- by the gods, I think I'll have to apologize to all the neighbors in the block for shouting so loud and cursing at the players tonight.

But dammit, they needed it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Cool theme,FH.I forgot Wimbledon because it was far more fun to watch yesterday's matches.WTG Belgium!

Not going to make any predictions for England's chances today.I never get it right anyway.Just going to get the snacks ready and watch in peace with my football-loving daughter.
      She's got today off and my Hubby and son are uninterested and will be at work through the evening.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Cool theme,FH.I forgot Wimbledon because it was far more fun to watch yesterday's matches.WTG Belgium!
        Right, Wimbledon is also happening... ...entirely forgot about that.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Not going to make any predictions for England's chances today.I never get it right anyway.Just going to get the snacks ready and watch in peace with my football-loving daughter.
        She's got today off and my Hubby and son are uninterested and will be at work through the evening.
        I'm rooting for Sweden in their game against Switzerland, and England vs Colombia. The first I'll start watching in 26 minutes from now, the latter I'll catch at home... Life stream at work... everybody's out of the office around 4 anyway so not bothering anyone with it.

Comment

Apologies to Morena Baccarin for beating Brazil in the World Cup. Didn't quite believe they could do it, but I was proven wrong. Onwards to meet France next (for whom I would have cheered if Brazil had beaten us).

Comment

WOW, congrats Belgium!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Libero View Post
              WOW, congrats Belgium!
              Thank you.
              I woke up this morning, remembering it wasn't just a dream.

Comment

It seems I am a striker, this seems correct.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It seems that the French dominance over Belgium continues
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    It seems that the French dominance over Belgium continues
                    At least we played fair -- not something that little ****head of a Mbappe can say.

Comment

Sad for Belgium ...

But now France should make it to the top!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Libero View Post
                        But now France should make it to the top!
                        Nope, now I want them to loose in the finale. The way they behaved on the field yesterday, they don't deserve to lift that cup. The only decent ones running around, from my POV, were Griezmann and Pavar.

Comment

The term sore loser comes to mind
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            The term sore loser comes to mind
                            Unfortunately, you'll see that most of the people do agree that France played a very dirty game. Mbappe in particular gets critiqued and for good reason too -- I'm sure Neymar's proud of the little fledgling. There's no sportmanship in kicking the ball away from your opponent in order to stall for time or to sit down on the field to stall for time. He got a yellow card for it, but he should have gotten red. The ref in particular is being critized from all sides -- the fact, in particar, he didn't allow a clear free kick which didn't leave much to the imagination as to where Giroud's feet were not -- on the ball as they should have been -- but snapping Hazard's legs in half nearly. Even the French have a few choice words for him. And that's saying something...

Nope, not sore losers --- we played fair. France is a dirty team and I sincerely hope they get put in their place on Sunday when they face Croatia who just beat England and put them back in their place with 2-1. England too, is a dirty team as far as playing goes. Looking forward to our rematch -- I hope we can make em pay dearly for their behavior in our group games.

Comment

World Cup 2018 has ended with France taking the cup home, undeserved I might add. Croatia deserved it more in every way. Belgium came in third, and England landed in fourth place. Next time all of us meet is 2 years from now when we're playing for the European Cup in soccer and 2 years later it's back to the World Cup in Qatar.

Thanks for playing along.
                              And thank you Gateworld for getting into the soccer mood.

Comment

I’ll work on it tomorrow.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X