No announcement yet.

Was Jonas underrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will emphasize again that I was speculating based on the feel I got while watching. I know nothing more than anyone else here!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Will emphasize again that I was speculating based on the feel I got while watching. I know nothing more than anyone else here!
      I would add that suposedly, if the rumors were true, Judge didn't get along very well with RDA neither. Perhaps a more astute fan could confirm that.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They are actors and they are professionals. RDA used to be even a producer (as part of the Gekko Production), so I doubt that any personal feelings could be seen onscreen. We don't know what happened in the background, you know when an actor or actress were too demanding, too much diva behaviour, too much salary deals. But such things can never be seen on a tv show, I believe. If the writers (and producers) don't like someone then he or she was dismissed quickly. Such changes started to ruin SG:A later too.

Back to Jonas. I still believe he could have been moved to Atlantis instead of "Ford" or to Universe. He could have been a great connection to SG-1. But MS was more popular at that time, so the producers believed MS can drain more viewers, so I believe that was the reason why Corin Nemec was written out so quickly. It is sad, but it is only about business and not what the fans want or imagine.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Back to Jonas. I still believe he could have been moved to Atlantis instead of "Ford" or to Universe.
          Mb he got tired of being friendzoned by the producers.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I remember hearing that at one point he was supposed to transition from from SG-1 when it ended with Season 6, to Atlantis when it premiered the next fall. No idea whether there's any truth to that though.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Does anyone know if Michael Shanks/Daniel was ever intended to come back or he initially was going to leave the show permanently? Because I had the impression that Corin Nemec/Jonas was initially only suppose to replace Michael/Daniel temporarily for 1 season, and when Michael came back they dropped Jonas...I get the feeling that they never intended to make Jonas a permanent member of the team anyway, he was just keeping Daniel's seat warm for a while until Daniel came back. Jonas was very under-rated and under-appreciated on the show, he was a great character and I think many fans eventually grown to like him too and wanted him to stay, preferably I would've wanted Jonas to become a permanent member of SG-1 and continue to work with the team for the rest of the seasons, but I wouldn't have minded if he joined Atlantis either. But instead he only came back for 1 last guest appearance in 1 ep in S7 and that was the last we ever saw of him, he was never mentioned again after that, I think Corin/Jonas deserved better.

Comment

^I’m not sure about Michael Shanks, but I agree with you, Jonas deserved way better than he got. I normally hate when they replace a character and can’t stand it when they introduce a new one, but I really liked Jonas, he brought a lighter feel to the team and he at least deserved one more season with SG-1. For most of season six he seemed to be just warming up to the team and when we finally got to enjoy his character they just pushed him out to have Daniel come back again. Don’t get me wrong, I love Daniel, but it was just disappointing to see how they just disregarded the character so easily and never made him at least a reoccurring character like Jacob and Bre’tac.
                Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Yes! Yes he was. I always liked Jonas and I've always been a little disappointed at the less-than-warm reaction you tend to see for him. I really would have liked to have seen where they took his advanced physiology storyline.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I liked Jonas. Wish he had had a more alien sounding name though.

I mean...Corin Nemec sounds more alien than Jonas Quinn.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      I liked Jonas. Wish he had had a more alien sounding name though.

I mean...Corin Nemec sounds more alien than Jonas Quinn.
                      ...I honestly never thought of it before but you aren’t wrong.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

We have joked about it a few times that so many main characters start with J : Jack, Jackson, John, Janet, Jolinar, Jennifer, Jacob, Jonas...

Jonas has got a cultural reference from the Bible :
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

We have joked about it a few times that so many main characters start with J : Jack, Jackson, John, Janet, Jolinar, Jennifer, Jacob, Jonas...

Jonas has got a cultural reference from the Bible :
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah
                          I thought Jonah and the Whale was a fable?
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Fairy tales - facts - legends - myths... You know there was always a small seperating wall between reality and fantasy. Maybe the whole story was based on some kind of real events, but then somebody added this and that...

Comment

Fairy tales - facts - legends - myths... You know there was always a small seperating wall between reality and fantasy. Maybe the whole story was based on some kind of real events, but then somebody added this and that...
                              Of course, I mean this was one of my favorite story as a kid it's a good story
                              Spoiler:

Comment

It is much better to be digested alive in a whale... I have already hated the Disney version of Pinoccio, but that whale was so scarry as a child (and as adult). The Finding Nemo had at least a similar positive scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X