Where can you see it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can you see it?

Where can you watch these mini shows, or the whole movie? I am not finding it.

Legally, it's only accessible @ stargatecommand.co.

Since you're location says you're in Ohio, you're in luck. You're in one of the 6 countries that has legal access to the premium all-access pass of that (fake) community. Allegedly, the feature cut will also be available internationally (apart from the USA, Canada, the UK, Germany, Australia and New Zealand). A premium pass costs 20 dollar and expires on September 19th, 2018 (unless they once again extend it -- because the original cut-off date was May 15, 2018).

All-access (privileged) premium holders have access to all of Origins, Dial Home interviews, and all the series and films. Everyone else not elligible has access to none of the above (except the first 20 minutes of Origins) + quizzes/polls and the horrible message feed they call a forum.

Illegally -- apparently it's on Youtube in full, and if you get creative, there's a streaming service around that has it. But I have no idea where, not even on Youtube. And even if I did know, those links are not allowed to be shared on the forum. We know they exist, but well... piracy is frowned upon (except by premium members who have been encouraging geoblocked fans to go and pirate it --- I kid you not).

The Stargate fan-community has once again show how selfish they are, and how they are even more divided than when SGU was airing. It's not a welcoming place to be these days.

If you're looking to join -- I'm ProperStargateRewatch but I'm leaving on July 23rd (I'll be having my account deleted).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, that just sounds bad. Why wouldn't they want it accessible for everyone? Isn't that just bad business?

Sorry, if that sounded rude. I am not going to invest in another streaming service. It adds up way too fast. Thanks for the info.
      Last edited by BethHG; 11 June 2018, 05:23 PM. Reason: Just adding a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        It's not a welcoming place to be these days.
        If only the privilege could just stay over at the new site and could be ignored, but even GateWorld was impacted.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
        Okay, that just sounds bad. Why wouldn't they want it accessible for everyone? Isn't that just bad business?

Sorry, if that sounded rude. I am not going to invest in another streaming service. It adds up way too fast. Thanks for the info.
        No need to apologize. You are correct and the failure is MGM's. *They* should be apologizing and also making it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          We asked but no answer was given (read: they ignore the question or my favorite (lie) "we're working on it"). I doubt we'll ever find out though.

And you would think it would be, from a business POV, be benificial to make it as widely available as possible.

I understand license issues or broadcasting rights for the existing shows and films, even though they make em available for worldwide watching on YouTube during their rewatch moments (so, I call a little BS on their geoblock). But Origins is webseries, not bound by the same rules as TV so... It's a mystery.

The place is very hostile towards fans who dare to point it out.

I sadly speak from experience.

Comment

There are so many streaming services now with their own shows that it is ridiculous. There are a couple of shows that I would like to see, but I personally cannot fathom forking over that much money to see one show. I would rather do without. It's amazing how the entertainment industry has taken over, so that we have to jump through hoops to see, in this case, a 10 minute show. It just makes me irritated. Right now, my family has 3 streaming services, and my oldest has 1 other. Crazy.

Comment

I have no subscriptions to any service, though Netflix is probably going to happen over the summer. I got to dabble with a friend's account and found that a lot of shows I wasn't able to follow on TV due to too little time, are on Netflix, including the new Star Trek Discovery.

We don't have have streaming services attached to entertainment companies quite like the US does, like CBS All-Access. We just have cable providers which offer pretty much the same content.

Comment

Saw on the SGC’s YouTube rewatch of the the SGA pilot that the SGO feature cut will be released on June 19th. “Worldwide”. I wish we knew what MGM’s definition of that is.

Comment

I'm fairly sure they'd announced the Feature Cut would be on a bunch of other streaming services. I think GW might have covered that. Will check.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    I'm fairly sure they'd announced the Feature Cut would be on a bunch of other streaming services. I think GW might have covered that. Will check.
                    I saw on twitter and there was no mention of what platforms. At least not in the tweet, just mention of different platforms and there will be 12 different subtitles and new VFX shots and other new things (can't remember what exactly -- I thought soundtrack but can't be sure).

I'll believe "worldwide" when I see it on a platform I can access. I simply don't trust their definition of worldwide.

Comment

It’ll be available for purchase on:

US & Canada- Amazon Prime Video, VUDU, Comcast, FandangoNOW, Redbox, Verizon, and Cineplex.

“Global”- Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, and PlayStation Store.

Two things, does that mean it’ll be free to Amazon Prime subscribers? And doesn’t Redbox deal in DVD/Bluray?

ETA: Redbox does have streaming as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                        “Global”- Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, and PlayStation Store.
                        I'm more interested to see how far "global" reaches.

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                        ...does that mean it’ll be free to Amazon Prime subscribers?
                        Nope.

From Amazon.com help...

Video: How to Buy or Rent Videos

Prime Video uses 1-Click ordering for all purchases. When you buy a movie or TV show from Prime Video, the purchase price is automatically charged to the default 1-Click payment method on your Amazon account.

Once you've set your 1-Click payment method, you can rent and buy Prime Video titles from the Amazon website or your connected device.

To view or change your 1-Click payment settings, go to Prime Video Settings - Your Account from your web browser.
                        Note: Prime Video is only available to customers located in the United States and U.S. territories. To purchase Prime Video titles, you need an Amazon.com account with a billing address and 1-Click payment method from an eligible U.S. location.

Comment

It's disappointing that they're not making this available to other countries. Or at least more countries except the ones they have made it available in. I'm in the UK. But I'll try and hunt round for it, who knows whether I'll be successful.

I've never been on that other site, but I take it that that's not a bad thing.
                          sigpic
                          He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Halstead View Post
                            I've never been on that other site, but I take it that that's not a bad thing.
                            That other site, by which I suppose you mean Command, doesn't exist anymore. Has been out of the ether for more than a year now.

Origins -- I think, I recently saw that it was at present available to stream on Amazon Prime USA.

...and that's about it.

If you don't have it (il)legally downloaded or are not based in the USA, it isn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              That other site, by which I suppose you mean Command, doesn't exist anymore. Has been out of the ether for more than a year now.

Origins -- I think, I recently saw that it was at present available to stream on Amazon Prime USA.

...and that's about it.

If you don't have it (il)legally downloaded or are not based in the USA, it isn't available.
                              I don't have it downloaded, but I think I may have discovered it somewhere. I won't say where though. That's sort of happened with a couple other US shows, where they have been shown in the UK, but it's more that they're not available on DVD in the UK. Which is very annoying.
                              sigpic
                              He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Working...
                              X