Origins DVD/Blu-ray release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origins DVD/Blu-ray release date?

I already have SG-1, Ark of Truth, Continuum, and SGA, and I want to complete my collection (still waiting for a Blu-ray release of SGU Season 2). It doesn't matter if it's 10 episodes of 10 minutes, or a single 100-minute movie. I just want to buy a physical copy, just in case SGCommand goes offline. Does anyone know when Origins will be released physically, like the other SG series? I've been searching everywhere for a release date. I also want to know when the digital copy will be available worldwide. It's extremely unfair to limit it to select countries, as opposed to having it available to all 7 billion Tau'ri. MGM would get a lot more money if they released it that way.

I don't think it will ever be on DVD/BD. The final 'movie' should be released online this month, according to the announcement, and will be available worldwide. It's much more expensive to release it physically worldwide and I don't think Origins is doing or going to do so well to justify it. Maybe it will be released on other streaming services, I don't know, but a physical release is very unlikely.

Comment

When the news was first realeased about the "film cut" version of Origins, someone on twitter asked the Stargate Command team if there would be a DVD-release.

The answer was a clear no, but that they were "looking into" other, digital services.

@Nivao
      I think they promised the film cut to the all-access elite at the end of May, which didn't happen. Now, it might be June, but with their track record, I have my doubts.

Worldwide release, I even have my doubts about that one, to be honest. And I'm most certainly NOT going to pay the full 20 dollar for it either IF it does get released. No freaking way.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So, what would it take to make them release a physical copy? I don't ever want to have another recurring bill. I'm already paying for enough stuff (ISP, electricity, food, gasoline, taxes, etc.), and I'm tight on money. Maybe we could start a petition, or have a sufficient number of people contact MGM directly, demanding a physical release of both mini-series and full-length movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate38 View Post
          So, what would it take to make them release a physical copy? I don't ever want to have another recurring bill. I'm already paying for enough stuff (ISP, electricity, food, gasoline, taxes, etc.), and I'm tight on money. Maybe we could start a petition, or have a sufficient number of people contact MGM directly, demanding a physical release of both mini-series and full-length movie.
          Petitions don't generally work. Contacting MGM might be pointless too since they also never reacted to being tweeted to en-masse, like the social media account person was asleep at the wheel. Stargate Command is run by consultants unaffiliated with MGM -- working for them in a freelance capacity (paid though, I imagine).

The miniseries and the feature cut are exactly the same thing so one release is just fine. What I want though is extras -- lots and lots of extras, like behind the scenes featurettes, audio commentaries (the boys are hilarious), and photogalleries perhaps. I'm not paying money for just the feature cut. I want it all, or I'll take nothing.

Comment

No dvd release? WTH?

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
              No dvd release? WTH?
              What were you expecting? They have their exclusive streaming and why the hell spend money on DVD/BR when you can be digital.

It's a shame if they don't at least think about it but so far... nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X