novels timelines within (alongside) series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

novels timelines within (alongside) series

I can't seem to find a timeline anywhere that tells the chronological order of the novels alongside the series.
    I've already watched the series and am on the last book of the legacy series, however I'd like to re-watch the episodes that take place before the books. Not too big a deal really as the stories are pretty freestanding on their own but it would be nice to catch up with the show before reading.

I don't consider the books canon with the TV series, but the Legacy books are "supposedly" a 6th season (a fannish one, but that's how they are marketed -- same with the comics, also marketed as the official season 6 of Atlantis).

The other ones, I don't know. I don't read official fanfiction -- too many authors in the unofficial section that are way better at it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Agree with FH on the non-canon. A reader posted made a fan-made list here: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14607884

Comment

can you point me to the unofficial authors

Comment

Originally posted by luthermaze View Post
          can you point me to the unofficial authors
          Here is a thread chock full of recommendations. Sam+Jack is popular, but one can find and request other themes, pairings, characters, and situations too:
          https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ecommendations

Comment

Also, as someone who has read Legacy books 1-8 and also number of non-Legacy books, the non-Legacy ones were just a waste of my time and money.

All the books have non-canon stuff in them and are not canon per MGM, but the Legacy 1-8 is at least much higher caliber. The other writers tend to rely on cheap demagogic crutches, such as xenophobic language and misgendering, making up juvenile non-canon insults, making their villains undignified 2D stock characters such as saying they have bad breath, and obsequiously praising Earthborn humans to make the reader feel good without having done anything of merit (all cheap tricks). They also kill off characters in gruesome ways. Legacy 1-8 didn't do that: Pegasus citizens, including all the races, mattered and were treated with dignity and the main antagonist was not cheapened. To cheapen Queen Death that way would have been to cheapen the final showdown and victory, including for the Lanteans.

To class Legacy books 1-8 with all the rest of the books is to cheapen both SGA and the craft of writing itself. To class books condoning xenophobia with those that do not is to negate the values we teach our children and the world we wished we lived in and to pretend the proverbial emperor is wearing clothes.

Legacy books 1-8 were enjoyable. But, don't let those books get your hopes up about the others (even if they use Legacy terminology). I say this because you have a Todd profile pic and this is the heads-up I wish I could have been given to save me some losses.
            Last edited by WraithTech; 24 June 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X