This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate needs your help!

SG-1 needs your help! Go vote now on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/GeekLeagueO...55960931133379

Hehehe, stargate has a 52% to 48% lead.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

The lead have dropped now and soon seems to be under TNG.
      But that tournament is just a joke. How to even compare ST: TOS with The Expanse.
      Something that was made 50-60 years ago and is spammed in every tv channel for who knows how many times to something that is still new and loads of people all over the world have no idea whats it about.

I looked the list on there tournament map and well they have set them the way where you cant compare the shows with one another.
      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Oh, the poll was over a while back. SG1 beat TNG 50.1 to 49.9

sigpic

Comment

New poll today, Doctor Who vs Stargate SG-1. Head to https://www.facebook.com/GeekLeagueO...64606786935460 to cast your vote!

Comment

No. Just no. There is no way SG1 should have beat TNG.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              No. Just no. There is no way SG1 should have beat TNG.
              Yes, it should. SG-1 is at least a little better than any one Star Trek show, objectively speaking. Perhaps not as a franchise, but one-on-one? SG-1 also ran much longer than any single Star Trek show.

Comment

Stargate got pawned by Doctor Who -- it got stored inside the TARDIS for safe keeping.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Stargate got pawned by Doctor Who -- it got stored inside the TARDIS for safe keeping.
                  Waittaminute!! So you're saying my shirt is wrong?!GATE.jpg
                  "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                    Yes, it should. SG-1 is at least a little better than any one Star Trek show, objectively speaking. Perhaps not as a franchise, but one-on-one? SG-1 also ran much longer than any single Star Trek show.
                    It... Really isn't... I mean don't get me wrong. I loved SG-1. It's why I'm here in the first place. But the writing, the characterization. TNG is far superior. DS9 even more so. The length that a series ran means nothing.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
                      Waittaminute!! So you're saying my shirt is wrong?!
                      LOL! That is so cool though.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                        I agree. I grew up with the original Star Trek as a kid and still love it, if fact, only Stargate SG-1 has surpassed my affinity for Star Trek.

I watched ST:TNG when it came out. I was very disappointed. The first season was particularly bad and I’m surprised they renewed it. Suspect it would not have been renewed had it been airing on a major network.

I watched but rarely found it ‘great’ (I feel it pales in comparison to the original) I like DS9 slightly more, ‘Voyager’ very little and found ‘Enterprise’ the most interesting of the spin-offs. I was not surprised when I learned the producers of DS9 had stolen J. Michael Stracynski’s pitched ideas for Babylon 5…

I’ll let Melinda Snodgrass, former writer for ST:TNG and script editor for seasons 1 & 2 explain in this
                        Omni Magazine interview:

On Star Trek: The Next Generation entitled ‘Boldly Going Nowhere’

“…looking back from the perspective of twenty-five years, I realize that the original recipe was pretty good science fiction. Not always of course. Classic Trek had its share of gobblers- ‘Spock’s Brain,’ ‘The Omega Glory.’ Even so, there were scripts by Robert Bloch, Harlan Ellison, Theodore Sturgeon, David Gerrold, Dorothy Fontana –people who understood that science fiction isn’t about gadgets and technological gimcracks but about the effect the technological gimcracks have on people. Go back and look at ‘Charlie X,’ ‘City on the Edge of Forever,’ ‘Errand of Mercy.’

Yes, the special effects were laughable, the sets cheesy, and you had William Shatner chewing scenery. But I’ll take James T. Kirk kissing the girl, punching the bad guy and violating the Prime Directive about twice a show over the bloodless automatons who now crew the Enterprise.

The old show was passionate. These were flawed individuals, people with whom we could identify because we possess the same feelings. How they met and defeated their personal demons was more gripping than the godlike-alien-of-the-week we get on ST:TNG. The dramatic problem with godlike aliens is it takes a godlike alien to catch a godlike alien…”

http://www.housevampyr.com/training/...NI_1991_12.pdf
                        "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

I always liked stargate better. TNG, while the plots were often cool, I always felt the people were a little stiff (though that might be the pot calling the kettle black). There were a few exceptions but not that many. For stargate, I felt like I was watching actual people. And the character development seemed a bit unbalanced. Marina Sirtis was right. Troi only got good stories after her cleavage went away. (Why can't we ever have both?)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X