played the best villain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

played the best villain?

Lots of questions about who your favorite villian or who was the most evil villian. But what I want to know is who do you think as far as acting goes played the best villian. Who acted the best as the villian.

Mine was the actor who played Sokar. He was not too over the top like like the Goa'uld tend to be.

I can't remember the actor who played Sokar at the moment, David something I think, but he also played Anubis.

As far as playing a villain goes, I'd say that Cliff Simon has it down to a tee as well. He has a flair for being villainous, but making it look like he's in fact the good guy in the story.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I can't remember the actor who played Sokar at the moment, David something I think, but he also played Anubis.

As far as playing a villain goes, I'd say that Cliff Simon has it down to a tee as well. He has a flair for being villainous, but making it look like he's in fact the good guy in the story.
      That would be David Palffy (yes, with two F's). I think Cliff Simon was awesome as Ba'al. By the time he became the Big Bad, the writers managed to make the Goa'uld seem more real and less cliche (not that that was a bad thing).

But David as Anubis. Man, having seen "Full Circle", "Fallen" and "Homecoming" again a couple of weeks ago reminded me how friggin' awesome Anubis was. The voice, the dialog, his imposing stature. No matter how cliche he was, that's how you play an over-the-top bad guy as Jack put it.

Comment

You know they say the heroes can be only as good as the villans can be as bad. Or something similar.

My favorite "villain" is Dr. Nicholas Rush. He is a complex character who is a hero and a villain of the Universe at the same time. I really love how Mr. Carlyle portrayed him. I have watched him in Once upon a time and he was even more amazing there, while he used different acting skills there. Now I am just rewatching tthe Stargate : Universe season 2, but I have never felt that I see Rumplestilkin on the board of Destiny as he really played the two characters differently.

I know it also depends on the script, the actor and the director. Even if we had some really nice bad guys in the past, if they have only a few sentences then you won't be able to understand their real motives or you can't make the audience to take them as seriously. So as much as I loved Apophis in the first 4-5 seasons, then Baal came and the writers have given him more screentime to shine. So my favorite Goa'uld villain is Baal.

And you can guess, but the third is Todd, the odd from Stargate : Atlantis. I really love how they have built his character up and how his motives and behaviour changed a lot. He is also like Rush. Not hero, but not villain either, like a neutral character in RPG language. Anyway he was also written really well.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Peter Williams vs. Cliff Simon vs. Christopher Heyerdahl....GO!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ronny Cox as Kinsey. His acting in "Politics" ignited in me a very visceral, angry response. I had actual hate for a fictional character. It was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
              Ronny Cox as Kinsey. His acting in "Politics" ignited in me a very visceral, angry response. I had actual hate for a fictional character. It was brilliant.
              Ooh, also a good choice. Ronny Cox plays a terrific villain, in pretty much every movie or show I've ever seen him in.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Peter Williams vs. Cliff Simon vs. Christopher Heyerdahl....GO!
                I'm actually more inclined to say that I prefer Jack The Ripper from Sanctuary over any villain Chris played in Stargate (Todd). He's deliciously evil and trying to be good at the same time, before going off the deep end.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                X