Charmed (CW Reboot) News/Trailers/Discussion SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmed (CW Reboot) News/Trailers/Discussion SPOILERS

Well, it looks like Charmed is finally coming back to TV. However, I don't think all fans are excited about the differences in the reboot.

Here is the trailer:

sigpic

It doesn't seem that everyone is thrilled about the reboot of Charmed!

Even Holly Marie Combs (Piper) doesn't seem pleased with the reboot. She made some negative twitter posts back in January about the reboot.

Holly Marie's comments on Charmed.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, it looks like Sundays will be Girl Power night on the CW

The CW Announces New 6-Night Primetime Schedule For 2018-2019

Posted 1:00 am, May 22, 2018, by Promo Team

NEW YORK (May 17, 2018) – Expanding to a six-night, Sunday-Friday schedule this fall, The CW will have 12 hours of original scripted series across the week in primetime this fall, more than ABC, NBC or Fox.

The CW’s new Sunday night kicks off with SUPERGIRL (8:00-9:00 PM), followed by the magical all new CHARMED (9:00-10:00 PM), with new faces as the Charmed Ones, but the same heart and humor as the beloved original. Check out the trailer below!

https://twitter.com/cw_charmed/statu...46365594497026

Mondays are action-packed with DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (8:00-9:00 PM), followed by ARROW (9:00-10:00 PM).

THE FLASH is back on Tuesday nights (8:00-9:00 PM) followed by BLACK LIGHTNING (9:00-10:00 PM).

RIVERDALE
      is back Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM). At 9:00-10:00 PM, new series ALL AMERICAN, based on the real life of NFL star Spencer Paysinger, tells the story of a high school football star from South Los Angeles, who is thrown into a new world of challenges and opportunities when he’s recruited by a coach (Taye Diggs) to play in Beverly Hills. Check out the trailer below!

https://twitter.com/CWAllAmerican/st...44910573666304

The 14th season of SUPERNATURAL airs Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM), followed by the new series LEGACIES (9:00-10:00 PM). Set in the world of “The Vampire Diaries” and “The Originals,” it’s the story of the next generation of supernatural beings at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted.

Friday nights are full of drama with DYNASTY (8:00-9:00 PM), followed by the final season of the award-winning musical comedy CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (9:00-10:00 PM).

JANE THE VIRGIN, THE 100, and iZOMBIE will all be returning in midseason for their final seasons. New series IN THE DARK and ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO will also debut in midseason.
      sigpic

Comment

Whenever I hear a character refer to themselves as "strong women", it makes me wary. I don't like watching shows that have over-the-top feminism, because it seems they end up putting the male characters down.

I was sort of looking to trying it out...until I saw that.

Comment

Charmed actor Ser’Darius Blain, who stars on The CW’s upcoming fall reboot, is speaking out about the outcry from fans and stars of the original series.

Blain weighed in on the drama while talking to ET at the Celebrity Connected Honoring the MTV Movie & TV Awards Luxury Gifting Suite at the W Hollywood hotel in Los Angeles, California, on Friday.

“Honestly, it’s sad for me,” said the 31-year-old actor, who plays a potential love interest for one of the three sisters, Macy (Madeleine Mantock), on the new series. “I don’t like that there’s so much discord between the old and the new. I wish we could just come together, find a happy medium and all be happy.”

Blain added that he believes the fact that so many old shows are returning with their original cast members, while Charmed is not, may have contributed to disapproval of the revival. While he’d love to have the original stars make guest appearances, he’s confident that the reboot will not disgrace the show’s legacy.

“I think old fans are afraid we’re going to completely forget what was built before us or not going to pay homage to it and it’s very much the opposite,” he said.

“We’re not trying to replace them at all,” Blain reassured fans. “I wish them all nothing but the best and hope we get to see each other at Comic-Con or something -- hang out, grab some drinks! I hope they don’t think we’re trying to take their legacy or anything because it’s not the case. If we could have them cameo, we would not say no. We’re actors -- we just want to play!”

In May, The CW officially ordered the new Charmed to series, centered on a new, younger crop of sisters -- Macy (Mantock), Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) -- who, after the death of their mother, discover they are The Charmed Ones. Not everyone was thrilled with the news; original star Holly Marie Combs, who played Piper Halliwell on the 1998-2006 WB show, made headlines when she slammed the project.

“I appreciate the jobs and opportunities the Charmed reboot has created. But I will never understand what is fierce, funny, or feminist in creating a show that basically says the original actresses are too old to do a job they did 12 years ago," Combs wrote in May, adding that she hoped the revival would be “better than the marketing so far.”

One of the reboot’s lead actresses, Jeffery, tweeted soon after that she respected the “foundation” that was laid by the original series, but wouldn’t stand by and take criticism. “When my character is challenged, when there is futile yet harmful noise about how we are either incapable or doomed, I will vociferously defend myself and my sisters," Jeffery wrote in a tweet seemingly aimed at Combs.

Blain, who starred alongside Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle last year, got involved in the reboot through his connection with the writers, Amy Rardin and Jessica O’Toole, who penned his first series, Jane by Design. Blain got a call the same day he auditioned with news he’d landed the role.

“I was 12 when the original came out, so I started watching way back then,” Blain said. “My cousin was addicted to it too -- we had to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed every week -- and I really got to love Piper, Prue and Phoebe. They were always getting into something crazy and saving the world, so we’re going to do a lot of the same in this one, but give it our own mark as well.”

“My character has a crush on one of the sisters and we go from there,” he teased. “I’m excited to bring in a new fan base for Charmed and to surprise and shock the old ones as well -- bridge the gap between both. Maybe I’ll get some superpowers!”

Charmed premieres Sunday, Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.
          Hmmmm...I have mixed feelings about the new show. I wish we had the original actresses back, but I also want to give the new show a chance.
          sigpic

Comment

As a Charmed fan (loved the cheesiness of it), I would rather have a continuation of the story. Time for a rewatch then!
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Same here. I can understand what they are trying to do, but it really would have been better if they build on what has been done before and not repeat it. There is no way this can be better than the Original, but I will still give it a chance. It deserves that much.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I dunno...I saw a trailer where they showed the Charmed Ones' whitelighter. Instead of orbbing in, it looks like he apparated like a Harry Potter character. I still wanna give the show a chance, but I just don't know. Some of the aspects of the show seem off from the original. The level of power they display in the trailers is not consistent with what we've seen in Charmed. The original sisters powers grew over time.
                sigpic

Comment

This is a joke. Just watch the trailer. And it doesn't even make any sense that they want to do a reboot. We want our original characters back.
                  Looking at the trailer, I just wanna laugh. This is serious eye rolling stuff. Oh and the actresses are terrible.
                  I hate them... Those who came up with the idea.

Comment

I did see in one trailer that in the new Charmed...their BoS has a Melinda Warren entry. I also read that there are going to be other ties to the original series. We shall see in 11 days!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, the first Episode was something. Not sure if a good or bad something. This is going to be a trainwreck isnt it?
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Well, I've got two episodes of the new Charmed under my belt. While I was skeptical...I don't think it was all that bad. I remember when I saw the original series first few episodes, I almost stopped watching...but I'm glad I didn't. These at least make me want to tune in next week to see what happens.

I do think it is cool...
                        Spoiler:
                        that their hands glow when they come together to use the power of three.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well...we're three episodes in. I read on an FB group for Charmed that the CW network has ordered 5 more episodes of the show. So, I guess it is doing well.

I've liked the evolution of the show. We shall see what happens as the show moves forward.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's oddly cautious of the CW.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Well...we're three episodes in. I read on an FB group for Charmed that the CW network has ordered 5 more episodes of the show. So, I guess it is doing well.

I've liked the evolution of the show. We shall see what happens as the show moves forward.
                              Question is if these 5 Episodes will air anything near a appropiate air time. I mean for it to be more than just a dissjointed mess far away from the first or second Season. So far I kind of like it, I still have to warm up to it though. Hopefully the show will get better as it progresses. I want Charmed to continue so, I am all in.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X