• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Kansas (321)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    NOT KANSAS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 321
    With Reign's threat to Earth apparently contained Kara decides to move home to Argo City -- unaware that the Dark Priestess cult is not yet finished with their endgame. J'onn learns that a version of the D.E.O.'s powerful weapons have hit the streets of National City.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 June 2018, 01:14 PM.

Interesting episode. I honestly don't know how the DEO will function without lethal weapons. I guess we shall see. I wonder what Lena saw as she was working on the black rock for Kara?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Interesting episode. I honestly don't know how the DEO will function without lethal weapons. I guess we shall see. I wonder what Lena saw as she was working on the black rock for Kara?
      That's going to be an interesting story.. Obviously, it's the writer's attempt to comment on the current anti-gun hysteria, but which way will it go? I expect it will fail miserably for the DEO, but what will that say about the need for guns?

Comment

It will never be mentioned again after they get high tech alien Ray guns
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Guns are guns
          He said they wanted to do without them. Using semantics like that would be a cheap trick.

Comment

You need to pay attention more before you complain
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm still trying to get my head around Alura not aging. Why do I get the feeling all isn't as it seems with Argo. I'm beginning to question whether that is indeed Argo and Alura. It's odd that Kara hasn't noticed. The going away psrty was abrupt and lacked any real emotion.

But does anyone actually believe Kara will leave for good? The show is called Supergirl? Wouldn't be much of a show without the star It may have worked more had it been maybe a series finale wondering if Kara would go back home or stay on Earth. There is no connection between this Alura and Kara. I don't know if it's deliberate on the writers part or just lacking chemistry between the actors.

Little light reading there Lena? :smirk: She should have had a lab coat on in the lab

Thank goodness for that robot stopping Kara from making a huge mistake.

A secret government military organisation that fight powerful Aliens gets frid of their guns? What could possibly go wrong, and now Alex looking at an Adoption site? That doesn't have to happen so fast

Overall I thought there was just too much going on in the one ep
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                I'm still trying to get my head around Alura not aging. Why do I get the feeling all isn't as it seems with Argo. I'm beginning to question whether that is indeed Argo and Alura. It's odd that Kara hasn't noticed. The going away psrty was abrupt and lacked any real emotion.

But does anyone actually believe Kara will leave for good? The show is called Supergirl? Wouldn't be much of a show without the star It may have worked more had it been maybe a series finale wondering if Kara would go back home or stay on Earth. There is no connection between this Alura and Kara. I don't know if it's deliberate on the writers part or just lacking chemistry between the actors.

Little light reading there Lena? :smirk: She should have had a lab coat on in the lab

Thank goodness for that robot stopping Kara from making a huge mistake.

A secret government military organisation that fight powerful Aliens gets frid of their guns? What could possibly go wrong, and now Alex looking at an Adoption site? That doesn't have to happen so fast

Overall I thought there was just too much going on in the one ep
                The relationship 'tween Alura and Kara as presented over the past few eps has always seemed fake to me, as if at least on Kara's part, the main reason seemed to be just to get the material to save Sam

Of course she's not leaving. As you point out, not much of a show if she does.

Disarming the DEO just doesn't make sense; I'm guessing the writers want comment on the gun control debate in the US. If, as jelgate suggests, they're just going to replace projectile weapons with alien high-tech weapons, I'll say it's just a cheap trick. A Gun is a gun.

As far as Alex and adoption, that tracks. She broke up with Maggie for that reason a while back, I'm not surprised she's looking at it.

Oh, and one other reason we can be sure SG/Kara is not leaving. They're clearly going to hook her up with Mon-El again. Which doesn't track. I would have though she was smarter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  The relationship 'tween Alura and Kara as presented over the past few eps has always seemed fake to me, as if at least on Kara's part, the main reason seemed to be just to get the material to save Sam

Of course she's not leaving. As you point out, not much of a show if she does.

Disarming the DEO just doesn't make sense; I'm guessing the writers want comment on the gun control debate in the US. If, as jelgate suggests, they're just going to replace projectile weapons with alien high-tech weapons, I'll say it's just a cheap trick. A Gun is a gun.

As far as Alex and adoption, that tracks. She broke up with Maggie for that reason a while back, I'm not surprised she's looking at it.

Oh, and one other reason we can be sure SG/Kara is not leaving. They're clearly going to hook her up with Mon-El again. Which doesn't track. I would have though she was smarter than that.
                  The interactions between Alura and Kara have lacked substance. It's flat and emotionless. It never felt like that when Laura Benanti was on the show.

That's probably why the going away scenes felt like it lacked any real emotion. It was pointless

Yeah disarm a military organisation who fight powerful Aliens. What could possibly go wrong. They gonna talk them into submission?

The Alex and adoption thing, the way they're developing it doesn't feel like a natural progression. Feels forced the way they are writing it

Guess she isn't that smart after all. Thank goodness for that robot or she would have been getting it on with a married man.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X