Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Babylon 5 Streaming on Amazon Prime June 2018

I don’t blame her. Season 1 is a bit of a hard sell for a newcomer.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I really, really want everything they put out, especially the chronologies and scripts.
    Yes it is pricey. I think b5historyman wrote or contributed to the Chronologies. I could be wrong, but I think I saw that somewhere. I don't have all of the books myself, but I have many, including the encyclopedia - both the books and the online access. Access to the site is much cheaper. Yes a lot of it is a rehash of info that is already out there, but not everything. Plus the high-def images and other extras are great. You should definitely look into the online edition if you don't want to go all in with the actual books. Plus the online edition has room to expand.

primarily because when the fandom was at its peak during the show's run, I was still in grade school
    Ah you youngsters. It was on at just the right time for me, while I was in college.

Definitely a good read. I think it does a really great job both at explaining in detail the technical stuff I already knew, as well as elucidating other problems that I was kind of vaguely aware of but not able to effectively put into words. It's such a shame that the moment for remastering has kind of been and gone already, but when even CBS/Star Trek mostly missed the boat on that same moment, I guess there weren't good odds that B5 would happen.

Still, maybe some day? I'm still hoping that those various allusions to the original film being stored somewhere are true. Maybe some day when Warner comes to their senses (or has a change in management culture) and CGI is even cheaper than it is now, we might get something. Hopefully.
    You never know. WB is now AT&T, so maybe there will be some positive changes for the B5 Universe.

I don’t blame her. Season 1 is a bit of a hard sell for a newcomer.
    I didn't pick up B5 until the start of Season Two, so I didn't see Season One until reruns started showing up. I love Season One more every time I see it. Unfortunately I can see why it is some times a hard sell, especially to younger audiences today. I feel one thing is very true about B5 and that is the only way for new viewers to see Season One is with guidance. If not with someone who has already seen B5 than perhaps a guide book that explains the digital effects were state of the art for Television at that time. And even little details you are seeing in Season One are going to have repercussions in Season Three. And that you have to put things into the context of the time it was being made, not from the perspective of how things are made today. And OBTW, when they are through with this series they will have seen a major contributor to why you see so many series with overall arcs, and series that claim to have overall arcs, today.

Just giving this thread a BUMP to remind everyone that Babylon 5 can be watched through Amazon Prime. I'd really like to see the numbers for this sky rocket so Amazon tells WB there is still interest in B5. SO START WATCHING!!!!!