Where can I find the transcripts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    Stargate Solutions is my 2nd pick for that reason, but there are a few errors. One I remember well is in "Enemy at the Gate." I just double-checked and they still list the rogue Wraith as "Kenny" in the credits and the dialogue, which violates rules 1-3 of the source hierarchy: On-screen dialogue refers to the rogue Wraith as Todd's underling, On-screen visual cues are different facial markings and beard, and On-screen episode credits simply state Wraith. GateWorld's doesn't assume that, as that actor portrayed 4 notable Wraith characters, who look very much alike due to the same face mold for prosthetics, but are not the same.
    Fair enough. I've definitely taken issue with visual descriptions before in various transcripts (I don't remember the specific ones or where I got them from, though), but when it comes to just transcribing the actual words used (which is what I care about when I access transcripts), I've found Stargate Solutions to be reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
      I've definitely taken issue with visual descriptions before in various transcripts
      Same here. Some transcripts cross a line into editorializing and/or assuming too much in the scene descriptions, things which are opinion and not canon, including xenophobic/objectifying/misgendering language, rather than to just state minimum facts of what is occurring on the screen to orient the scene transitions. This includes of GateWorld's, too, such as Michael and Oberoth being called "he" while Todd is misgendered "it" (which also violates rules 1-3 of the source hierarchy) and I don't care whatever the transcriptionist thinks about how Carson writes in his own personal calendar.
      Last edited by WraithTech; 25 May 2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X