• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fanatical (319)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    THE FANATICAL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 319
    A former disciple of Coville delivers a dire warning to Supergirl: the cult is searching for a way to create another Worldkiller. When the other cultists come looking for the girl Guardian's identity is exposed while protecting her, while Alex meets resistance in her attempts to help Ruby.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 June 2018, 10:40 AM.

Interesting episode. I just wonder if Kara will ever tell Lena about her true identity.
    sigpic

Comment

Kara knows how Lena feels about lying. Everyone has lied to Lena all her life and used her for their own ends so Kara shouldn't find it so surprising that she finds it hard to trust people. Would Supergirl have ever admitted what she done and asked forgiveness herself? Or did she only say sorry because she was caught out? This thing with not telling her to protect her is soft to say the least. Lena has multiple targets on her back already being a Luthor and most of those are from her own family. She is also Kara's best friend. Knowing Kara is Supergirl is going to make her more a target, especially as Cadmus already know her identity so it won't make any difference. I think that's a poor excuse for not telling Lena as all of her other friends know who she is. Supergirl used her Luthor name against her in the previous ep so saying she can't tell her to protect her IMO is an excuse to hide the real reason. She still only sees Lena as a Luthor and that's the reason she won't say anything.

Since Lena first appeared all she's ever done is try to help. She's never done anything to hurt any Aliens. In fact she saved them all in National City and also saved Supergirl by sacrificing Jack, a perffect opportunity to get rid of supergirl had she wanted to. That alone proves the kind of person she is, but all people will ever see is Luthor no matter what she does. I am glad to see Kara realising how much she screwed up when she was speaking to James. Maybe there is still hope for Supergirl/Lena to get past this and learn to trust each other again. I love the Lena/Kara friendship, I hope TPTB don't screw it up completely. It's one of the best relationships on the show behind the sister relationship

Mon-El wasn't actually half bad in this ep. This is the Mon-El we should have had from the start. Maybe it was Kreisberg's influence, who knows. But hopefully they are finally getting rid of his influence on the show

Lena and winn working together is all sorts of awesome They have much more chemistry than Lena/James have ever had. I'd love to see Lena, Winn and Brainy all working together
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Kara knows how Lena feels about lying. Everyone has lied to Lena all her life and used her for their own ends so Kara shouldn't find it so surprising that she finds it hard to trust people. Would Supergirl have ever admitted what she done and asked forgiveness herself? Or did she only say sorry because she was caught out? This thing with not telling her to protect her is soft to say the least. Lena has multiple targets on her back already being a Luthor and most of those are from her own family. She is also Kara's best friend. Knowing Kara is Supergirl is going to make her more a target, especially as Cadmus already know her identity so it won't make any difference. I think that's a poor excuse for not telling Lena as all of her other friends know who she is. Supergirl used her Luthor name against her in the previous ep so saying she can't tell her to protect her IMO is an excuse to hide the real reason. She still only sees Lena as a Luthor and that's the reason she won't say anything.

Since Lena first appeared all she's ever done is try to help. She's never done anything to hurt any Aliens. In fact she saved them all in National City and also saved Supergirl by sacrificing Jack, a perffect opportunity to get rid of supergirl had she wanted to. That alone proves the kind of person she is, but all people will ever see is Luthor no matter what she does. I am glad to see Kara realising how much she screwed up when she was speaking to James. Maybe there is still hope for Supergirl/Lena to get past this and learn to trust each other again. I love the Lena/Kara friendship, I hope TPTB don't screw it up completely. It's one of the best relationships on the show behind the sister relationship

Mon-El wasn't actually half bad in this ep. This is the Mon-El we should have had from the start. Maybe it was Kreisberg's influence, who knows. But hopefully they are finally getting rid of his influence on the show

Lena and winn working together is all sorts of awesome They have much more chemistry than Lena/James have ever had. I'd love to see Lena, Winn and Brainy all working together

I just don't how you see Lena as all "innocent and can do no wrong." She created Kryptonite and hid it until she started being honest with James. She made a device that doesn't allow Kryptonian x-ray vision to see into what ever the device is concealing, and it obviously hurt Kara when she attempted to look through it. Help...yes she is. Is that he only motive...no it is not.

I think the only reason why Kara is attempting to mend bridges is because initially Lena made it seem like things were ok between them. Then when Kara was in front of Lena as Kara...Lena spilled the beans about not trusting Supergirl.
        sigpic

Comment

Why do I feel like they're lining up Alex to bite the bullet...

Comment

First, and most importantly:

[RANT] when I turned the TV on @ 8:00 PM, why were a bunch of jocks batting a little white ball and chasing it around on the screen?

Here's a thought.. If you want to run jockstrap crap, run it at 3 am or some such, not when your prime time programming is supposed to be on. I am sick and tired of jockstrap crap taking precedence over regular programming.[/RANT]

As to the SG episode... Meh. Supergirl has no right to demand that Lena stop developing or informing her when she develops something that can harm Kryptonians. She has every right to tell Lena to go do something with herself if she does, but she doesn't have the right to dictate her behavior.

It's too bad that James ended up getting away from the bad guys. He has to figure out that he is not endowed with super abilities and is just has mortal as any other human. In the SG universe, where most of the baddies have superhuman native abilities, he's out of his league, and that lesson needs to be driven home. In a pure mortal universe, such as the "Batman" franchise, yeah, his tech can put him a leg up. But to borrow a quote from one of the best villains ever, "Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." Khan Noonian Singh, TOS episode "Space Seed".

And finally, Mon-El is gonna confess his love to Kara/Supergirl. Dollars to donuts she gets weak in the knees and falls for him again. Ungh.

Comment

Working...
            X