• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelter From the Storm (318)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    SHELTER FROM THE STORM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 318
    When Reign goes on the hunt for Ruby Alex searches out the hiding place where Lena has sent the young girl, while Supergirl and J'onn pay a visit to Sam's mother to try and protect her. The Legion prepares to depart Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 19 May 2018, 08:16 PM.

Ok, nice scene in the elevator at the end, if you can ignore Lena not knowing that she was talking to Supergirl. At this point, how can she not?

Supergirl should now be expected to be on the warpath at Lena, considering how touchy she is about Kryptonite. That ought to make for some fun in future episodes.

Or maybe Lena knows, and was just trying to get Kara to reveal her identity?

And in the high school cafeteria, it looks like Mon-El has the hots for Supergirl again. Ungh. If kara gets with him again, it's totally contrived, just for the sake of pairing someone off.

And I guess we found out what Olsen's role is...

Comment

Supergirl needs to get off her highhorse. If Superman behaved the way Supergirls been behaving I'm beginning to understand why Lex went crazy trying to kill him. Lena is right, she's acting like a god. Lena made a lot of good points. She tries to help and that's how she gets treated. No wonder she's reluctant to tell supergirl these things. Supergirl has no right to demand that Lena hands over the Kryptonite and all of it's research. She isn't a god or in charge of the World and everyone in it. All Lena ever wanted to do was help her friend and they are determined to paint her into a bad guy. If Lena does turn they'll only have themselves to blame.

I really hope they don't turn her into the female Lex.That story has beeb#n done to death. I'd rather see a Luthor for once trying to do the right thing but maybe not go the right way about it. That scene in the elevator though, I think Ledna knows Kara is SG, Kara really blew it bigtime

Odette Annable as Reign though has been a brilliant choice. She plays evil so well but at the same time you can't help root for Sam. It's a sad situation, but Alex insisting Lena tells her where Ruby is put the child in danger. The DEO sometimes can be very wreckless
      sigpic

Comment

You need to get off your high horse that Lena can do no wrong. Lena harbored a fugitive and was in possession of a deadly substance. Both are high crimes in the real world
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Supergirl needs to get off her highhorse. If Superman behaved the way Supergirls been behaving I'm beginning to understand why Lex went crazy trying to kill him. Lena is right, she's acting like a god. Lena made a lot of good points. She tries to help and that's how she gets treated. No wonder she's reluctant to tell supergirl these things. Supergirl has no right to demand that Lena hands over the Kryptonite and all of it's research. She isn't a god or in charge of the World and everyone in it. All Lena ever wanted to do was help her friend and they are determined to paint her into a bad guy. If Lena does turn they'll only have themselves to blame.

I really hope they don't turn her into the female Lex.That story has beeb#n done to death. I'd rather see a Luthor for once trying to do the right thing but maybe not go the right way about it. That scene in the elevator though, I think Ledna knows Kara is SG, Kara really blew it bigtime

Odette Annable as Reign though has been a brilliant choice. She plays evil so well but at the same time you can't help root for Sam. It's a sad situation, but Alex insisting Lena tells her where Ruby is put the child in danger. The DEO sometimes can be very wreckless
          Really...so Holy Lena can do no harm? She was just trying to "help a friend." Just because she was attempting to help someone doesn't make it right. She created a substance that makes Kryptonians feel like their skin is being seared off of their bodies. How else do you expect Kara to react?

Do, I think Kara handled the situation 100% correctly? Probably not. However, she was being sincere to Lena when she apologized, but Lena wasn't so accepting of the apology as she seemed.

Oh...and don't blame Alex for Ruby's location being discovered. If Ruby hadn't taken Alex's cell phone to call her Mom, her location wouldn't have been discovered.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You need to get off your high horse that Lena can do no wrong. Lena harbored a fugitive and was in possession of a deadly substance. Both are high crimes in the real world
          Amen. Maybe she needs a "Beating the Dead Horse" award like Annoyed?

I still haven't figured out how Lena created a piece of another planet? I guess she could analyze a piece of kryptonite to determine its chemical composition...but there are still questions as to how it would have the proper affect of an actual piece of kryptonite.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Being in posession of a deadly substance is not illegal. I have numerous such things in my home. Various cleaning products, gasoline/oil, paint, I could go on but I hope you get the point.

Harbored a fugitive, yeah, I can see that though.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              I still haven't figured out how Lena created a piece of another planet? I guess she could analyze a piece of kryptonite to determine its chemical composition...but there are still questions as to how it would have the proper affect of an actual piece of kryptonite.
              If I recall, that stunt was tried in Superman III a few decades back.. ended up badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                If I recall, that stunt was tried in Superman III a few decades back.. ended up badly.
                Because Richard Pryor added tar (as listed on his cigarette pack) as an ingredient because there was an unknown substance.
                sigpic

Comment

Being in posession of a deadly substance is not illegal. I have numerous such things in my home. Various cleaning products, gasoline/oil, paint, I could go on but I hope you get the point.

Of course it is. I'm not legally allowed to have uranium or napalm
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

True you can have those things because their intent isn't a harmful one. However, the only thing kryptonite can be used for his to harm Kryptonians.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      True you can have those things because their intent isn't a harmful one. However, the only thing kryptonite can be used for his to harm Kryptonians.
                      It doesn't matter. Unless the govt. has explicitly banned a substance, it's not illegal to own it. It's hard to draw a parallel to the real world 'cause there are no kryptonians. But if I wanted to mix various things and come up with something new which is poison to humans and has no other value, it's still not illegal, unless and until the govt. bans it. And even then, the ban would not apply to me; no ex-post-facto legislation.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ex-post-facto-law

A law that makes illegal an act that was legal when committed, increases the penalties for an infraction after it has been committed, or changes the rules of evidence to make conviction easier. The Constitution prohibits the making of ex post facto law. (See ex post facto.)
                      Has the government in National City banned Kryptonite? I don't recall every seeing a mention of such.

Comment

Working...
                      X