• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End (522)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON FIVE
    THE END
    EPISODE NUMBER - 522
    With Coulson's life hanging in the balance the team faces an impossible decision, as Talbot tries to use Robin to locate a massive Gravitonium deposit beneath the earth -- putting the entire planet in jeopardy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 June 2018, 08:48 PM.

Yeah, I don't think I really liked this one. The first half was good, but the second half just sort of felt like it fell apart.

Talbot was a bad choice for a "final" big bad. I know they kind of hung a lampshade on the fact that it was strange that it ended up being him of all people, but that still doesn't make it any better of a usage of the character. I wasn't a big fan of how they dealt with him either. They played lip service to the fact that he was a hero, but then didn't really given sufficient weight to the tragedy of being forced to kill him. I also thought Daisy quaking GraviTalbot into orbit was kind of cartoonishly silly (if she's that powerful, why doesn't she try to stop Thanos? They do know that an apocalyptic invasion of Earth is literally underway at that very moment). As was the 11th hour "Oh wait, you can change the future" reveal, but I guess that one was unavoidable. Fitz's death was kind of sudden and jarring, but I don't think I fully bought it. Then again, Gemma's husband, the character we knew for the past season is legit dead, and they didn't really try to get in to all the weird implications of there being two of him due to time travel.

Plus, given what they did earlier in the season, these last two episodes kind of left people wondering about an Infinity War tie in appearing at any moment. And given that they never delivered on that, I imagine it left a lot of people disappointed, including me. I know it wouldn't really make sense, given the ending they wrote, but they kind of have themselves to blame for setting up expectations. Honestly, this second half of the season kind of seemed to meander around. Lots of things were introduced and then dropped and lots of things just became very important very rapidly.

This kind of reinforces my belief that at this point that being connected to the MCU movie continuity has become a handicap for both movies and show.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 19 October 2018, 02:13 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I liked the finally for the most part. Especially the stuff with Coulson. I was in a way glad that they kind of ignored the movies as it would have not made any sense in the show and at this point they took the story in such a different direction it would have destroyed the arc of this season. This is coming from someone who loved Infinity Wars and can't wait to see what happens. I think the show almost couldn't follow it, as they can't reveal what happened, which would make it hard to write a potentially series finally. They had to give a proper ending for the characters, in case they didn't get renewed. Which makes me wonder if they are going to air season 6 after the next movie comes out because of this?

I however, agree that the episode was kind of rushed and they made Daisy to powerful. I feel like if that was the case the avengers would have trying to get her, as she works for Shield already. I know they had her take whatever Coulson was supposed to take which magnified her powers.
      sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode. I liked how Daisy attacked Talbot that was pretty cool. She's definitely very powerful now I wonder how they'll scale her back. I cat wait for fitz to come back I was confused for a moment but then it clicked how they wil save him.(time is weird)
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Presumably the centipede stuff only has short term effects, she was probably back to normal by the end scene.

If they follow doctor who time travel rules then they cannot save Fitz as if they go and pluck him out of the stasis pod then the Fitz they just saw die would cease to exist since he needs to complete that loop to be there, and frankly I would rather they left him dead and explained away Gemma being pregnant already (I.e. The reason she puked a few episodes ago was morning sickness) than they bring him back, it just cheapens the entire story if they magically pull Fitz out of a stasis pod in the lighthouse.

Comment

OK, so I finally watched the finale.
            I really liked how this went.
            The ending scene where they were drinking and saying goodbye, I thought that was all happening in a new framework made for a dead Coulson to live in. I mean that was a way to save him and a way for them to keep him among them.

It took me sometime to understand they were referring to the Fitz in stasis.
            Oh and the Fitz dying scene was amazing. That's a talented actor right there.

I really couldn't see it ending any other way. The loop had to be broken because if it hadn't been, then there would be nothing left to say in season 6. This way they cleared the way for any plot they choose to go with and they set aside any limitations.

I'm glad they are coming back for a sixth season and I really liked the scene where they reminisced about the old times.

Comment

Working...
            X