No announcement yet.

Star Trek 4: News/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe to say this is due to Chris Pine walking?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Not that I know any more than you do, but given that it was supposed to be a Pine/Hemsworth vehicle and both of them walked, I think that's a safe assumption.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Reports are emerging that Paramount has finally just cancelled the film outright.
        looks that way

https://trekmovie.com/2019/01/08/rep...ay-be-shelved/

Comment

I didn't expect to hear anything about this movie again....and then I did.

Paramount Setting Noah Hawley To Write & Direct Next Star Trek Film

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures is in final talks with Noah Hawley to write and direct the next Star Trek film. Through his 26 Keys production banner he will produce along with JJ Abrams and his Bad Robot banner. I don’t have too much more to report on the film, but my understanding is Hawley will helm the fourth film in this iteration of the venerable franchise, with the Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg and Karl Urban.

In addition to his groundbreaking series Legion, Hawley serves as executive producer, writer, director and showrunner on FX’s Emmy-winning limited series Fargo. He currently is in production on the fourth season, which stars Chris Rock, with Hawley directing the first episodes. Both series are produced under Hawley’s 26 Keys Production banner.

Hawley made his feature film directorial debut on Lucy in the Sky, which premiered at Toronto before Fox Searchlight released in the fall. The film stars Natalie Portman, Jon Hamm, Dan Stevens, Zazie Beetz, Pearl Amanda Dickson, Tig Notaro and Ellen Burstyn and chronicles the emotional post-mission deterioration of an astronaut (Portman). Hawley also has written Fargo: This Is a True Story, a companion book to the first three seasons of the series, published by Grand Central Publishing last month. Also a best-selling author, Hawley has published five novels: A Conspiracy of Tall Men, Other People’s Weddings, The Punch, The Good Father and most recently the bestseller Before the Fall. Hawley began his TV career on Bones and then created, exec produced and was showrunner for ABC’s My Generation and The Unusuals. He seems to be in a similar place to where Abrams was when he directed his first Mission: Impossible film and then moved to Star Trek and Star Wars pics.

Paramount’s most recent Star Trek entry was Star Trek Beyond, the 2016 film that was directed by Fast & Furious 6 director Justin Lin.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yay yay yay yay yaaaaaaay!

Wonder if this is partially due to the reunification of Paramount and CBS/Viacom.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It's been more than 10 minutes since the last one was made. Some idiot will no doubt want to reboot it again.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Yay yay yay yay yaaaaaaay!

Wonder if this is partially due to the reunification of Paramount and CBS/Viacom.
                I'm honestly really puzzled at this turn of events. With the unfortunate death of Anton Yelchin, and the departures of both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine from the previous version of this movie, as well as the career paths of the other actors, it kind of seems like everybody has moved on at this point.

And then there's the CBS/Paramount re-merger factor. When the two companies were separate, there were legal requirements down the the percentage that similar elements had to be made different by each company. I'm sure that played a part in why the Kelvin films were so starkly visually different from previous Trek.

But now that they're back under one roof, and the restrictions are gone, and the cast has moved on....what is the point of continuing with the alternate timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I'm honestly really puzzled at this turn of events. With the unfortunate death of Anton Yelchin, and the departures of both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine from the previous version of this movie, as well as the career paths of the other actors, it kind of seems like everybody has moved on at this point.

And then there's the CBS/Paramount re-merger factor. When the two companies were separate, there were legal requirements down the the percentage that similar elements had to be made different by each company. I'm sure that played a part in why the Kelvin films were so starkly visually different from previous Trek.

But now that they're back under one roof, and the restrictions are gone, and the cast has moved on....what is the point of continuing with the alternate timeline?
                  From what I understand Chris Pine may be back on board. Though like all things in Hollywood that might not be a sure thing. As with Yelchin they didn't have an intent of continuing Chechov even before the film got cancelled previously.

As far as I'm concerned there's no reason not to continue the new timeline. It exists and is perfectly valid as an alternate universe to the prime timeline.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I saw this video on IMDB so I thought I would post a link to it:
                    Where 'Star Trek 4' Should Boldly Go

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                    X