Normally I'm all for keeping subjects confined to one thread, but since this is a big culmination of the MCU until now I thought maybe we should try to make sure we keep all possible spoilers out of the main thread until a later date...
So I just got home from seeing this. Wow. A lot to process, and I'm not sure I've collected all my thoughts yet.
Scattered thoughts I have right now:
- I think the obvious statement here is that a lot of the ending is going to end up being reversed - not least because a number of the dead characters are already lined up to appear in future films. The expect the obvious method is going to come from the Time Stone, the Reality Stone, or both.
- RED SKULL! I F***ING CALLED IT THAT HE'D REAPPEAR IN INFINITY WAR AGES AGO!
- Not enough Shuri sass
- Loved the post-credits tease ("motherf-"*dissolves into ash* ), but since the Captain Marvel movie is going to be set in the 90s, I'm curious why she's been absent from this world for 20odd years?
- Thor was absolutely hilarious through this whole movie. I can't believe it took them until Ragnarok/this movie to figure out a) how to write Thor funny; and b) that Chris Hemsworth can totally pull it off
- Was a little surprised they killed off Thanos's minion (the one who abducted Dr Strange) so soon. That guy had potential
- Instead of Tony and Peter trying to yank off the gauntlet while Mantis was subduing Thanos, why didn't Tony just use one of his suit lasers to slice off Thanos's arm?