Infinity War post-viewing discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    More like Thanos let go. He would have only killed half the people on the ship.
    Yes that is true, but Valkyrie at the very least may not of left without a fight. Thor may have told her to go regardless.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yeah, she did accept him as King in the end, so it's very possible she could have obeyed an order to protect a fleeing escape ship.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hopefully Part 2 will have answers...

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          I thought that as well, but James Gunn wants Gamorra to have a leading role in GOTG Vol 3, so unless she's cyborged up the Wazoo like Nebula, the pre snap concept does not work.
          I've read online that she might get brought back because of the soul stone. If someone saves the people that were dusted she might be saved as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            You had Peter Parker, still determined to impress Stark and help out only for him to get in over his head and revert to the scared 16 year old kid he really is in the end (that broke my heart)
            You know what makes this part even more crushing? We know from his first scene in the movie that his spider-sense is fully functional. So even before he himself started to dissolve, he knew instinctively that everything had gone catastrophically wrong, and then it started to happen to him too
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              You know what makes this part even more crushing? We know from his first scene in the movie that his spider-sense is fully functional. So even before he himself started to dissolve, he knew instinctively that everything had gone catastrophically wrong, and then it started to happen to him too
              Mr. Stark...I don't feel so good...

Yep...He knew it was coming cause of his spidey sense. It was probably firing on all cylinders trying to warn him of the danger but he obviously couldn't do anything about it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                So in those opening minutes of Infinity War, when Thor and Loki and Hulk were getting beaten--where the hell were Korg and Valkyrie?
                The yellow round shape ship of the Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum) was on the top of the escaping ship at the end of Thor:Ragnarok, but it is missing from Infinity War. So I believe Valkyrie has flown away as there was a time jump between the exploding of Asgard and crowning of the new king and the celebration between the Thor and Loki then the arrival of Thanos.

SPOILERS?
                Tom Holland has signed for 6 Spiderman movies (3 Avengers and 3 own adventures), while Bucky (Sebastian Stan) has also signed a contract for 9 movies. They have also announced half-officially the Black Panther 2 and Dr. Strange 2, so nothing to worry, they will be saved. Obviously they can not talk about phase 4 before the next Avengers is aired in 2019.

And we all know that nobody can really die in a scifi. That is a basic rule. Time travel, cloning, alternative reality etc. Anything can happen. Maybe the souls are locked in the Soul Stone, but they can change it back.

What I believe will happen that we all know the actors want to quit the MCU who plays Ironman, Thor and Captain America. I believe they will go back in time and they will sacrifice themselves for the others. I believe Captain America has grown a beard only to no confuse the viewers when he is going to meet with the past himself. We don't know yet. But I still hope the characters can be written off other way (like Ironman retires after he learns he is going to be a father, Thor rebuilds Asgard, Captain America retires and gives his shield to Bucky). That would be the nicest outcome, while we could have new Avengers in the team : Captain Marvel, Wasp and Antman. And there were spoilers where Hawkeye is aheading too...
                Last edited by Platschu; 06 May 2018, 12:08 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well.......................
                  The writers have said that everyone is dead jim, and they are very, very adamant that that is the case. So, lets assume that they are telling the truth, they are indeed all dead, except for who survives.

That puts us at a certain quandary point given that we know via meta knowledge that these Actors and characters are contracted to make more films, so lets put out some theories

1: They use the time stone or equivalent to reverse time and stop Thanos, everybody lives, hooray!!??
                  I don't like this one, and I find it rather unlikely given it directly contradicts what the writers have said, and would really cheapen the deaths shown on screen.

2: The people that died in the snap were not who we think they are, they are actually Skrull clones.
                  This one is somewhat interesting, and could certainly tie into Captain Marvel and the Kree/Skrull war, and our next generation hero's are somewhere out in space. It also would play into the notion of Avengers 4 being part of that war (and also bring in Kang as a new villain). Somewhat believable, but still a little "cheap"

3:Tony finds a way for the old guard to travel to another dimension in which Thanos still wins, but the people who died survived, and the people who live die instead and the return of the old guard in the post snap universe allow the new avengers to defeat Thanos -before- he jets off to his cabin in the sun.
                  I like this one the most as the deaths are still "real", and I find it the most plausible way to (engage Meta-Knowledge drives) not lie to people about the deaths being real, and provide a real, logical way for the MCU to suddenly have access to properties it did not have before the FOX merger.
                  Why no mutants in the MCU?
                  Different universe.
                  Why no Fantastic 4
                  Different universe.
                  By putting the MCU, via canon movie into a different universe/reality, you solve that particular problem, and it makes perfect sense.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Obviously the writers can't say that "ohh they are dead, but we will bring them back". Technically they are dead, but it doesn't mean they can not be rescued.

I also expect that officially the mutants will come back with the new reality. But as far as I have heard the gossips the agreements still haven't settled down with Sony and since they have already shot the next Avengers (and the Captain Marvel), they won't include such changes to the MCU yet.

I have never read the comics. Can it happen that Hela = Lady Death? That would be an interesting plot twist, but Thanos was not really worried about her after the events of Ragnarok, so I doubt that we will see her again.

Or if they travel back in time, maybe they could rescue Quicksilver too. There was a gossip that maybe he will have a cameo in the next Avengers, but we will see.

I couldn't understand Thanos' plan either. Why is it good for him to kill half of the universe? I mean he is worried about overpopulation, but why does he believe it won't happen again in time? The surviving half of the universe can still overpopulate the galaxy...
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

http://collider.com/infinity-war-sou...gamora/#images
                      Gamora is now linked to the soul stone apparently, so could be how shee comes back in the next film.

Comment

Trailer incoming on Wednesday/Thursday apparently after last weeks disappointment!

Comment

Its here!

Comment

Superbowl trailer
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 04 February 2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

You already created an Endgame thread.

Comment

Oops, did this on my phone. Forgot Id created a thread

Comment

Working...
                                X