Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Resistance (premieres fall 2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen up to episode 4 but cant find episode 5 "The High Tower" anywhere to watch

Its been a fun series so far.

Comment

Not that this thread has been getting a great deal of traffic....

c/o Kilgarrah, here's the Season 1.5 trailer:

And it has been renewed for Season 2.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So...this most recent episode is set literally 1 day before The Force Awakens begins, and there are still four more episodes in the season (with a second season in the pipe). So, lots of cool lead-up and tie-in going on here.

If you haven't given the show a try yet, please do. While the first episode or two are like any show's beginning--a little rocky because it has to do world-building--it settles into a fun groove pretty quickly. A lot of the beginning of the show is kind of...the story of a bunch of people out on an island outpost in the ass end of nowhere, and all the day-to-day problems are caused by the people of the platform. But things start to shift, and it slowly but deeply ties itself into the larger story leading up to The Force Awakens.

The setting is lovely, the characters are endlessly charming, and I really love the story they're telling. If I have to pick a frustration I have with it, it's that I hate only getting 22 minutes of show (subtracting commercials) a week. I'm so invested, I want it all now
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Im still struggling to find somewhere to watch this show, everywhere I look is missing the episode I want.

Really want to watch it!

Comment

Wow. What an amazing finale. Those final 3 episodes were amazing. Suddenly the show is not so corny anymore.

Comment

Seriously! I mean I really enjoyed the show right from the start - I loved the silliness of people in isolation just getting up to their own silliness. Given the setting, it kind of felt like going on vacation.

But that entire second half of the season, leading up to and then tying into Force Awakens, wow. Just wow.

Comment

I had the same feeling going into Rebels then it turned out to be great. That's why I expect great things from Resistance.
                The character Yaeger really grew on me. So did CB-23

Comment

The trailer for Season 2 (apparently the final season ) came out yesterday:

Premieres October 6.

Comment

Its been added to Disney+ here in the UK now, couldn't find it before so maybe it was added on May 4th so this will be next to watch after I've finished the last season of the clone wars!

Comment

Well, finally finished the first season and while it has shorter and more fun episodes this show is just like The Clone Wars and Rebels. Takes a few episodes to find its feet then just keeps getting better! Loved the fact it ties into TFA and cant wait for season 2!

Comment

Working...
                      X