Post Schott Through the Heart (314)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    SCHOTT THROUGH
    THE HEART

EPISODE NUMBER - 314
    After the death of his criminal father Winn’s estranged mother returns after twenty years — but it soon becomes clear that the Toyman’s vengeance may be reaching out from beyond the grave. Alex visits J’onn and and his father at home, but grows concerned about Myr’nn’s recent behavior.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 18th, 2018 at 10:29 PM.

Default Re: Schott Through the Heart (314)

Well it was a soso episode. It wasn't bad but wasn't great either. The Karaoke scenes were cringy as hell. Laurie Melcalf was good as Winn's mum, but I really thought this show was called Supergirl. And she couldn't get out of packaging? Really? Also can anyone just wander around the DEO these days? For something that should have top security it's like bloody Disneyland. Just come on in and have a wander around. You want a gun? Sure help yourself

So glad we got to see a glimpse of Lena (love the hair btw ). I really hope she can save Sam, It's Sam's only chance to be saved is with Lena

Well...I enjoyed the episode. Thought it was good to see everyone back. I will agree that the Karaoke scenes needed to go, but they were still fun in a way.

I did wonder why Supergirl could break out of the plastic container she was in. I wonder what it was made from?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Well it was a soso episode. It wasn't bad but wasn't great either. The Karaoke scenes were cringy as hell. Laurie Melcalf was good as Winn's mum, but I really thought this show was called Supergirl. And she couldn't get out of packaging? Really? Also can anyone just wander around the DEO these days? For something that should have top security it's like bloody Disneyland. Just come on in and have a wander around. You want a gun? Sure help yourself

So glad we got to see a glimpse of Lena (love the hair btw ). I really hope she can save Sam, It's Sam's only chance to be saved is with Lena
    The whole show is taking on the aspect of a high school clique where Supergirl, the DEO, super powers and such are just props, rather than a story about Supergirl, or a secret protective organization.

And the open weapons locker was just as bad as the lack of consequences for various people screwing up in previous shows.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post

Really? You're complaining that someone besides Kara had a story? Its not like Winn gets a lot of stories about him. I think the point of the packaging was she had no oxygen but I will admit they overdramatized hypoxia
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Really? You're complaining that someone besides Kara had a story? Its not like Winn gets a lot of stories about him. I think the point of the packaging was she had no oxygen but I will admit they overdramatized hypoxia
    She has superstrength. She lifted a submarine, she lifted Fort Rozz, but she couldn't get out of packaging made by a wannabe Toymaker when all it took was a tail from a toy Dinosaur to break it? How dumb do they think we are

If it was a better storyline then fair enough, but it wasn't written well at all

Still needs to breathe. Her muscles won't work just like ours without oxygen
    Jelgate is right

Still needs to breathe. Her muscles won't work just like ours without oxygen
    But...I have seen Superman fly into space. There's no oxygen there. Additionally...they fly into the ocean and there's no oxygen there.

^-- What he said.

In addition, how long was she in that toywrapper? Human beings can hold their breath for that long.

However, I have to credit that it may have been a comment on modern packaging. Sometimes it can be quite a chore to unpackage some item that you've purchased.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    But...I have seen Superman fly into space. There's no oxygen there. Additionally...they fly into the ocean and there's no oxygen there.
    Comic books can be confusing. Superheroes get rebooted and retcoon constantly. Superman is probably the worse offender of this. You are right in the context of the old school comics. The more modern ones have made it clear that Superman still needs oxygen.
    Jelgate is right

Comic books can be confusing. Superheroes get rebooted and retcoon constantly. Superman is probably the worse offender of this. You are right in the context of the old school comics. The more modern ones have made it clear that Superman still needs oxygen.
    It wasn't just demonstrated in comic books. In the 1978 Superman film, Superman went into space and flew around the world fast enough to reverse the flow of time so that Lois Lane's car never went into the crevasse and she was killed.

Also, during next film, General Zod and his followers were shown in space and on the moon.

Nah, there have been too many onscreen and other references to Kryptonians in space w/out space suits. Lack of air couldn't have been the explanation for Supergirl's inability to break out.

Maybe it was kryptonite infused plastic?

Kryptonite is always green

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Kryptonite is always green
    Wrong!

Well, it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Well, it usually is.
    There were a few sites that listed many more colors than the graphic I posted.

I think if memory serves there are a few different forms of Kryptonite that are different colours and have different reactions for Kryptonians

Anyway a simple plastic wrapping should be nothing to Supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    There were a few sites that listed many more colors than the graphic I posted.
    Like many things, Annoyed ignores modern information for his 60s information.
    Jelgate is right

Like many things, Annoyed ignores modern information for his 60s information.
    As always...you're right!