• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Out Here (403)

Visit the Episode GuideFEAR THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FOUR
    GOOD OUT HERE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 403
    After the S.W.A.T. van crashes the two groups form an uneasy alliance to find a way to get it back on the road, while Nick and Morgan learn how far they can -- or cannot -- trust one another when Nick sets out on a quest for revenge.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2018, 10:35 PM.

I just got around to watching this episode. I hate that Nick was killed off because he was one of my favorites on the show, but, as I understand it, the actor wanted to leave. I loved all the scenes between Nick and Morgan and it's disappointing that there won't be any more of those. So far, I really like how they are jumping back and forth between the past and the present this season. I think it adds a bit of mystery to what's going on and what happened to get these people to where they are now. Oh, and I really like Al so far too.
    sigpic

Comment

Well the actor either hated working in America or has a golden handshake deal somewhere because aside from Fear and a single Harry Potter film, he doesn't exactly have a stellar resume to fall back on, I was surprised, like last season, they managed to keep the death under wraps and have no leaks at all.

Will miss the character, he was the show basically.

Comment

Totally agree with this, their best character just got nullified.

I briefly watched Talking Dead and as Mr. Wraith mentioned the producers did mention the actor wanted out. That being said, I thought the way they killed him off was really lame. Made me think of Breaking Bad when the Cartel Kiddo shoots Combo on the streets in a botched way. There was no climax involved and overall felt rushed.

I was literally like at the randomness of this death.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Mr. Wraith? Is that me? I'm a Ms. In the EW interview I read (I think it was EW anyway), the actor mentioned that he was homesick and that he wanted to pursue other roles since he felt that he'd done as much as he could with Nick (or something like that).

In a way, I liked the randomness of Nick's death, I liked that there was no big buildup to it. I even liked that it was that little girl because it made it even sadder since Nick wanted to save her.
          Last edited by VampyreWraith; 07 May 2018, 01:39 PM. Reason: Typo
          sigpic

Comment

Please accept my apologies, Ms. I guess you are right in a way, in this world you never know when the axe is going to drop!
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The actor also suffers terribly from anxiety, which isn't a problem when filming but can, and by all accounts has become an issue when it comes to promotional events, there was some story about when he landed the Harry Potter role he didn't want it and his dad essentially took another role in the film to help him through it, I wonder if all this has taken a toll on him, wouldn't be surprised to find the 'perusing other roles' just involves dissolving into obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                The actor also suffers terribly from anxiety, which isn't a problem when filming but can, and by all accounts has become an issue when it comes to promotional events, there was some story about when he landed the Harry Potter role he didn't want it and his dad essentially took another role in the film to help him through it, I wonder if all this has taken a toll on him, wouldn't be surprised to find the 'perusing other roles' just involves dissolving into obscurity.
                Interesting and thanks for the info Ian, I didn't know that. Seems odd to me somebody with anxiety problems would pick actor as a profession, but hey anxiety can affect everybody!
                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                X