• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Storybrooke (722)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON SEVEN
    LEAVING STORYBROOKE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 722
    Wish Rumple's evil plan is revealed and Regina realizes the only hope to stop him is by turning Wish Henry from his path for vengeance. Meanwhile, Tilly and Margot try to get help in Storybrooke. With his hope of ever being reunited with Belle fading, Weaver struggles to find a way to defeat his evil alter ego; and when Rogers' life is threatened, he is faced with the ultimate sacrifice. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 May 2018, 02:43 PM.

Well, at least they left it at that. I got to admit, this Season still got me interrested near the end. This whole alternate Storyline thing was a bad idea from the start and it shows especially with the second Rumple and Henry showing up, not to mention the 2 Hooks. So yeah, thats a low point.

However how Regina resolved the seperation was perfect. All Realms connected back in Storybrooke was perfect. I dont think that Reginas end was quite that happy, since she finally got accepted as a good Queen, but never got Robin back. With everything that happend she deserved better.

All in all, I am still angry that they screwed with the happy beginning they had before, but this end really seemed somewhat better. If it was possible I would delete this Season and replace the previous end with this one or mix them. I am still thankful to the writers for all these Years of awesome Stories, I will miss Storybrooke.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I loved this season and I thought it was an ingenious use of the Wish Realm to allow the actor for hook to stick around.

I was really interested in seeing some of the threads started this season to spread out over additional seasons.

But I liked this episode as an ending way more than the previous season, whose ending felt rushed and "prophecy" of what good and evil does coming out of nowhere.

Sad to see it go, but they milked what they had pretty well. Hopefully, there will be an animated or comic-book based continuation for the new characters.

Comment

It did become very fanfiction-y the more it went on, but I liked that they tried to tie up as many loose ends as possible, like the prophecy from season 2, Lily, Rumple's redemption etc.
        The only drawback was that they basically had to drop everything introduced in season 7 to focus on the original cast, as exemplified in the scene where Facilier was unceremoniously killed off to make Robert Carlyle the final villain even though the two had identical motivations - get the Dark One's dagger.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
        X