Default FCD Presents: Cal Mah - Unofficial Stargate Convention - November 16 – November 18

https://www.facebook.com/events/1400585250048236/

I just booked my tickets! I've been pretty disappointed the Chevron events have stopped so I was really excited to see this show up on my feed. Really excited!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: FCD Presents: Cal Mah - Unofficial Stargate Convention - November 16 – November 1

A wee too expensive for the guests they have...

And it's a first time event.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Default Re: FCD Presents: Cal Mah - Unofficial Stargate Convention - November 16 – November 1

The bottom text says the event supports a charity. How fine! Have they announced the beneficiaries?

That is wonderful Aylam will be there for SGO. He seems to be active in a lot of caring causes, such as the helping the homeless and animal sanctuaries, and cares about his roles and the fans and even has an acting studio. Some actors are just in it for the paycheck and others for the art.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTech View Post
    The bottom text says the event supports a charity. How fine! Have they announced the beneficiaries?
    If I remember correctly, because I did read about it, it's for a heart-defect charity and research. But don't quote me on my shady memory here (I'm also currently boiling over so not entirely thinking straight).

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTech View Post
    That is wonderful Aylam will be there for SGO. He seems to be active in a lot of caring causes, such as the helping the homeless and animal sanctuaries, and cares about his roles and the fans and even has an acting studio. Some actors are just in it for the paycheck and others for the art.
    He's a really great guy. I love his tweets and his Brücke tweets are chuckle-worthy.

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Thanks, I checked it out and found better versions of the costume pics that were up on Instagram. The "May the 4th be with you, fools" caption made me laugh.

Connor Trinneer has been added to the line-up too! Don't think I've seen a UK based Stargate convention with this many guests!

Still not a line up I'd pay that much money for.

I've got Jennifer Morrisson to look forward to in September. I don't need a bunch of Stargate guests anymore to make my convention year.

This is the one we are going to this year:
    http://www.supanova.com.au/events/sydney-2018/guests/
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    This is the one we are going to this year:
    http://www.supanova.com.au/events/sydney-2018/guests/
    Oh wow... that's definitely a line-up I would love to see.

Stephen Amell, especially. He is an amazing guest to have and to see. He's incredible, and I really hope they'll get him over to our little country some day.

Well, regardless of the tangents about other conventions, Cal Mah has nearly sold out. I'm really chuffed to see them continue adding to the guest list and it's already looking bigger than any of the Chevron events I've previously been to.

I'm excited for this and glad to see Stargate specific events haven't disappeared from the UK circuit. I was really gutted after Chevron ended. It was the first my girlfriend had been able to attend and it ended. I understand why they made the choice but it also makes the big guest list for Cal Mah even more exciting for us - and a lot of people within the UK too, evidently!

Small guests yes...

But like I said, it's way too expensive for the guests they have.

Plus it would also mean travel costs, and holidays to book. In which case, the guest list really isn't worth the cost of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Connor Trinneer has been added to the line-up too! Don't think I've seen a UK based Stargate convention with this many guests!
    And he cancelled because apparently he has a commitment to another event.

That raised alarm bells with me. If he's under contract with another event, he would not have have been able to sign a contract with FCD, or at least not a definite contract. Therefore, his announcement looks to me like a misleading bit of advertising in order to get tickets sold.

At the same time they've added one of the Legacy authors, Malcolms or whatever her name is -- Sally something, and a local talent who played a Jaffa.

I wouldn't be surprised, if more cancellations were to follow between now and November.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, if more cancellations were to follow between now and November.
    While cancellations are out of people's control, having 2 events booked on the same weekend, seems like a lame excuse. I haven't even heard what other event that might be. Connor was a draw for me, but I have already met him. I'm interested in seeing David Blue and Torri Higginson. I hope neither of them cancels, because I am now committed in going and it's not exactly around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoschi View Post
    While cancellations are out of people's control, having 2 events booked on the same weekend, seems like a lame excuse. I haven't even heard what other event that might be. Connor was a draw for me, but I have already met him. I'm interested in seeing David Blue and Torri Higginson. I hope neither of them cancels, because I am now committed in going and it's not exactly around the corner.
    Unless Cal Mah hadn't actually signed any contracts, then it would be plausible.

It's not uncommon to sell tickets first and see if a certain amount can be met before committing to guests. It's certainly an odd way of doing things but not uncommon.

Alexis Cruz has been added as the final guest!

For anyone going -- this has lost their original venue but found a new one -- a football stadium in Leicester City.