Possible Babylon 5 2018 San Diego Comic Con Fan Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Babylon 5 2018 San Diego Comic Con Fan Panel

Jan announced over on JMS News that she has submitted an application for a "25 Years of Babylon 5" (Title pending) discussion panel at this year's San Diego Comic Con.

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread...163#post177163

She has to get approved and she likely won't know either way until it is much closer to the Con. So anyone who is planning to attend SDCC should get in touch with her and let her know or you can contact me and I will let her know. If you don't plan to attend you should still get in touch with her and show your support in whatever way you see fit.

1. If you are going to be at SDCC you need to let her know.
    2. If you are not going to be there then try to spread the word or come up with ideas on how to spread the word.
    3. If you are not going to be there then come up with some cool ideas you think could be included.
    4. If you are not going to be there then come up with any idea of how to show your support, even if it is just wishing Jan good luck. Letting her know there are many people who are with her, even if it is just in spirit, is always important.

Please keep in mind that this may not happen. They could reject her application, but if they do accept her panel we should be ready to lend her a hand in any way we can.

Had to give this thread a little 'bump' to be sure everyone sees it. No updates yet, but it is still early.

Comment

Just keeping those who are planning to attend SDCC posted it looks like my friend was not granted permission to hold her Babylon 5 25TH Anniversary panel at SDCC this year. Not only that she also could not get them to recognize the 25TH Anniversary in the Collector's Book they do every year. I don't know if she mentioned it to them too late or if they just didn't want to squeeze it in.

Comment

If you are at SDCC 2018 look for a lady wearing a "MAKE AMERICA KIND AGAIN" lanyard. She'll love to discuss Babylon 5 with you. Her name is Jan and she is the one who was denied a Babylon 5 panel at SDCC 2018.

Comment

That's a shame, that they turned her down. It seems really odd that they would, especially this year when some of the heavy-hitter franchises are sitting SDCC out.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            That's a shame, that they turned her down. It seems really odd that they would, especially this year when some of the heavy-hitter franchises are sitting SDCC out.
            There is always next year.

In 2013 Phoenix Con held The Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary to mark twenty years since THE GATHERING (1993 PILOT) aired. In very early 2014 Space City Con in Houston (technically held in Galveston, TX that year) hosted their Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Con. Now if you asked the planners of Space City Con they might not know they did this, but it could be argued their Con was celebrating the 20TH Anniversary of the airing of Season One Episode One MIDNIGHT ON THE FIRING LINE. Point being, SDCC 2019 could recognize B5 25 next year and claim they were celebrating the airing of MIDNIGHT ON THE FIRING LINE. It is a stretch to me, but as I pointed out, there is precedence.

Comment

Working...
            X