Star Trek Discovery Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Discovery Season 2

Looks like Section 31 will be making an appearance! I thought it was a bit odd that the Admiral tried to use the Discovery crew to blow up Qo'noS rather then Section 31.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    Looks like Section 31 will be making an appearance! I thought it was a bit odd that the Admiral tried to use the Discovery crew to blow up Qo'noS rather then Section 31.
    Section 31 operates through Starfleet Admirals. In Inter Arma Silent Legis in DS9 Admiral Ross was entirely in on Section 31's plan to set up a spy in the Romulan Government. And I highly suspect Admiral Pressman's Phase Cloak in TNG had S31 backing. So for all we know Cromwell's plan in Discovery was created by S31 in the first place.

Personally I reckon S31 still hasa strong influence on the Discovery itself anyway. It would explain both the registry number and the Security Staff with black badges which were pointed out.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Deleted scene from finale: ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Bonus Scene Reveals A Familiar Storyline For Season Two

Comment

Season 2 begins filming today.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Comic-Con this weekend. Schedule.
          Discovery has a panel in the large Hall H on Friday. Maybe we'll get a teaser.
          Over 50 years ago, the world was first introduced to what would quickly become a cultural phenomenon. Star Trek inspired developments in science and technology, broke social barriers, and transported viewers around the globe to new adventures and uncharted frontiers. Last fall, Star Trek: Discovery continued that tradition and followed the voyages of Starfleet aboard the U.S.S. Discovery. The cast and producers of this CBS All Access series look back on season 1 and find out where the crew is headed as it transports into its second season. Cast members scheduled to appear include Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Shazad Latif, Mary Wiseman, Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo and Anson Mount alongside executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin. The panel will be moderated by series guest star Tig Notaro, who will appear as chief engineer Reno. Season 1 of Star Trek: Discovery is now streaming on CBS All Access.
          Other Star Trek panels at TrekMovie.

Comment

well if they are not back stabbed and keep thier guns going, they should improve drastically this season, but will they get cold feet and cancel it? it is a strong potential series but if they get screwed up by financers who panick without realizing how great eneterprize was after they got past that wierd time war arc, which wasnt bad but was just not the usual startrek people were always wanting, but it was cool for rewatches on netflix hulu etc even amazon and youtube

Comment

...what
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The first season is still being a big draw for CBS All Access (or whatever it's called) so unless season 2 tanks I doubt there's too much risk at the moment. Everyone on the show is very enthusiastic and there is a lot of buzz around star trek in general at the moment. The prospect of a second tv series and even two movies being planned at the same time (ok, one of those will almost certainly fall through but still).

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Section 31 operates through Starfleet Admirals. In Inter Arma Silent Legis in DS9 Admiral Ross was entirely in on Section 31's plan to set up a spy in the Romulan Government. And I highly suspect Admiral Pressman's Phase Cloak in TNG had S31 backing. So for all we know Cromwell's plan in Discovery was created by S31 in the first place.

Personally I reckon S31 still hasa strong influence on the Discovery itself anyway. It would explain both the registry number and the Security Staff with black badges which were pointed out.
                  The incident in the Lantaru sector where an experiment in the 23rd century on Omega molecules went awry and destroyed subspace in the whole sector was backed by S31 as well. There's a story about that incident in the S31 series of novels, the first of which dealt with this incident in which the original Enterprise was involved

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4uWYcv5vQQ

Oh I am so psyched for this!

Comment

So has anyone got any ideas on trailer clues?
                      "You don't know half of it".
                      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Hard to guess. There's a lot of mystery and sense of exploration behind it which I like. Certainly gives the impression of much more classic Star Trek. Also as an aside I love how Anson Mount looks as Pike. I mean if you look at him and Jeffrey Hunter in the role side by side there is a real uncanny similarity there. I did note that he does seem fairly enthusiastic and eager as a Captain. The line about getting out there and ruffling some feathers is interesting, mainly because if The Cage still comes before Discovery then he has clearly fully got over the fatigue he had for being Captain in the pilot. (If you've not seen The Cage, Pike was considering leaving Starfleet because his orders had got a crew member killed on a recent mission. The Cage is supposed to have happened in 2254 while Discovery is set in 2256-7.)

We know from previous statements that this season will centre a lot on exploration and also feature and examination of faith in many different forms... A religious aspect might be quite telling given the silhouette of that rather... creepified Angel/ winged creature near the beginning of the trailer. Also at some point Section 31 will come up. Given what Pike states about it being unknown whether the apparent bursts were a welcome or an intention of malice I'm wondering if S31 will come into it and assume for the sake of the federation that they are a threat and do what they can to intervene, possibly through Discovery itself (I'm still arguing that Discovery has some tight ties to 31).

It's also confirmed that Ash Tyler will make an appearence even though we don't see him in the trailer so there's a strong possibility the Klingons will investigate the cause of the bursts at the same time.

I am wondering what those pods Pike and Burnham are flying are. They appear to be launched from Discovery but specifically like BSG style fighter bays... Maybe a type of manned probe... Maybe even a type of Starfleet fighter... I'll hold judgement on them.

Otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm guessing Burnham has some sort of realisation about the bursts that make her realise that Spock must be involved somehow. I don't see how else she'd reach the conclusion that just because he's on leave that it must be because of them.

There's also no real special significance the 7 objects spanning 30000 lights years that I know of other than 30000 is about a 5th of the size of the Milky Way... I am wondering if the 7 bursts are say... some kind of guide markers showing the borders of a civilisation's space... if that's true then it's a damn big area of space.

Oh one thing I did think of when I saw that outline of the creature with wings is that the wings had the same sort of menacing look as the Eagle in the Romulan symbol... So perhaps something involving the Romulans will come up too. Though if that's the case I'm hoping it's only fairly distantly.

Comment

those pods could be a reason they gave up on fighters? perhaps they fail spectacularly etc or are just not worth the risk to those who crew them, they could be a reference to the pods that enterprise fights in... enterprise ... from the suleban?

or perhaps they are a protocal for entering certain military zones or areas with automated defenses that target and destroy any armed or potentially powerful vessels that could become armed etc

im guessing they area call back to one enterprise episode or antoher though etc

Comment

So since there isn't a season 2 sub forum yet, what did everyone think to the first ep of the season?

Personally I loved it. It was a proper adventure episode with so many nice character moments flowing throughout too.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              So since there isn't a season 2 sub forum yet, what did everyone think to the first ep of the season?

Personally I loved it. It was a proper adventure episode with so many nice character moments flowing throughout too.
                              Awesome episode. I need to say that I am an absolute novice when it comes to Star Trek, I only watched a couple movies but I got hooked on Discovery last year. Great show. The CGI is simply beautiful. Not sure if we should use spoilers but I will just in case since it only aired yesterday.

Spoiler:
                              1- I got the feeling that something is not right in regards to the reason why Spock wasn't on the Enterprise. The explanation given by the Captain gave me the impression that he is hiding something. Is it just me being paranoid?

2- Loved the asteroid field ''chase'' and saw the guy getting blown to pieces coming from a mile away
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X