• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrath (816)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON EIGHT
    WRATH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 816
    Rick leads his people out for a final assault to end the Saviors, unaware that Negan has set a trap for them -- and that the enemy is rolling toward Alexandria. Gabriel makes a play for his freedom, and Jesus tries to convince Morgan that there is another way.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 April 2018, 10:16 PM.

Well, I think I mostly enjoyed the episode because we were in the theater and the atmosphere was fun.

I found the episode to be pretty predictable. I enjoyed the bullets backfiring (not sure how realistic that would of been) and Eugene coming back from the dark side. I also loved Gabriel and Dwight getting in some licks. But, that's about all I liked.

I'm not enjoying Daryl, and I always liked him. I hope we see Dwight again. I understand that in their time frame it hasn't been very long since they lost Glenn and Abraham but I don't like the tone they are setting with Maggie/Daryl/Jesus.

I figured they would keep Negan alive as in the comics, but I was almost hoping he was going to go, I guess I'm just tired of the whole story arc. We'll see what next season brings...

Comment

You pretty much echo my sentiments, so I won't bother repeating other than to say I agree lol

Comment

I honestly wasn't expecting Rick to slit Negan's throat... The episode - last few episodes appeared to be building up Karl's vision of peace, and Rick's acceptance of that... So was a bit shocked, then impressed that a junior doctor could save someone in the field with that kind of wound. :}

Making Maggie the presumed new antagonist - not to mention Darryl - isn't winning a fan here. I don't see Jesus following her though - other than in the hope of tempering her anger. Darryl though? Considering we just saw him let Dwight go? Didn't feel like it was fitting in.

I know the series needs conflict - every story does - but going down this route I think almost feels more uneasy than watching Glenn's eye pop...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that keeping Negan alive will come back and bite them in the butt. So will there be conflict between Alexandria and Hilltop next season
          sigpic

Comment

I've no idea how the comics go - believe Negan is alive in them? - but also gather that next there's a new big bad... So, presumably Negan will not be a huge thorn in their side (or thorny barbed wire on a baseball bat) - but I'm sure he'll be a nuisance.

It certainly does look like it's going to be Maggie Vs Rick next season... I hope they wrap that story arc up mid season at the latest - or even sooner. Like, S09E01.
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Just wrapped Season 8 on Netflix.

Compared to season 7 which was dark and depressing, I really enjoyed this season. Some hard decisions and some heartbreaking moments (I cried at Carl's death).

I loved seeing the conflict in Rick and in others being torn between vengeance and restraint.

I loved the fights and the payback Simon got, just wished Jadis was there to see it.

I just thought Rick was pulling Negan's leg with the whole not having to fight bit, like in the bar. I think he kinda was. While he had no intention of letting Negan walk free, he does want punishment and vengeance.

At some point they need to progress away from punishment and vengeance and into actual rehabilitation. That's something even in our world is a hard thing to overcome.

I agree with folks that I don't like the thought of Maggie being a villain. I don't think they are going to go down that route, but she will be an antagonist. She isn't even halfway through her pregnancy, so there hasn't been much time since the lost of Glenn.

She's been keeping herself busy and not dealing with the pain or grief. I think she'll need to let leadership go like Rick did for while. It's perfectly in character for her to want payback, I just hope the writers still treat her well.

Comment

Working...
              X