GateWorld Fan Art Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Unfortunately I have used "Paint" (don't laugh!), so it could have been muct better.
    You could also use GIMP. It's free and as has layers like Photoshop. There's also Inkscape and it's free as well, but I have not had the chance to check it out.
    Last edited by planet_tv; 15 February 2019, 08:45 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will have a look at these programs.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Thanks for the feedback. I will have a look at these programs.
        You're welcome.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          You could also use GIMP. It's free and as has layers like Photoshop. There's also Inkscape and it's free as well, but I have not had the chance to check it out.
          I have used Inkscape but couldn't get along with it. I'm rather fond of Paint.net, I guess, as an alternative to Photoshop or Gimp.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Since my best friend made me a beautiful 3D printed Stargate, I wanted to make a chart with the glyph names. I know the final result doesn't look a big thing for professional eyes, but it was a real challenge for me. I couldn't find the right background in my flat as the gate is even bigger than an A/3 page. Then I was struggeling with enough lights or how to edit it to colour of the wall, so I have made a few attempts, then I realized my Samsung phone could make some filter, so if I change the original picture to this chrome/classic type shade then it would be easier to work with it. So this is the result, I hope you will still appreciate it:

Stargateandglyphs2019.jpg
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

A simple trick to make embossed figures more visible is to invert the image. Or to play with the shadows and highlights.

It's how I manage to read worn off texts from old tombs and graves, or dates stamped into old walls.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You are overestimating my powers. I have found some Paint3D on my Win10, which can easily rotate pictures in any angle.

It would be nice to organise a competition / challenge for digital artist to make some alien landscape with a Stargate.

Or the action figure owners could make comics or small stop motion movies. But even just comics could be funny with 2-3-4 pictures and text bubbles above them.

Comment

Working...
                X