No announcement yet.

Dark Shadows : News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp together always makes for an interesting film.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Hmmm, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp together always makes for an interesting film.
      It does, doesn't it? I haven't seen on film I didn't like! And if they add Helena Bonham Carter to it, it's even better
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great combination for Dark Shadows!
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

So apparently this new movie will start filming in London this spring, I haven't heard anything about cast, though. ¬_¬

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

SDCC: Tim Burton still plans on Dark Shadows movie

Tim Burton will be working on Alice in Wonderland through 2010, but he still has his sights on a remake of Dark Shadows. Vampire television serials may be de rigueur these days, but Dark Shadows has True Blood and Vampire Diaries beat by decades.

"That's the plan," Burton said at a press conference at Comic-Con in San Diego Thursday, where he was promoting Alice in Wonderland. "If I'd ever finish this one, yeah."

continues:-
            http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-ti...-still-pla.php

Comment

For anyone waiting for the 2012 "Dark Shadows" movie, it's now in the theaters (started May 11, 2012), starring Johnny Depp as a *vampy* Barnabas Collins.

Also in the news -- while reading one of the behind-the-scenes articles, Jonathan Frid, who portrayed the original Barnabas Collins character, sadly passed away last month (April 13 or 14-? 2012, depending on the "source"). Many of the obit articles said he passed away peacefully from natural causes, but another article said he had suffered from a fall and died soon after. Regardless of how he left us (in this life and world) with his acting legacy, he will be missed. Not sure of any other details as to what happened. He did seem a bit disoriented while spending time working on his cameo for the 2012 DS movie. I just can't picture him as a cranky old man -- while on the set and between acting takes, tho, complaining about not needing to sit down (from age related entropy). And he did look much better over these many recent years (in his human 80's) than the 200 year old-aged person his make-up artist did back in the 1960's, when Barnabas "aged" due to Dr. Julia Hoffman's botched serum mixture to cure him..

edit--cause of death..?
              Last edited by SGalisa; 12 May 2012, 06:42 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

I really want to watch this but gonna watch Avengers again next week and I'm kinda broke after that so I have to wait for the DVD.. but surley gonna buy it someday hope it gets better because the previous movies of tim burton were kinda bad... ( yes, I'm looking at you, Alice )
                sigpic

Comment

Just spent a bunch of hours looking at old DS info and watching a few video clips from the original DS series.
                  But I have to say----

Originally posted by Angelique View Post
                  ...I wonder if we'll get any original actor cameos? I'm pretty sure John Karlen had a cameo in the 2004 WB pilot. I could see David Selby, Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott and John Karlen willing to do a cameo...

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  According to Hollywood mogul Richard D. Zanuck, Johnny Depp is going to play Barnabas Collins in a new version of the cult horror soap opera Dark Shadows...
                  Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  For anyone waiting for the 2012 "Dark Shadows" movie, it's now in the theaters (started May 11, 2012), starring Johnny Depp as a *vampy* Barnabas Collins.
                  Angelique... --if you're still reading any of these postings-- you nailed it! David Selby, Lara Parker, and Kathryn Leigh Scott were 3 of the 4 original DS cameos on Johnny Depp's Dark Shadows movie. Jonathan Frid was the 4th cameo guest. I was delighted to hear all of these wonderful actors/actresses got invited to show up in this 2012 DS movie. It sounded like they all had a great time on the 2012 movie, even tho it wasn't "their Dark Shadows" version. It seemed to be an honor that TPTB would offer these top 4 DS alumni a visiting spot in the movie. Lara Parker's interview about it made me think she really enjoyed being there.

Sadly tho, Jonathan Frid was really sliding downhill health-wise at that time, age wise. If I understood the interviews correctly, all of the rumors about him causing an anxiety scene(s) with the his other DS cast members, was true. He wanted to go home, and the 4-some almost didn't make it to the studio the day of the actual filming, because of this. Fortunately, he (and his leading ladies, Lara Parker and Kathryn Leigh Scott who helped him walk) made it into the doors at the new vampy Barnabas' lavish party. So very happy they were all able to get there, and happier too, that Kathryn Leigh Scott was able to include some memories from the 2012 DS movie into her 50th(?) anniversary book, "Dark Shadows: Return to Collinwood"... Foreword summary was written by Jonathan Frid.

Comment

Apparently CW is doing a revival/continuation that's to be called Dark Shadows: Reincarnation

https://www.thewrap.com/dark-shadows...ent-at-the-cw/

I'm very skittish about this. One, because it's the CW. Two, because for years now Big Finish has been doing brilliant audio drama continuations and I'd pick their work over untested new TV any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                    X