Dinos and Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinos and Stargate

Has anyone ever wondered where when or if dinosaurs fit into the Stargate mythos? I would think before if you believe in the Darwin theory of evolution. When the ancients where around there may not have been classic dinos like t rex but there were very large reptiles and mammals around in the basic time frame the ancients were evolving or possibly even evolved to ascend around this time. It would be interesting to find some artifact or artifacts that has something to do with earth animals a million or so years ago possibly on earth or another planet. Hell maybe even sort of like the episode of Voyager distant origin where a species of Dino evolved enough to leave earth and become a space faring race.

Not necessarily dinosaurs, but maybe iron age or bronze age or ice age animals could be included in Stargate. Ancients have been for a while and don't forget that almost the whole Sahara used to be a savannah! I know it can be a bit hard to imagine the Earth's past in 4D, but this climate changed only a few thousands years ago. That is the reason why cave paintings shows trees and animals in the middle of the current Sahara and what they studied in the movied called "the English Patient". Humanity destroyed the climate in 5-10-20 000 years as the grasslands were eaten by herds, the trees were cut down, so the sands started to spread and the whole savanah turned into a half-desert then a desert. Don't forget that even the Mediterran Sea used to have laurel forest, but those trees were also cut down for ships and making space for agriculture. But nature couldn't restore itself, so that is the reason why so many Turkish-Greek-Italian islands are only rocks nowadays. Not to mention Scotland, were used to be big forests too. Simply humanity changed the shape of the local ecosystem almost everywhere. So if we imagine that Ancients have been here 10000 years ago then maybe they "moved" some animals to other worlds which became extinct later on Earth. This idea could work, but the dinosaurs are not I am afraid. It happened 70+ millions years ago, so probably Ancients haven't existed at that time.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, and according to stargate lore Ancients left Earth 10K years ago -- that's not even close to dino-time.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Somehow, the moon M1M-316 was reported by John as having T-Rex like inhabitants, in "The Siege, Part 1".

Comment

Well... It is a scifi, so they could travel back in time to "steal" some T-Rex. Maybe Janus wanted some pets at home.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by platschu View Post
            maybe janus wanted some pets at home.

What would happen if an Iratus bug attached to a said dino? Would the bug eventually become sated and fall off, to go back to the colony, as an engorged tick would do? Or, would the bug stay attached until every bit of lifeforce were drained, carrying to bug to who knows where or how far from the colony?

Comment

That would be cool with the first is bug thing.

Comment

Maybe not dinos per say but forgive me on the different eras. The ancients were here millions of years ago then they left ten thousand years ago so there bound to be some period of at least a million years they could have had animals from the age around the bronze age or before and maybe this is reaching but the Unas kinda resemble evolved reptiles I wonder if the ancients brought them to p3x 888 or whatever planet that was where we first met Unas and they evolvedthere from primitive reptiles. Would also explain that the Goa-uld didn't bring the gate there the ancients did.

Comment

I just wrote in an other thread that I always wanted to see an Atlantis flashback story where they could reveal how the Iratus bugs captured a group of Ancients. That would explain why all the Queen was played bythe same actress... She could be the first victim who was transformed into a Wraith.

Comment

So perhaps the Unas were primitive reptiles brought by the ancients to that planet when they brought the Stargate then the reptiles evolved into the Unas and then the Goa-uld evolved to take them as their first host cuz in the scheme of the galaxy compared to the Asgard the nox the ancients and other alien races they are relatively young.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I just wrote in an other thread that I always wanted to see an Atlantis flashback story where they could reveal how the Iratus bugs captured a group of Ancients. That would explain why all the Queen was played bythe same actress... She could be the first victim who was transformed into a Wraith.
                      The Wraith language is a derivative of Ancient. I always wondered if the Iratus bugs themselves were engineered by the Ancients, as the Ancients were studying an energy being in "Hide and Seek." I hadn't thought about the bugs capturing Ancients in turn.

Comment

But it would be so simple. A group of Ancient travelers have meet with the Iratus bugs. They were too confident and they were overrun by these primitve life sucking alien forms. Or even their descendants / settlers / group of humans could run into the Iratus bugs and they became the first Wraith. No survivor have left and they became missed in action. But it was never explained how humanity showed up in Pegasus. Were they brought there by Ancients from Earth? Or are they some "degenerated" Ancients?

And I know it is only a tv show and we have never got the budget for it, but even Wraith could mind controll Iratus bugs, so they could have swarm on the ships (like the bug replicators). Or they could evolve into a Zerg type (see StarCraft) of alien race which evolves nonstoply (stronger skin cells, spikes, acid, flying etc.), so we could have seen different Iratus bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregatrongate1984 View Post
                          Maybe not dinos per say but forgive me on the different eras. The ancients were here millions of years ago then they left ten thousand years ago so there bound to be some period of at least a million years they could have had animals from the age around the bronze age or before and maybe this is reaching but the Unas kinda resemble evolved reptiles I wonder if the ancients brought them to p3x 888 or whatever planet that was where we first met Unas and they evolvedthere from primitive reptiles. Would also explain that the Goa-uld didn't bring the gate there the ancients did.
                          The Bronze Age is still nowhere near the Dino age -- millions and millions of years apart, even in the Stargate universe.

The only animals not extinct during the last Ice Age (and I'm not talking about the mini ice age during the middle ages) were woolly mammoths, who would have lived alongside the first humans.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            The Bronze Age is still nowhere near the Dino age -- millions and millions of years apart, even in the Stargate universe.

The only animals not extinct during the last Ice Age (and I'm not talking about the mini ice age during the middle ages) were woolly mammoths, who would have lived alongside the first humans.
                            Yes Falcon Horus I see but instead of the correction how bout an interesting conversation. The only time dinos were even mention as I recall is when Sheppard said something looked like a T rex on a moon during the episode siege. So who's to say dinos could have still been alive in the Stargate mythos when the ancients were evolving on earth. It could've been a thing that Daniel could've mentioned. We know the ancients that were on Atlantis named and cataloged numerous species such as the one that helped Sheppard and the rest of the team help locate Rodney so who's to say on some ancient device there is a log of different large reptiles that were still around a million years ago because so far no one has mentioned anything in 17 seasons of Stargate about an extinction level event that killed off the dinosaurs. So if that is not part of anything said or referred to in Stargate then maybe there were still large reptiles around the time the ancients were around. In the mythos the only million or millions of yrs old beings referred that lived on earth were the ancients not in real life like we know all the animals that lived during that time were mostly mammals.

Comment

I can elaborate further maybe I'm not making myself clear enough cuz I have this idea that I'm having a hard time conveying.

Comment

Working...
                              X