No announcement yet.

Krypton (SyFy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people don't like reality. Why show an idyllic society if it didn't exist? I used to have an unwavering love for my home state until a few years back when I realized that it wasn't as perfect as I always thought it was. We'd like to think Krypton was perfect, but look at what they did to Seg-El's grandfather.
    sigpic

Comment

Like you say, people don't like reality. We get enough of the "dirty underbelly" in real life. I'd rather see a more ideal version of the future. Sort of like early Star Trek (aside from DS9, which I never really got into) or "The Orville".

But we seem to get a continuing series of "this world sucks too" shows.. The Expanse, Dark Matter, The 100, Killjoys, Defiance, the list goes on. And note most of them are SyFy network.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        That wouldn't be too hard to do. CW's shows have more estrogen than birth control pills.
        To be fair, Flash and Arrow are fairy balanced.

Standing on it's own, the pilot was ok.

But I'm disappointed that the series seems to be another look at the dirty underbelly of a society, rather than a positive story of a society's development, expansion and growth.

Just for an example, clearly, the Kryptonians have space travel. What about telling the tale of their development and exploration of space?

Or it could have been a story of how they came to know that their world was doomed, it's sun was going to blow, and maybe the political intrigue that caused the govt. to silence Jor-El, rather than using whatever time they had since the discovery to save their people, migrate to another planet of something.

It seems to be ok, but it's not what I wanted it to be.
        From the comics themselves there are so many plot holes concerning Kryptonians. So many. I think them being space faring like that would beg some real tough questions as to why they put all of their eggs on one basket. Though, if they could pull it off, that would be sweet.

Like you say, people don't like reality. We get enough of the "dirty underbelly" in real life. I'd rather see a more ideal version of the future. Sort of like early Star Trek (aside from DS9, which I never really got into) or "The Orville".

But we seem to get a continuing series of "this world sucks too" shows.. The Expanse, Dark Matter, The 100, Killjoys, Defiance, the list goes on. And note most of them are SyFy network.
        It's the current "thing". Though Killjoys can be light hearted. But don't forget Orville.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          I don't follow either of those.

Comment

Both are good shows. You should check them out.

Here is what is coming up on episode 2. I'm looking forward to it.

sigpic

Comment

What I've seen so far is pretty good. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post

Here is what is coming up on episode 2. I'm looking forward to it.

He would hate them
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  He would hate them
                  I dunno...He might like them!

Enjoyed the 2nd epsiode. I can see the series moving quickly due to a season only being 10 episodes. I think this may lead for better story telling.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    He would hate them
                    I dunno...He might like them!
                    I've been exposed to them via the crossover episodes, but I didn't see anything that would make me want to watch them.

I've picked up "Legends", though.. I rather like the Mick Rory character.

Comment

Is that cos he reminds you of you?

Comment

In some aspects, yes. A very direct, no BS kind of person.

Comment

In some aspects, yes. A very direct, no BS kind of person.
                          True...but there is a way to be direct without being a male appendage.

New episode tomorrow!
                          sigpic

Comment

I finally got to see episode 3 last night. It is interesting how the House of Zod and House of El are intermingling...I just wonder how long this will last? Now that Lyta is a commander, she is protecting the rankless (I almost said factionless because this was done in the Divergent series).
                            sigpic

Comment

Episode 4...this Wednesday

sigpic

Comment

they already lost me... too dark scenery,,, music sucks... I expected more light, outdoors too... dumping this...
                                My Story:
                                http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Working...
                                X