Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Krypton (SyFy)

  1. #1
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Sci-Fi Krypton (SyFy)

    I couldn't find a thread for the new series...but if there is one, feel free to merge this with the established thread. If not...then let's talk about the new series.


    I'm looking forward to this. The previews look good. The first episode comes out on Wednesday 3/21 on SyFy.

  2. #2
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Trailer #2


  3. #3
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    I'm looking forward to the Wednesday premiere!

  4. #4
    Chief Master Sergeant Lorne's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Wednesday premiere!
    Me, too. The half-hour special SyFy has been showing was great and it's made me even more excited to watch this show.

    Can't wait to see Adam Strange in live-action (for the first time ever, if I'm not mistaken).

  5. #5
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Wow! I've not been watching anything on the SyFy channel lately. So, I didn't know about the half-hour special. I might see if I can find it before Krypton's premiere on Wednesday.

  6. #6
    Captain pscard's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    I hope syffy doesn't mess this up.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)


    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

  7. #7
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by pscard View Post
    I hope syffy doesn't mess this up.
    If the previews are any indication...it seems like it will be pretty good.

  8. #8
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,001

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    It's an interesting premise, I haven't seen it yet though. It does have one minor thing that worries me. We know how it ends.

  9. #9
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,295

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    I haven't seen it yet either, but I have to wonder if it's just an attempt to grab at the audience that is watching Supergirl on CW.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  10. #10
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,001

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I haven't seen it yet either, but I have to wonder if it's just an attempt to grab at the audience that is watching Supergirl on CW.
    From the previews, it looks like they have another demographic in mind...a more male demographic.

  11. #11
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,295

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    From the previews, it looks like they have another demographic in mind...a more male demographic.
    That wouldn't be too hard to do. CW's shows have more estrogen than birth control pills.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  12. #12
    Chief Master Sergeant Lorne's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Watched the pilot and it's pretty great.

    Solid story and the effects are amazing.

    High recommendation.

  13. #13
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    Watched the pilot and it's pretty great.

    Solid story and the effects are amazing.

    High recommendation.
    I agree! The pilot was pretty good. I just wonder where the show will go after they finish the story line with Seg-El ensuring the birth of Kal-El

  14. #14
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Just read that Krypton will run 10 season episodes.

  15. #15
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,295

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Standing on it's own, the pilot was ok.

    But I'm disappointed that the series seems to be another look at the dirty underbelly of a society, rather than a positive story of a society's development, expansion and growth.

    Just for an example, clearly, the Kryptonians have space travel. What about telling the tale of their development and exploration of space?

    Or it could have been a story of how they came to know that their world was doomed, it's sun was going to blow, and maybe the political intrigue that caused the govt. to silence Jor-El, rather than using whatever time they had since the discovery to save their people, migrate to another planet of something.

    It seems to be ok, but it's not what I wanted it to be.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  16. #16
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Most people don't like reality. Why show an idyllic society if it didn't exist? I used to have an unwavering love for my home state until a few years back when I realized that it wasn't as perfect as I always thought it was. We'd like to think Krypton was perfect, but look at what they did to Seg-El's grandfather.

  17. #17
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,295

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Like you say, people don't like reality. We get enough of the "dirty underbelly" in real life. I'd rather see a more ideal version of the future. Sort of like early Star Trek (aside from DS9, which I never really got into) or "The Orville".

    But we seem to get a continuing series of "this world sucks too" shows.. The Expanse, Dark Matter, The 100, Killjoys, Defiance, the list goes on. And note most of them are SyFy network.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  18. #18
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,001

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    That wouldn't be too hard to do. CW's shows have more estrogen than birth control pills.
    To be fair, Flash and Arrow are fairy balanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Standing on it's own, the pilot was ok.

    But I'm disappointed that the series seems to be another look at the dirty underbelly of a society, rather than a positive story of a society's development, expansion and growth.

    Just for an example, clearly, the Kryptonians have space travel. What about telling the tale of their development and exploration of space?

    Or it could have been a story of how they came to know that their world was doomed, it's sun was going to blow, and maybe the political intrigue that caused the govt. to silence Jor-El, rather than using whatever time they had since the discovery to save their people, migrate to another planet of something.

    It seems to be ok, but it's not what I wanted it to be.
    From the comics themselves there are so many plot holes concerning Kryptonians. So many. I think them being space faring like that would beg some real tough questions as to why they put all of their eggs on one basket. Though, if they could pull it off, that would be sweet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Like you say, people don't like reality. We get enough of the "dirty underbelly" in real life. I'd rather see a more ideal version of the future. Sort of like early Star Trek (aside from DS9, which I never really got into) or "The Orville".

    But we seem to get a continuing series of "this world sucks too" shows.. The Expanse, Dark Matter, The 100, Killjoys, Defiance, the list goes on. And note most of them are SyFy network.
    It's the current "thing". Though Killjoys can be light hearted. But don't forget Orville.

  19. #19
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,295

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    To be fair, Flash and Arrow are fairy balanced.
    I don't follow either of those.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  20. #20
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,139

    Default Re: Krypton (SyFy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I don't follow either of those.
    Both are good shows. You should check them out.

    Here is what is coming up on episode 2. I'm looking forward to it.


Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Last Children of Krypton (202)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Two Episodes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 4th, 2016, 06:41 AM
  2. Reform Syfy Now Uberthread - Syfy Boycott/Ultimatum thread
    By Ekras in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: May 30th, 2011, 02:32 PM
  3. SyFy Portal: 2007 SyFy Genre Awards - Nominations Open
    By morjana in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 6th, 2007, 07:39 PM
  4. SyFy Portal: 2007 SyFy Genre Awards - Nominations Open
    By morjana in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 6th, 2007, 07:33 PM
  5. SG1/SGA - SyFy Portal: 2006 SyFy Genre Awards Nominations
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 20th, 2006, 06:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •