No announcement yet.

Krypton (SyFy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not holding my interest either.. I think I've just had my fill of dysfunctional society sci fi that focuses on the dark underbelly of various sci fi concepts, which seems to be what SyFy is specializing in as of late.

Comment

SyFy is focusing on dystopian shows because that is what sells right now. Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, etc...are all popular YA novels turned into successful movies.
      sigpic

Comment

I like this show, but I'd like it better if I actually liked Seg, I really dislike him for some reason.
        sigpic

Comment

So...a Zod and an El. Who would've thunk? I enjoyed the new episode.

I'm curious, VW, why don't you like Seg? He just seems like the typical angsty 20-something.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post

I'm curious, VW, why don't you like Seg? He just seems like the typical angsty 20-something.
            The most recent episode, Civil Wars, is my favorite episode so far
            Spoiler:
            Brainiac not being from the future makes more sense than him being from the future as the characters previously thought.

I guess the fact that he does seem like a pretty typical angsty 20-something might be the reason I don't like him. That, and the fact that he looks like an underwear model (I know it's a really superficial reason, but I can't help it, I can't stand that look for some reason and it just colors how I see the character).
            sigpic

Comment

Isn't simply being a twenty-something reason enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Isn't simply being a twenty-something reason enough?
                Nope...there are some 20-somethings I know with a better head on their shoulders than some 60-somethings I know.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope...there are some 20-somethings I know with a better head on their shoulders than some 60-somethings I know.
                  Nonsense. I was a twenty-something once. I know what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Nonsense. I was a twenty-something once. I know what they are.
                    Sweeping generalizations don't look good on you! Plus...that was far too long ago for you to possibly remember.
                    sigpic

Comment

People always overlook culture. 20 for Annoyed looks a lot different than what it looks like for you and me. We had airplanes when we turned twenty. When Annoyed turned 20 steamboats seemed like magic. Which may explain his fear of technology
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        People always overlook culture. 20 for Annoyed looks a lot different than what it looks like for you and me. We had airplanes when we turned twenty. When Annoyed turned 20 steamboats seemed like magic. Which may explain his fear of technology
                        Ahhh...yes...I keep forgetting this!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I have no fear of technology. But like any other tool, there is a time and a place when its use is appropriate and when its not.

Comment

Well, I must say that I'm enjoying this show. No news on if it will get renewed are not. The numbers aren't stellar by any means, but I hope it does get renewed.

Episode 9 airs tomorrow!

sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that the season finale is right around the corner. Episode 10 airs on May 23rd. I'm really interested to see how things play out, and if Superman's cape gets any length added to it.

sigpic

Comment

Syfy has confirmed that its time travelling Superman prequel will return... Just in time for the season finale over in the US, Krypton has been renewed for a second season. No other details are currently available, but Syfy is pleased with the results they've seen from Krypton so far, with season one averaging 1.8 million viewers per week, and the first episode was the network's highest watched debut since Ascension in 2014.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X