Krypton (SyFy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krypton (SyFy)

I couldn't find a thread for the new series...but if there is one, feel free to merge this with the established thread. If not...then let's talk about the new series.

I'm looking forward to this. The previews look good. The first episode comes out on Wednesday 3/21 on SyFy.
    sigpic

Trailer #2

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Wednesday premiere!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        I'm looking forward to the Wednesday premiere!
        Me, too. The half-hour special SyFy has been showing was great and it's made me even more excited to watch this show.

Can't wait to see Adam Strange in live-action (for the first time ever, if I'm not mistaken).

Comment

Wow! I've not been watching anything on the SyFy channel lately. So, I didn't know about the half-hour special. I might see if I can find it before Krypton's premiere on Wednesday.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope syffy doesn't mess this up.
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
              I hope syffy doesn't mess this up.
              If the previews are any indication...it seems like it will be pretty good.
              sigpic

Comment

It's an interesting premise, I haven't seen it yet though. It does have one minor thing that worries me. We know how it ends.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it yet either, but I have to wonder if it's just an attempt to grab at the audience that is watching Supergirl on CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I haven't seen it yet either, but I have to wonder if it's just an attempt to grab at the audience that is watching Supergirl on CW.
                    From the previews, it looks like they have another demographic in mind...a more male demographic.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      From the previews, it looks like they have another demographic in mind...a more male demographic.
                      That wouldn't be too hard to do. CW's shows have more estrogen than birth control pills.

Comment

Watched the pilot and it's pretty great.

Solid story and the effects are amazing.

High recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                          Watched the pilot and it's pretty great.

Solid story and the effects are amazing.

High recommendation.
                          I agree! The pilot was pretty good. I just wonder where the show will go after they finish the story line with Seg-El ensuring the birth of Kal-El
                          sigpic

Comment

Just read that Krypton will run 10 season episodes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Standing on it's own, the pilot was ok.

But I'm disappointed that the series seems to be another look at the dirty underbelly of a society, rather than a positive story of a society's development, expansion and growth.

Just for an example, clearly, the Kryptonians have space travel. What about telling the tale of their development and exploration of space?

Or it could have been a story of how they came to know that their world was doomed, it's sun was going to blow, and maybe the political intrigue that caused the govt. to silence Jor-El, rather than using whatever time they had since the discovery to save their people, migrate to another planet of something.

It seems to be ok, but it's not what I wanted it to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X