• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Key (812)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON EIGHT
    THE KEY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 812
    With the Saviors approaching Hilltop Rick takes a rare chance to isolate Negan from his people and confront him face-to-face. While Simon tries to convince Dwight to turn on Negan, Maggie faces a difficult decision when a stranger offers Hillstop a trade.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 March 2018, 12:31 AM.

I thought this was a really good episode. (I'm choosing to ignore that Negan must be wearing an invisible shield of some sort). I can't wait to see what's going to happen with Simon and Negan and with Jadis and Negan. 2 characters not in the comics so there really is no way to guess and that makes it a bit more interesting to me. I loved seeing Rick light Lucille on fire! I hope Maggie and Enid aren't turning to the dark side. I'm worried about Dwight, he keeps trying to get away to warn the Hilltop. Hopefully he gets gone before that savior woman gets back and rats him out, I'm sure she'll be back. And lasty. Georgia ?? Unexpected, I liked them.

Comment

After the previous episode's smack talk, it was great to see the follow through with Rick and Negan. And Lucille on fire - Hot! Whilst Negan's fate took an interesting twist, it was Lucille that I think I was most interested in finding out about!

Curious to see what Jadis does with Negan. You'd think she'd have killed him on sight - obviously however not the right timing for his fate / showrunner's plans...

Whilst Karl's dream of Negan and Rick as friends seems far fetched, part of me would love to think it could become a reality. Yes, there's a HUGE cloud over the idea due to the way Negan goes about "saving" people, but ultimately if/when calamity does strike humanity, we will need to overcome the urge to live in an eye-for-an-eye mentality - for the sake of our species. That said, I honestly don't know if I could ever forgive someone like Negan, where I in Rick's shoes. I think there would always be this urge in the back of my mind to take action...

Out of the frying pan and into the fire with Simon! I wasn't exactly expecting him to lead the Saviors toward a peaceful way of life, but didn't expect the promptness with which he's wanting to burn the Hilltop... Whilst he's right in that they are not going to tuck tail, the whole structure of the Saviors relies on outsourcing scavenging, and they just lost 3 supply sources - Surely that's gotta be their priority, rather than slaughter.

Re Maggie & Enid... I'm banking on Enid "waking up" to herself after getting through her grief over Karl, and also coming to terms with being a murderer. As for Maggie - well, she's certainly going down a dark path, almost like Rick 2.0... I just read that the actress may be leaving over her pay... would be a big change to the comics - first Karl, then Maggie... but maybe that's what's on the cards - she'll go too far, to a point she can't come back, and meet an ill fate.

Oh and - Calling All Alexandrians?? Who is left from the cast of Alexandrians that we met several seasons ago? Just Aaron? I know we just saw a heap of background dwellers in the sewers when they were fleeing Negan, but - am I right that there's no one actually with a name except Aaron?
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        Oh and - Calling All Alexandrians?? Who is left from the cast of Alexandrians that we met several seasons ago? Just Aaron? I know we just saw a heap of background dwellers in the sewers when they were fleeing Negan, but - am I right that there's no one actually with a name except Aaron?
        There are a few left, but they tend not to get a lot of dialogue. Off the top of my head: Enid, Aaron, Tobin (well), and Heath (who has been AWOL since early season 7). So no, not many.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ooooh lol yes Enid... Mentioned her but didn't associate with Alexandria. Tobin - I actually thought he'd died a while ago... clearly I'm wrong on that! And Heath - forgot about him, which is a shame as I seem to recall thinking he had potential.

I guess it's the problem with ensemble shows - you have the more core characters that need development and screen time, but that eats away time for others to build up... til - oh, say, Karl gets bitten!!! Oh wait, but now we've introduced another new character in the wake of that with his doctor friend.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

The actor who played Heath got the lead on the new 24, so they wrote him out so he could do that, but left the door open just in case err, the show bombed and got cancelled, which I think it did.

Comment

Ah, did not know that.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
              X