Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The food came back....
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Whoa?
      This is deep...

Comment

Nope, not in the mood.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Shall we ask the mods to change the name of the topic? Stargate : Origins - Catherine (feature cut) or something like that.

By the way... There is till no sign of download code or anything. I believe I have to use some "alternate resources" even if I tried to use the legal way. I am sligthly masochistic that I want to watch it again even if I know it will piss me off.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Shall we ask the mods to change the name of the topic? Stargate : Origins - Catherine (feature cut) or something like that.
            I suggest you leave it until after SDCC (when everyone comes out none the wiser, and another carrot dangling in front of people's noses or nothing of the sort).

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            By the way... There is till no sign of download code or anything. I believe I have to use some "alternate resources" even if I tried to use the legal way. I am sligthly masochistic that I want to watch it again even if I know it will piss me off.
            You may want to contact support -- and else, I can hook you up if you like.

Comment

Mod hat on...and this is a general notice.

Although it isn't specified in the forum FAQ (yet) ,the itunes code for the special feature cut or uploaded links to the feature isn't something Darren wants offered,asked for,or posted directly on the threads,group messages or Visitor message walls.

That applies whether or not any of you (the generalised form of "you") already paid for the webisodes and should've recieved the code from the SGC site.
              Contact their official Support people as a first step if you're unable to get the content you paid for,and/or tweet to their Twitter accounts.Could be an ISP issue or other region blocking going on,like GDPR?

If anyone still wants to know the code or ANY other alternate means link to streams, etc ,then use Private Message or better still,use private E-mail.(See FAQ)
              GW doesn't have any interest in or say in what you talk about or do off-Forum.Private means private.
              We aren't classifying code trades/gifts of the feature code as "illegal" unless we hear differently from MGM/SGC : eg,if they tell Darren it's a violation of their Terms of Service.

If anyone wants to debate that policy guide ,feel free to e-mail Darren directly at the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address.

*Mod hat off*
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Adding a ditto to Baggie’s excellent post.

If you are a subscriber to Origins but couldn’t care a fig about that special content....DO NOT post any links or codes here.

THat said, just as she said, what happens in private happens in private.

And you may wish to read over the TOS for your Origins site to know just what rules and regs you agreed to, then acknowledge that you are responsible for the decisions you make.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

FUrther clarification from the boss

You want to ask for codes here
                  You want to offer codes here

fine.

DO NOT POST CODES HERE.
                  DO NOT ASK FOR MONEY FOR YOUR CODES

If MGM says otherwise then we’ll adjust.

So if Ed wants to come here and ask for a code, Mary can PM him a code, end of story as long as Mary is not selling her code.

If Mary has a code and doesn’t want it, Mary can post ‘anyone want a code’ and then PM that code to that person....as long as she is not selling the code.

Baggie and I were operating under what we thought the boss said, but he clarified the situation.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, guys. I haven't imagined such things could happen on this forum. I am truly and hopelessly naive.

I am an All-Access member, but I haven't received my email from SG:C to download it. I am using a Samsung mobile anyway, so maybe I wouldn't be able to do it from the iPhone store. I was talking about that delay.... I will contact the customer service, just it is disappointing how SG:C is organised.

Comment

@Platschu -- they really reccommend contact stargate command support. There are others on their forum who have not received their code. Mostly those who only recently became members.

@ Mods

For the record it should be noted, and I shall point it out in red and bold:

THE ITUNES CODES ARE FOR ALL-ACCESS MEMBERS TO GET A "FREE" COPY OF THE FEATURE CUT. THEY ARE REGION SPECIFIC AND CAN NOT BE USED OUTSIDE OF THE 6 REGIONS ELLIGIBLE FOR ALL-ACCESS

Exchanges of the code have already happened on the Stargate Command forum, and they are indeed also offered for cash so if you live outside of the 6 regions, know that it won't work on your iTunes.

I read the iTunes Terms of Services to specifically check this. And an all-access member who bought his premium account during a glitch of the system walked straight into the iTunes region-lock wall.

The Terms of Service and Privacy Policy of Stargate Command do not make mentions of exchanging codes. However, region-locks apply so if you're not part of the 6 country circle, you either pay for it or well... that which is not allowed to be mentioned.

The GDPR, by the way, doesn't influence the use of the code. It's only about privacy rules.

Comment

I have read a few IMDB reviewe about SG:O-C :
                        https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161862...ws?ref_=tt_urv
                        The reactions are really-really divided, but the 4 out of 10 points says everything after 3400+ votes.

Comment

Reviews vary between "you like it" or "you don't like it" but rarely somewhere in the middle.

I had no expectations going in, and that worked wonders cause I thought it was OK. I've seen it twice now -- maybe a third time in the coming weeks (on the train to the UK perhaps).

Comment

Just a little Origins epilogue fan fiction:

Serket was a Scorpion Goddess in mythology, so we can assume that she formed a group of Goa'uld alliance, the Linvris against the Systemlords who attacked her beloved Ra's domains after his death. Unfortunately her new partners committed some crime on other planets, so Machello managed to kill all of them at a gathering. So even if we were not aware of it, her crimes in Origins was revenged by this weaponmaster.
                            http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Linvris
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serket

Comment

What crimes did Serket commit in Origins?

Comment

Well she betrayed her master, but not sure if that should be considered as a crime since Aset went rogue.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X