No announcement yet.

Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have re-watched the whole Feature Cut yesterday. I have to tell you guys, I am really positively surprised. It is still far from good pr perfect. The comic German character (Henrich) ruined the seriousness of first 20 minutes and even the acting were not convincing from the other actors either, but it was much better after the story continued on Abydos. The episode ending vortex effect have gone and it was shown briefly in a reversed montage at the end, when Aset began the memory loss process on Catherine. I also liked how the episodes and scenes were connected to each other (like one sentence is finished by an other character, or the pendant of Ra turns into the Nazi pendant or when Dr. Langford strokes his hair then Catherine start the next scene with the same movement). Clever! Maybe these were in the original version, but the short format completly ruined to discover this little creative ideas. And when Brücke showed his evil side in the tent, I have to tell you there were some serious acting from the cast. Sarah Navratil (Eva) was really-really good in those scenes and I like how she teamed up with Dr. Langford. And she is pretty as well like Ellie Gall. Talking about beauty... The boys could have visited cosmetic shops as Beal and Wasif were full of spots. Maybe it was caused by the heating in the set. At least they looked realistic. I also liked how Aset was convinced by him to let them fight their own wars by themselves. Somehow I skipped or I haven't taken notice of this plot part. Okay, the ending was way too rushed as there was no logical reason why would Aset risk anything for the Langfords, but maybe she had a "good side" as a mother. There was also no proper reason why would Aset spare Kasuf, then Ra would spare Motawk and Wasif. I am guessing Aset could see the technology and she knew one day the returning Earthlings can overthrow Ra. But it was also not explained if Ra knew about the active Stargate use on Earth from Serqet, then would he not paid a visit to look around? But we can still explain that maybe he was worried about the Asgards or some other important matters in the galaxy. So all together I am satisfied. Not good, not that bad. I would give a solid 4-5 points now out of 10. This feature cut was definately an improvement.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

My goofballs rule!

Just saying...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know you like them. Honestly I was surprised as it was much better this merged version.

The curtain error was left in the Feature Cut. When the trio arrives to Abydos, the curtain is closed and opened behind Wasif within a few seconds. It is kinda funny.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
        X