No announcement yet.

Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Now we reached 10 countries... 187 countries to go! So if they have added 4 in 7 months, then the whole world could watch it in 2045.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Wow. Now we reached 10 countries... 187 countries to go! So if they have added 4 in 7 months, then the whole world could watch it in 2045.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It will be sad if the first Mars colonists can watch it legally earlier than us.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It will be sad if the first Mars colonists can watch it legally earlier than us.
          I wouldn't be too worried about that -- someone hasn't thought all the issues with that mission through yet. Nobody's going to Mars any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I wouldn't be too worried about that -- someone hasn't thought all the issues with that mission through yet. Nobody's going to Mars any time soon.
            Unless the Stargate program was running for the past 20 years, and we have played nice with our alien allies, and somehow or other you're shorlisted for the homeworld-disaster-evacuation list. LOL

Comment

I bet the astronauts on the International Space Station already have access to it

Comment

...and they wonder why piracy is so rife in this industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  ...and they wonder why piracy is so rife in this industry.
                  Seriously. I'm not advocating for it, but when international rollouts are as inept as this, I certainly understand it.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Seriously. I'm not advocating for it, but when international rollouts are as inept as this, I certainly understand it.
                    I am aware there's a streaming website where Origins can be viewed -- illegally -- and I've seen a whole lot of tweets from people not elligible for all-access tweeting about it so I'm fairly certain MGM and Stargate Command are aware that's how a lot of "blocked" people are already watching anyway.

And before you ask, yes -- I have the link, and no -- I haven't watched it. Not planning to either.

Comment

555F91A4-54D3-4511-9CA0-60FF5DBF6479.jpeg

Release date is June 19th per MGM’s Twitter.
                      Last edited by mooseman; 13 June 2018, 07:16 PM. Reason: Add screenshot

Comment

Definitely curious to see what changes have been made.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

So, they're now calling this "Stargate Origins: Catherine". Gearing up for more seasons? Hopefully of higher quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                            So, they're now calling this "Stargate Origins: Catherine". Gearing up for more seasons? Hopefully of higher quality.
                            They can stick their other Origins-story where Ra doesn't shine.

And as far as the "worldwide" release of this one -- I'll believe it when I see it available in my neck of the woods.

Nevertheless, MGM has lost a supporter eitherway.

Comment

It is a great news. At least something has happened. I hope they completly remake the stargate visuals and gate / DHD sound effects (according to the "usual" SG-1 one), so after that maybe it will be an enjoyable mini SG adventure.

Comment

It is a great news. At least something has happened. I hope they completly remake the stargate visuals and gate / DHD sound effects (according to the "usual" SG-1 one), so after that maybe it will be an enjoyable mini SG adventure.
                                I see dangling the stargate carrot still works for you. Are you really that naive?

The VFX of the gate as they made it in Origins is not going to be the same as SG-1's.
                                They added VFX-shot not changed any. They took the spinning camera-movements out (heard about them).

The story will still be the same. VFX and sound really can't change that.

Comment

Working...
                                X